Options

Vinyl Me Please QOTSA

2»

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Just tried to listen to the new Essentials album for January. I made it through about 15 minutes of hipster whining, and yeah, no diggity. I didn't really care for any of the swap options either, and the ones I did like, I already own.

The three-month run of The Soft Bulletin, Songs for the Deaf and I Never Loved a Man ... was excellent, though. Unfortunately, they didn't have any info about what the next two titles would be February and March, so I canceled.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I swapped my January ROTM for Soft Bulletin. I got QOTSA for both Nov and Dec. Both were split on the top edge of the gatefold. Emailed them weeks ago but no reply. Really annoyed I didnt put this on Paypal.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,031
    dankind said:
    Just tried to listen to the new Essentials album for January. I made it through about 15 minutes of hipster whining, and yeah, no diggity. I didn't really care for any of the swap options either, and the ones I did like, I already own.

The three-month run of The Soft Bulletin, Songs for the Deaf and I Never Loved a Man ... was excellent, though. Unfortunately, they didn't have any info about what the next two titles would be February and March, so I canceled.
    ....same here!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited January 2020
    The next two essentials were announced... glad I cancelled too.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Anyone else get the apology email from VMP. At least they are owning up to the problems, step in the right direction.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    Anyone else get the apology email from VMP. At least they are owning up to the problems, step in the right direction.
    For what?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

As you may or may not know, we updated our member platform on November 19, 2019. It resulted in several issues, affecting your experience with VMP. We failed to communicate in this process, and we apologize that you’re reading this on January 10th, 2020 instead of November 10th, 2019. The issues created by the update left many of you confused, frustrated, and questioning your confidence in Vinyl Me, Please. We understand why:

We were too slow shipping orders, with many holiday products/gifts not arriving on time 

​We were too slow in responding to your customer service issues

We made too many mistakes in the process of shipping your orders, including shipping things to the wrong address, sending duplicate orders, having to cancel orders due to overselling and shipping the wrong things

We failed to proactively communicate to you during this process

We recognize these mistakes and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused in this process. This email serves to give more insight into why we decided to make this update and provide details on what corrective actions we’ve taken since. More insight on the most prominent issues is visible here.

Why we updated the platform

Our legacy platform may have seemed fine from the outside, but it required constant maintenance, including daily fixes and updates to perform basic functions. In essence, we were duct-taping our old system together on a daily basis, and we were concerned that we would run out of duct tape before the end of the year. Given the information we had at the time, we felt the instability of the legacy platform posed a larger risk than performing the update.

Actions taken since platform update

Since the update, we have been focused on assessing and resolving the highest priority issues as quickly as possible. Our warehouse ran overtime through the month of December and into January to get orders shipped as quickly as possible. We have also added 4 more people to our customer support team, who have been working to answer questions as quickly as possible. We are continuing to prioritize the cleaning up of lingering issues, resolving unshipped orders, and responding to unanswered customer service questions.

Looking back, there are several things we would have done differently, but none more critical than communicating in advance of the migration and providing regular updates along the way. With this learning in mind, we have formed an internal action response team with a mandate for proactive customer communication.

VMP has evolved over the years and the reason we’re here remains the same: to experience music more deeply. Despite the issues this update has caused, this could not be truer going into 2020. Whether you are new to VMP or have been here since the beginning, we are proud to call you a member, and we’re excited for all that 2020 has in store. We look forward to moving ahead and returning to the goal of exploring music together.

Sincerely,

The VMP Team 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    Will buy your copy of The Roots - Phrenology, if you don't want it...