2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Another little man..
    https://youtu.be/_IGHFf08hCc
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
    23scidoo said:
    Another little man..
    I get being disgusted.  He should be.  Booker was a shell of himself after that shot to the nose.  He never played the same since.

The Suns had more of a collapse than the Bucks rising to the occasion.  Bucks are the last team I thought would win this year.  Congrats to Giannis and Middleton though.  They did win by grit.  Good for them.

I'm ready for next year now.
    23scidoo said:
    Another little man..
    I get being disgusted.  He should be.  Booker was a shell of himself after that shot to the nose.  He never played the same since.

The Suns had more of a collapse than the Bucks rising to the occasion.  Bucks are the last team I thought would win this year.  Congrats to Giannis and Middleton though.  They did win by grit.  Good for them.

Right, Middleton needs congratulations too..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    Another little man..

Right, Middleton needs congratulations too..
    You know who else I am happy for?  Lopez.  Dude gives his heart every night.  Good for him too.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Lakers got the wrong damn Wizard!

I have been screaming for Bradley Beal on the Lakers but we got Westbrook instead.  Let's see how this works out.

I have been screaming for Bradley Beal on the Lakers but we got Westbrook instead.  Let's see how this works out.
    Suckers!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

Suckers!!
    Maybe not.  You have LBJ on that team and he runs the show so let's see how it goes.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,395
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    cutz said:

Precious Achiuwa and Goran Dragic
  • NBA starts October 19th!

Kyrie, the headache, is not going to be playing.

WTF did Durant want to play w him again?

Go Lakers, hope for Zion to be healthy , Benain Simmons to continue to not have a J, Warriors have a semblance of previous years, Wishing Bradley Beal goes to a contender.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    NBA starts October 19th!

hope for Zion to be healthy , 

Already announced he will miss 2-3 weeks with a foot injury. 

At what point can everybody finally admit that Ja > Zion?
  • Jumb0 said:
    NBA starts October 19th!

Again?

Zion when healthy is 10x better than Ja.  It’s not even close.

Now if he can just stay healthy…
  • Opening tip off and nadda?

Russel Westbrook was a -23 on the box score...  Jeezus...
    Bench killed the Lakers last night.

Giannis is still angry w something to prove.  Good for him.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    Westbrook and Lebron don't look like they can coexist successfully. Both need the ball in their hands.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier said:
    Westbrook and Lebron don't look like they can coexist successfully. Both need the ball in their hands.
    That was evident during pre season.  westbrook should ball handle drive and dump every time.  That might work. or pick and roll with LBJ and let him secondary distribute.

Hell I don't know.  If Brooklyn can figure it out I sure hope the Lakers can.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Poncier said:
    That was evident during pre season.  westbrook should ball handle drive and dump every time.  That might work. or pick and roll with LBJ and let him secondary distribute.

Brooklyn figured it out? What did I miss?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Jumb0 said:
    NBA starts October 19th!

Again?

But availability is a huge part of it
  • Poncier said:

Kyrie said that Harden is to handle the ball.  That and they figured out how to play last year with a revolving line up.  Surely you saw that last year?  They are still favored to win the east this year.

Come on now...
  • Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    NBA starts October 19th!

Again?

But availability is a huge part of it
    Did you see him this year?  A bit pudgier than last year.

I had said when he was drafted that he would last 5 years in the league until his body let him down.  I still hope that I am wrong.
    Poncier said:

Kyrie said that Harden is to handle the ball.  That and they figured out how to play last year with a revolving line up.  Surely you saw that last year?  They are still favored to win the east this year.

Come on now...
    They were a super team expected to waltz to the Finals. Instead they played about 10 games together during the regular season, finished behind the Sixers, and then lost in the second round. I think I'd need to see more success than that to say they've figured it out...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited October 2021
    Poncier said:

Come on now...
    They were a super team expected to waltz to the Finals. Instead they played about 10 games together during the regular season, finished behind the Sixers, and then lost in the second round. I think I'd need to see more success than that to say they've figured it out...
    I agree.  just like the Sixers...

EDIT: The Nets played much better than the Sixers IMO during the playoffs.  BOTH teams should have gone further.  I think the Nets are built better and run better.

We will see since Vegas agrees w me too.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
    Poncier said:

Come on now...

EDIT: The Nets played much better than the Sixers IMO during the playoffs.  BOTH teams should have gone further.  I think the Nets are built better and run better.

Not much of a stretch to say the Nets, with three potential hall of famers, are built better than the Sixers...especially with what the Sixers are dealing with right now.

Happy to have basketball back at least.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Poncier said:

Come on now...

Not much of a stretch to say the Nets, with three potential hall of famers, are built better than the Sixers...especially with what the Sixers are dealing with right now.

Speaking of the Sixers.  How is Philly treating Benamin in the sports pages there?  I'm sure it can't be good?
    Poncier said:

Come on now...

Speaking of the Sixers.  How is Philly treating Benamin in the sports pages there?  I'm sure it can't be good?
    Literally nobody calls him Benamin except for one washed up reporter. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Poncier said:

Come on now...

Literally nobody calls him Benamin except for one washed up reporter. lol
    I see it tweeted a lot now.  I love it actually.  Heard it mentioned here on NY sports radio too and he wasn't a reporter.

But I read the Sixers thread and am all caught up now.  Thanks for your take.