Philadelphia Spectrum Night 3

As PJ Radio and many other Pearl Jam related outlets are celebrating the 10th anniversary of the now legendary Spectrum 4-Night closing run, Live On 4 Legs released an episode today featuring the unique and eclectic Night 3. We’ve been waiting on this one for a year mainly thanks to a thread from the boards from last year when we did Night 4. Majority of people seem to think Night 3 was the best of the bunch so we saved it and are giving it the due diligence it deserves a full decade later. Listen below, find us on Apple, Spotify or any of the other popular podcast outlets:

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• logan5ivelogan5ive Posts: 470
    The energy at night 3 was incredible. Great 2nd encore.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024 - Seattle I & II
    [80]
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Probably the loudest I have ever heard In Hiding sung. The audience took it over, wish it translated to the boot leg better.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    lots of busts out this night from the first Hold On, to 3 songs that had been on ice over 125+ shows.  I know they went even deeper on halloween with debuts and 2 tracks that had not been played in 9 and 15 years respectively, but man, this set from 10.30 is pretty great and they played it damn well too.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    I thought this show was better than night four.  The crowd at night 3 was insane!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Probably the loudest I have ever heard In Hiding sung. The audience took it over, wish it translated to the boot leg better.
    You’re right the boot didn’t do the crowd justice for some of the big stuff. But as good as this version was, Vic Theater is never getting topped. That’s the best version of that song there will ever be.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Probably the loudest I have ever heard In Hiding sung. The audience took it over, wish it translated to the boot leg better.
    You’re right the boot didn’t do the crowd justice for some of the big stuff. But as good as this version was, Vic Theater is never getting topped. That’s the best version of that song there will ever be.
    Disagree 1000%. There were so many other better versions from the 98 tour. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    Hold On was was played so perfectly it’s hard to believe it wasn’t an old classic. Then In Hiding is just thunderous. Great show, listen to it al the time. Wasn’t there but I’d vote it the best of the four nights. Night 4 had a wild set, but the band just nailed night 3.
  • I was at nights 3 and 4, and 3 was definitely the better show and crowd. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    I was at all 4 of these in roughly the same seats (10th row center) with 4 different +1s. This was about my 50 somethingth PJ show. Night 3 was better "show" IMO. The rarities are great, but super loose...Devo was once in a lifetime tho.

I had a friend from work with me at night 3, he had never been to a Pearl Jam show. He says its the best concert hes ever seen.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    pretty great In Hiding's in 1998 and 2000 as well as 2005 and 06.

Crowd is always going to sound better at a small venue for a song like that where it is majority tenclub attending, whereas flyby fans can sing the crap out of betterman, jeremy, etc at a big arena.

The main thing is, play In Hiding more...
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    fantastic
    danny d
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,955
    Great boot.  Made 3 of 4 that week and I wish this was one of them.  Cheers to those on the boot... you sound fantastic!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore