Where will Urban Meyer be coaching in 2020?

In light of the struggles at some of the "blue blood" FBS schools and the coaching carousel that is Urban Meyer, where do my fellow CFB fans foresee him coaching next season?
"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

Where will Urban Meyer be coaching in 2020? 12 votes

USC
16%
pjhawksdarwinstheory 2 votes
FSU
8%
F Me In The Brain 1 vote
MICHIGAN
0%
NOTRE DAME
8%
CROJAM95 1 vote
OTHER
16%
MayDay10pjsteelerfan 2 votes
NOWHERE (this means not coach at all, not the nowhere that is USC)
50%
markymark550mickeyratpjwhiptempo_n_groovedrakeheuer14Glorified KC 6 votes

Comments

• NOWHERE (this means not coach at all, not the nowhere that is USC)
    I thought he had some major ailment that he couldn't coach anymore?
  • USC
    Rumors suggest that USC is willing to give him whatever he wants.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    edited November 2019
    USC
    he chose Florida over ND previously so I say no ND.  He already said he wouldn't do Michigan.  I can't see him doing Florida State. he's pretty much a coaching whore and leaves a trail of indiscretions behind whenever he leaves so that fits with USC.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • USC
    I thought he had some major ailment that he couldn't coach anymore?
    Yeah, but that's what he said when he left Florida. Seems to be his go-to for when the going gets tough.
  • USC
    pjhawks said:
    he chose Florida over ND previously so I say no ND.  He already said he wouldn't do Michigan.  I can't see him doing Florida State. he's pretty much a coaching whore and leaves a trail of indiscretions behind whenever he leaves so that fits with USC.
    Last sentence made me lol.
  • OTHER
    For comedy sake, I hope its Dallas. If his medical conditions have cleared up. again. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    He's a fucking thug and should be banned by the NCAA.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I would put Tennessee as a dark horse candidate.  They will give him property rights to the entire state if necessary.  And with the advent of loopholes that will be created by NCAA player subsidy, it will be easier then ever to cloak millions of dollars to players.  
  • USC
    Shit! I forgot about the Dallas rumors. He would fit right in there.
  • FSU
    Not going to be USC coach.
    (Big 'bird' to all you USC haters.  Keep on hating.)  :lol: 

Plaschke wrote a good piece on why he feels they cannot/will not hire Urban the gas can....and I think it is spot on.

So many of my buddies (fellow graduates) are going crazy at the prospect of Urban being the head coach.
    I, unlike them, am not.  The dude is a guarantee for trouble.  There are other coaches out there that are really good where you don't know going into the hire that they will leave in a cloud of shit.
    We have had enough wacky hires.  Hire someone w/o ties to the program.  Hire someone who makes sense and has shown they can be a good head coach.
    Pay whatever they want for assistant coaches and recruiters.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    edited November 2019
    OTHER
    NY Jets

then Notre Dame for 2022 season
    If he's smart, he'll stay off the sidelines. That cyst seems to be bothersome during times of stress and extreme emotions. Coaching a football team is that many times over. I really think if he goes back to coaching that he'll wind up keeling over on the field.

Plaschke wrote a good piece on why he feels they cannot/will not hire Urban the gas can....and I think it is spot on.

So many of my buddies (fellow graduates) are going crazy at the prospect of Urban being the head coach.
    I, unlike them, am not.  The dude is a guarantee for trouble.  There are other coaches out there that are really good where you don't know going into the hire that they will leave in a cloud of shit.
    We have had enough wacky hires.  Hire someone w/o ties to the program.  Hire someone who makes sense and has shown they can be a good head coach.

Good take and I agree.

When reporters star talking about college players jumping from one team to another and bring up coaches he always gets thrown in that convo.
  • FSU
    So an update....one of the fuckheads reporting on USC football over the years (he is kind of a joke to some of us, although there are times he has inside scoops) let out that Bohn is waffling on his agreement to be the AD @ USC due to the fact that he was told after he made the agreement that in no way could he hire Urban Meyer.
    A generally more reliable source reported after this leak that it was untrue...that the Bohn move is still a go and will be announced this week, but he did not share on if there was/was not a Deep Six on Project Urban.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,890

your boy pete left in a cloud. :no_mouth:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    USC, it will happen.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• FSU
    Wobbie said:

your boy pete left in a cloud. :no_mouth:
    I will forever love The Pete.  No comparison to Urban and Pete as far as being great men.
    Pete was done in by greedy parents of Reggie Bush and a giant asshole of an AD.
    A long list of things that The Pete did for the community that were really very special.

• dankind said:
    He's a fucking thug and should be banned by the NCAA.