Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    Iowa is LONG overdue for a show... Anywhere in Iowa  =)
    I don;t know, Moline is basically Iowa ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dr122931dr122931 Posts: 458
    edited December 2019
    Would it be safe to assume a jazz fest?  The timing (last weekend of April/first week of May) make it seem likely.  They always announce in December.  This would help substantiate the texas rumor. 
    PJ - Please please play houston.  The Toyota center has lots of openings around jazz fest
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • Options
    WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    My friend says red rocks rumors???????
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,942
    edited December 2019
    WSUFreak said:
    Would love Red Rocks, but the temps are still all over the place in spring..Doubt they would play there April/May.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    WSUFreak said:
    Would be awesome for those that get to attend, but tickets odds would be a nightmare for this one. 
  • Options
    I could pretty much bet on a middle of January announcement, just like 2016. They had shows in April and May in US
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    Moon graphic. Friday the 13th announcement? 

@dimitrispearljam
    what moon graphic?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    dr122931 said:
    Would it be safe to assume a jazz fest show? I’m a Louisiana native and   I hate festivals.  But the timing (last weekend of April/first week of May) make it seem likely.  They always announce in December.  This would help substantiate the texas rumor. 
    PJ - Please please play houston.  The Toyota center has lots of openings around jazz fest
    Probably not safe to assume but definitely possible. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dr122931 said:
    Would it be safe to assume a jazz fest show? I’m a Louisiana native and   I hate festivals.  But the timing (last weekend of April/first week of May) make it seem likely.  They always announce in December.  This would help substantiate the texas rumor. 
    I mean its got to be, right? They last played here 4 years ago on the 2016 tour and they seem to have a good MO with not only the promoters but Steve Gleason who introduces them Everytime in nola
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    WSUFreak said:
    Dimi shot down both red rocks and gorge. Not happening
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643
    really hope there are some texas shows.  jumping on another plane after booking a trip for budapest in july may be a tough sell for the wifey.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,084
    edited December 2019
    If they announce this week, then the tour might start sometime in March or April.  
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    UseUrIllusionsUseUrIllusions Posts: 537
    edited December 2019
    maybe we get a new single on the 12th day? 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    maybe we get a new single on the 12th day? 
    the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th singles off the "forthcoming album". :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    JojoRice said:
    If they announce this week, then the tour might start sometime in March or April.  
    This has all blown up relatively quickly, maybe an indication that an announcement is coming sooner rather than later?? 
  • Options
    For all of those hoping for Texas shows, heres what I found with the MINOR digging ive done. 

Jazzfest is the last weekend of April, first weekend of may. Pearl Jam played the first weekend both times they have played. 

This years first weekend is April 23rd to the 26.

the Who are RUMORED to be appearing at Jazzfest based on the way the following dates line up:

Monday, April 27th, the WHO plays a made up show in Dallas. April 30th they play a made up show in Houston. Etc etc. 

Do we think maybe PJ might play before or after those dates? All dates around those times are open as far as we know.

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,084
    @dimitrispearljam how many North America shows will you be coming to? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    rivrenrivren Posts: 23
    JimmyV said:
    "Pearl Jam" just popped up in my inbox and for a split second I thought, "Here we go!" Nope, ad for Nugs.net. 
    Same👊
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    With a couple major US holidays right around the corner and a lot of people on vacation, I'd be surprised if they had a pre-sale and regular sale right in the middle of that time. Think mid January.  They could announce the shows in February and have no problem with sales in most markets. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    We are getting closer....
    I can’t imagine what your credit card bill is going to look like.  
    Would be worse if we would live in Europe as most there seem to have been able to secure tickets for the shows they applied for. For US/Canada tours, you're lucky if you get one even if you apply for five. 
    Yeah, I noticed that the GA odds didn't seem to move off 99%.  Is that typical for the European dates?  I know that our arenas are set up differently but I was surprised to see that.  I've had really good luck with the lotteries but I've never got more than two shows.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,643
    GA in europe was for entire floor.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    For all of those hoping for Texas shows, heres what I found with the MINOR digging ive done. 

Jazzfest is the last weekend of April, first weekend of may. Pearl Jam played the first weekend both times they have played. 

This years first weekend is April 23rd to the 26.

the Who are RUMORED to be appearing at Jazzfest based on the way the following dates line up:

Monday, April 27th, the WHO plays a made up show in Dallas. April 30th they play a made up show in Houston. Etc etc. 

Do we think maybe PJ might play before or after those dates? All dates around those times are open as far as we know.

Good job!
  • Options
    I hope not, I'd much prefer to see them on their own if I'm going to have to fork out the money. 

I've lived in Texas my entire life and I believe since 2009 the only time they played in Texas outside of the ACL Fest was 2013? That would be in October if they chose to play that again. I feel like before 09 there was a fairly large gap of no Texas shows. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    Moon graphic. Friday the 13th announcement? 

@dimitrispearljam
    what moon graphic?

@cincybearcat
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,941
    With a couple major US holidays right around the corner and a lot of people on vacation, I'd be surprised if they had a pre-sale and regular sale right in the middle of that time. Think mid January.  They could announce the shows in February and have no problem with sales in most markets. 
    This makes a lot of sense. And I think Dimi's "stay tuned" post might have gotten people (myself included) a little over excited.  An early January announcement for a tour starting in April is more than enough time.  Some arenas would be clashing with NBA/NHL playoffs, but they've done it before.  
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Where's the announcement? I'm impatient.
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 944
    edited December 2019
    I hope not, I'd much prefer to see them on their own if I'm going to have to fork out the money. 

I've lived in Texas my entire life and I believe since 2009 the only time they played in Texas outside of the ACL Fest was 2013? 
    Not implying they would open for the Who at all. It goes far beyond that as far as touring logistics are concerned.

I was just trying to imply that those venues would be set up for concerts with no other events for the rest of the week. 

Do I think its going to happen? Hopefully. Im a Nola native, so if Jazzfest is what they give me, Jazzfest is what ill take and this is lining up too perfectly. But I also have family in Houston and Dallas. My reality is telling me it will probably be one show in Texas somewhere, I just hope not El Paso to prove a point (im looking at you RATM)

Wouldn’t it make for some cool mash-ups if Pearl Jam followed The Who around Texas though?

and yes I believe they played AA in Dallas in 2013 after Voodoo fest in Nola 
  • Options
    HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 96
    edited December 2019
    Wishful thinking - hopefully album announcement before the end of year with new US tour mid January.  
    Post edited by HoldeIN on
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    GA in europe was for entire floor.
    Yes, I know.  It was just interesting to see that you were basically guaranteed to get tickets to a show if you were willing to do GA.  You could even enter seated for your first option and have GA as a back up.  Given, I didn't check the odds right before the drawing so this may have changed.  But for the US dates I haven't had that kind of assurances.  But maybe that has more to do with being in the northeast.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)