Poll: Vote For Best Shows Of 2011

Vote here: bit.ly/2011pjshows

Up next in Live On 4 Legs quest to determine the top 10 shows of the decade is 2011. Of course this year was dominated by PJ20, a full Canadian tour and South/Central America dates. Lots of great stuff to choose from. Select up to 5 shows in the poll to move on to the next round!

Feel free to share this on your social media pages and us know what you voted for!

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• ST66483ST66483 Posts: 756
    My favourite was Toronto 9/11.  Even before Neil Young came out it was a stellar show, but that just put it over the top.  2011 had some great shows.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Toronto 9/11/11 is in my top five out of 58 seeing pj live.   It was such an amazing night.  My favorite song ever is long road...after the song ends Ed flicks his guitar pic out and it literally lands in my hands.  

Now maybe some some people will disagree with me not having been at the show but are hardcore bootleg listeners but I can attest this show was legit.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Toronto 9/11/11 is in my top five out of 58 seeing pj live.   It was such an amazing night.  My favorite song ever is long road...after the song ends Ed flicks his guitar pic out and it literally lands in my hands.  

Now maybe some some people will disagree with me not having been at the show but are hardcore bootleg listeners but I can attest this show was legit.  
    Agreed. Amazing show and mantrilogy as well 
    2000 - Toronto 
    2005 - St. John's 2
    2006 - Toronto 1 & 2 
    2009 - Toronto 
    2011 - Toronto 1 
    2013 - Pittsburgh,  Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit 
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto 1, Wrigley 1 
    2018 - Wrigley 1 & 2
    2019 - Ohana Festival 
    2022 - Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Nashville
    2023 - St. Paul 1 & 2
    2024 - Vancouver 1 & 2, NYC 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    mcgruff10 said:

That is frickin' awesome.  Picks are awesome but knowing one was actually used is cool. I have one from Charlottesville that Mike used on DTE. 

I thought Night 1 of PJ20 was fantastic and would put that as number 1 for me. 

Really enjoyed the Canada shows though I went to.  Of Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, and Edmonton I would put Calgary as my favorite.  Hearing them do It Happened Today by REM was just a crazy song out of nowhere.  Too bad about the circumstances.

Really enjoyed the Canada shows though I went to.  Of Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, and Edmonton I would put Calgary as my favorite.  Hearing them do It Happened Today by REM was just a crazy song out of nowhere.  Too bad about the circumstances.

Instead of going to Europe in 2020 I want to go to some cool ass cities in Canada.  
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    Select 5 shows? You got it.

Montreal, QC - Bell Centre (9/7)
    Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre Night 1 (9/11)
    Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre Night 2 (9/12)
    Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place (9/14)
    Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum (9/15)

:)

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    demetrios said:

They gotta go back to Montreal!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited November 2019
    mcgruff10 said:

Instead of going to Europe in 2020 I want to go to some cool ass cities in Canada.  

Why can't we have both?  Would love an Eastern Canada run like in 2005.

The cool thing about Calgary was that I stayed three nights in  Banff National Park for that show as Banf was only about an hour or so away.  Such a beautiful area.  The drive from Calgary to Edmonton was beautiful as well and stopped for a glacier tour along the way.  The drive from Winnipeg to Saskatoon to Calgary was pretty flat and dull, but I enjoyed just being in the middle of nowhere and going 10+ minutes not seeing another car (even longer at night).  THe 30 hour drive from Edmonton to Chicago was horrible though.  The drive home is always the worst.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    ST66483 said:
    My favourite was Toronto 9/11.  Even before Neil Young came out it was a stellar show, but that just put it over the top.  2011 had some great shows.
    mcgruff10 said:

9/11/11 has my vote... Neil coming out For RITFW made it the best show ending I’ve ever seen.  It made the 11 hour drive home the next day worth every second. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

9/11/11 has my vote... Neil coming out For RITFW made it the best show ending I’ve ever seen.  It made the 11 hour drive home the next day worth every second. 

You obviously were not at the 2005 Toronto show where Bono came out for RITFW.  I'm kidding but it was still an awesome way to finish in 2005 as well (as I do like Bono and U2).
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You obviously were not at the 2005 Toronto show where Bono came out for RITFW.  I'm kidding but it was still an awesome way to finish in 2005 as well (as I do like Bono and U2).
    Listen, according to spiritual people who were at the shows don’t count at all.  So obviously you are wrong. ;)

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    on2legs said:
    ST66483 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I love U2 so that would have been awesome too. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:

They gotta go back to Montreal!!!
    Dear God yes they do! 
  • 1.BUENOS AIRES
    2.TORONTO 1
    3.ALPINE  2
    4.ALPINE  1
    5.PORTO ALEGRE 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    1.BUENOS AIRES
    2.TORONTO 1
    3.ALPINE  2
    4.ALPINE  1
    5.PORTO ALEGRE 
    Alpine was so damn fun. 
  • Toronto 1 with Long Road being played 10 years after 9/11, Chloe Dancer/Crown, RITFW with Neil half way through, + seeing PJ20 at the Toronto Film Festival a few seats from Neil made it for a nice 24 hours. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• BA boot is one of my favorites!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • @Sobelberg8 Buenos Aires is an awesome bootleg, you guys from Live on 4 legs should definitively cover this one ... and South America is not on your map yet.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • mcgruff10 said:
    1.BUENOS AIRES
    2.TORONTO 1
    3.ALPINE  2
    4.ALPINE  1
    5.PORTO ALEGRE 
    Alpine was so damn fun. 
     fuck yeah
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
     and first time ever we had a world party ..played liover at radio and was all tune in !!!
    one of the best setliost threads ever 
     and first time ever we had a world party ..played liover at radio and was all tune in !!!
    one of the best setliost threads ever 
    EPIC!  :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • @Sobelberg8 Buenos Aires is an awesome bootleg, you guys from Live on 4 legs should definitively cover this one ... and South America is not on your map yet.
    It will be. 2020 has many surprises in store
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Ottawa 
    Winnipeg
    São Paulo 2
    Lima
    Porto Alegre

2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    Ottawa 
    Winnipeg
    São Paulo 2
    Lima
    Porto Alegre

I just listened to Ottawa and it was ok; what am I missing?
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Toronto 9.11.11 is definitely the best show of 2011.  It is not even close, and there were some nice nights on that Canadian tour.  Handful of pj shows thru the years I'd like a do over to go see, that would be one.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    I think I've stated this before but Toronto 1 is why I (eventually) became a 10c member. Epic show.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Ottawa 
    Winnipeg
    São Paulo 2
    Lima
    Porto Alegre

I just listened to Ottawa and it was ok; what am I missing?
    http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/2013/12/ottawa-2011.html?m=0

2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    Bump!