Options

2020 United States & Canada Tour Rumors

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,896

This was posted overnight via Instagram. Hopefully it has something to do with an potential announcement or news coming via the newsletter today! 

Just means the band is on life support. Close to the end.....
    I believe this is when we say: Classic Buck!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    NDJeff7 said:
    PeterED said:
    duffmann said:
    Pretty new to the Ten Club unfortunately, so I have a (stupid?) question.  If I were to put in for only one show, what gives me a better chance at tickets...  GS or Reserved as my first choice?

It depends on the odds, but go with reserved as your first choice for a better chance...
    Really? Why? There are far few reserved seats for 10C than GA.

The 10C gets more reserved seats for U.S. arenas than for Europe.  The 10C GA area is smaller than the Euro GA area as well, typically.   There is a ton of demand for GA, and a ton of demand in the US, so GA odds usually go way down first. 

My one and only experience with the 10C lottery came with the Oakland show in 2013. I put reserved as my first choice, GA second. The show was scheduled for two days before Thanksgiving. Demand (the odds) for this show was not high, iirc. They denied my first choice and gave me GA. The only justification for this I could think of is they have an obligation to fill the GA section first. If the show is not high demand, they will fill GA first and then reserved. So, if you only want reserved, only put reserved. If you don't care and just want tickets, then put in for both.
    I had the same happen to me with the Raleigh show in 2016, so I learned that lesson. I figured that since my reserved odds were 99% that I would get those, but they do in fact always fill GA first.
    If I'm only going to 1 city, i would put reserved 1st (since that's what I prefer) and GA 2nd (being in the building is better than nothing). But I'll have one of my 14 year olds with me this year, so GA is not something I want to deal with.  I may be better off choosing reserved and nothing else. I could always try and trade with someone that has reserved (and maybe a similar 10C #). Will have to wait and see what the odds are.    

I honestly don't cared what I get (reserved, GA).  Being my first time using the 10C lotto system, I'm trying to determine what gives me the best chance at getting in the building.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

This was posted overnight via Instagram. Hopefully it has something to do with an potential announcement or news coming via the newsletter today! 

Good morning Debbie Downer
    Band trolls us and I troll back 😂 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,480
    To Dimi and everyone thats been postin, drinking, and smokin on here, I am a long time lurker but very rare poster and I just wanted to personally Thank everyone on this thread ... I have been following since about page 88, and it has been the best daily entertainment for me ... if today or monday really is the day thanks for all the information ... because of you guys, I have random rooms already booked for Toronto, Nashville, St Louis, Denver, Las Vegas, and Phoenix just waiting to see how this plays out !!! 

Thanks again from The C'Bus 
    David
    (really loving the potential Shots/NW fall rumors !!!) 
    I have enjoyed spending (wasting?) time here while waiting...esp since I have been laid off from one job and am waiting for word on another. I know that once dates are out the fun in the thread disappears and it gets stressful. "I need this, I want this, I can't find that...." 
    And the NEVER ENDING questions...."what should I pick?"  
    I do solemnly swear NOT to go through long descriptions of how to use the lottery for the rookies...just read the FAQ!
    Thanks to this group effort I have hotels booked to cover several possible dates in Oak, LA, Phx area (no problem getting a room in vegas just in case)
    Thanks everyone, 
    Eden
  • Options

You just created the next Alt Nation headline. Nice work!
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,931
    NDJeff7 said:
    PeterED said:
    duffmann said:
    Pretty new to the Ten Club unfortunately, so I have a (stupid?) question.  If I were to put in for only one show, what gives me a better chance at tickets...  GS or Reserved as my first choice?

It depends on the odds, but go with reserved as your first choice for a better chance...

The 10C gets more reserved seats for U.S. arenas than for Europe.  The 10C GA area is smaller than the Euro GA area as well, typically.   There is a ton of demand for GA, and a ton of demand in the US, so GA odds usually go way down first. 

My one and only experience with the 10C lottery came with the Oakland show in 2013. I put reserved as my first choice, GA second. The show was scheduled for two days before Thanksgiving. Demand (the odds) for this show was not high, iirc. They denied my first choice and gave me GA. The only justification for this I could think of is they have an obligation to fill the GA section first. If the show is not high demand, they will fill GA first and then reserved. So, if you only want reserved, only put reserved. If you don't care and just want tickets, then put in for both.
    I had the same happen to me with the Raleigh show in 2016, so I learned that lesson. I figured that since my reserved odds were 99% that I would get those, but they do in fact always fill GA first.
    If I'm only going to 1 city, i would put reserved 1st (since that's what I prefer) and GA 2nd (being in the building is better than nothing). But I'll have one of my 14 year olds with me this year, so GA is not something I want to deal with.  I may be better off choosing reserved and nothing else. I could always try and trade with someone that has reserved (and maybe a similar 10C #). Will have to wait and see what the odds are.    

I honestly don't cared what I get (reserved, GA).  Being my first time using the 10C lotto system, I'm trying to determine what gives me the best chance at getting in the building.
    If you're only gong for 1 city, then I would put both.  Obviously, look at the odds first and choose accordingly.  
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 647
    Who’s starting the 2021 thread?? 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,896
    Bunting10 said:
    Who’s starting the 2021 thread?? 
    The spring one? The summer one? The fall one?

Maybe we should let Dimi start one of them some time? Nah, fuck it! :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    Single or Album announcement today

I still think Tour is coming 1/13 and not today 
    I think both are coming on Monday.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,181
    NDJeff7 said:
    PeterED said:
    duffmann said:

Reserved seats as close to California that is convenient for you.

This will be, assuming that spring NA tour is real, the toughest east coast ticket of the millennium. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    Serendipitously, this is a "work" from home day for me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    JimmyV said:
    +1 haha 
  • Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 522

I think it means Alive maybe played in concert this year!  Yay deep cuts!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,480
    And today is the Wolf Moon.....hmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    tschav said:
    LHS representing? ‘98 here.
    Born and raised in Libertyville, went to Carmel though...
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    JimmyV said:

That makes the most sense. I think you'll get a "keep your memberships current" reminder in the newsletter at most, followed by a tour/album announcement on Monday. Any SiriusXM or SNL announcements will be made later, most likely by those respective companies so the tour/album doesn't overshadow their news. Plus Fridays aren't necessarily considered the optimal day to make big announcements.   
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    JimmyV said:
    Me too =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,066
    4 hours until the newsletter.  Hopefully album and tour info or teaser!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    JojoRice said:

A single release from the album would be great.  Not sure if we'll get it, but let's hope.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,004
    JimmyV said:

That makes the most sense. I think you'll get a "keep your memberships current" reminder in the newsletter at most, followed by a tour/album announcement on Monday. Any SiriusXM or SNL announcements will be made later, most likely by those respective companies so the tour/album doesn't overshadow their news. Plus Fridays aren't necessarily considered the optimal day to make big announcements.   
    I think this is right.
  • Options
    JM276219JM276219 Chicago Burbs Posts: 60
    Booked a St. Louis hotel.  Hoping to take our 10 yrd old to his first show.....
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    Dancing With Clairvoyance!!!!!!!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    bbiggs said:
    JojoRice said:

A single release from the album would be great.  Not sure if we'll get it, but let's hope.

New cut.....Dancing With Clairvoyance!!!!!!!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    kcuf mekcuf me Posts: 55
    Was it played on WMMR?
  • Options
    kcuf me said:
    Was it played on WMMR?
    Not yet, just leaked.....
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,593
    duffmann said:
    kcuf me said:
    Was it played on WMMR?
    The title or the song itself?
  • Options
    duffmann said:
    kcuf me said:
    Was it played on WMMR?
    The title or the song itself?
    Title, no sound.... Lawyers;)
  • Options
    duffmann said:
    bbiggs said:
    JojoRice said:

New cut.....Dancing With Clairvoyance!!!!!!!
    Well if this is a actual song title, I like it! I remember when Mind Your Manners was coming out. I digged the tune, but the title? Mind Your Manners? Sounds like something Mary Poppins would say. "Mind your manners, children!" 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,013
    IDK about that title. Hopefully the song is great.