2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I guess this trade worked out well for the LAL.

We all know what happened to Brown. Javaris Crittenton is in Prison now for Murder. Aaron Mckie never played a game for Memphis. Marc Gasol worked out. I have no clue who Memphis Drafted with those  picks.

• Memphis got the other Gasol, the only bright spot of that trade.

I forgot that they drafted Love and traded him...
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    The other 2 picks were Donte Green in 2008 and Greivis Vasquez in 2010. Donte Green was traded on draft day to Houston in the trade that sent Nic Batum to Portland.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited February 2021
    Zion broke the rim last night in Indianapolis :lol:

also reached 1000 career points in only 44 games.  The quickest since rookie Shaq. Fitting because he plays a 90s style of basketball (and Shaq also broke rims)
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Zion broke the rim last night in Indianapolis :lol:

also reached 1000 career points in only 44 games.  The quickest since rookie Shaq. Fitting because he plays a 90s style of basketball (and Shaq also broke rims)
    Did u watch him “break” the rim?  Pfffft.

When Shaquille or Dawkins broke it they took it home w them.  I miss those days or shattered backboards and game locks falling down.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Pap said:
    Maybe I'm getting older but most of those are average plays.  That Rudy Gay 3pt from way out was the nicest one on there.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Should we forget the Knicks we knew??
    they play defence, they have coach and they get Rose..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • 23scidoo said:
    Rose makes them worse.  I really don't know why people actually think he is a factor for anything.

Yes, forget the old Knicks.  This team is substantially better than anything they have had in a few years and there isn't, amazingly enough, drama that is following them.  No team bickering, no Dolan, no Jackson.

It's amazing.

If they do manage to make it to the playoffs though expect an early exit.
    Thibodeau gets Rose in every team he coached.. he must know better than us..
    tempo_n_groove said:
    23scidoo said:
    Rose makes them worse.  I really don't know why people actually think he is a factor for anything.

Yes, forget the old Knicks.  This team is substantially better than anything they have had in a few years and there isn't, amazingly enough, drama that is following them.  No team bickering, no Dolan, no Jackson.

It's amazing.

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    ^ Pathetic...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    23scidoo said:
    Well nobody has ever seen Butler and Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx in the same room...

This weekend we rock Portland
  • 23scidoo said:
    tempo_n_groove said:
    23scidoo said:

It's amazing.

And he's won soooo much with him, stop it.

Rose will have a few flashes of brilliance and no more.

Can you recall what benefit Rose has brought to any team within the last 5 years?  You can google it if you want.  I can't believe someone is defending Rose this late in his career...
    23scidoo said:
    tempo_n_groove said:
    23scidoo said:

It's amazing.

Can you recall what benefit Rose has brought to any team within the last 5 years?  You can google it if you want.  I can't believe someone is defending Rose this late in his career...
    I'm not defending him, i just can't see the future, like you..lol
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    tempo_n_groove said:
    23scidoo said:

It's amazing.

If you can't go by his past body of work and go by the eye test then I don't know to tell you.
  • So post bubble and Miami is having a rough go of things.

Sgt Lebron and LT Davis seem to be holding together very well.

Anybody think that the bubble helped players from distractions and some played above their normal skill level?
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    tempo_n_groove said:
    23scidoo said:

It's amazing.

If you can't go by his past body of work and go by the eye test then I don't know to tell you.
    We'll see @tempo..if not the fat lady sings, nothing is over..lol
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    tempo_n_groove said:
    23scidoo said:

It's amazing.

Maybe Grant Hill can make a comeback too?

How about Bo Jackson?
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:
    tempo_n_groove said:
    23scidoo said:

It's amazing.

Maybe Grant Hill can make a comeback too?

How about Bo Jackson?

Bob McAdoo??

EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    So post bubble and Miami is having a rough go of things.

Sgt Lebron and LT Davis seem to be holding together very well.

Anybody think that the bubble helped players from distractions and some played above their normal skill level?
    I think the bubble helped limit the distractions big time. That could lead to better focus and play on the court. I don't necessarily think that let players play above their skill level though. Rather, I think it helped some show what they could do when they get the most out of their abilities.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Hey sports fans:

Who is going to finish second, behind Joel Hans Embiid, in the MVP race this year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Hey sports fans:

Who is going to finish second, behind Joel Hans Embiid, in the MVP race this year?
    Depends. If Dallas can turn things around and become a playoff team, Jojo will be looking up at Doncic collecting the MVP trophy.
    If not, and Embiid can ease up on the chocolate cream pie, Chik-Fil-A, Nestle Quik and Mountain Dew diet and stay on the court all season, he has a good shot.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Hey sports fans:

Depends. If Dallas can turn things around and become a playoff team, Jojo will be looking up at Doncic collecting the MVP trophy.
    If not, and Embiid can ease up on the chocolate cream pie, Chik-Fil-A, Nestle Quik and Mountain Dew diet and stay on the court all season, he has a good shot.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Hey sports fans:

Jokic??
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:
    Hey sports fans:

Jokic??
    At this point, he gets my second place vote. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:
    Hey sports fans:

Jokic??
    No, Jojo(embiid) will be looking up at Doncic.

Doncic has a pretty damn good year going on.  Harden does too when it comes to all 3 stats.

Embiid is a clear favorite as of right now.
    23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:
    Hey sports fans:

Jokic??

Doncic has a pretty damn good year going on.  Harden does too when it comes to all 3 stats.

Luca is amazing but the Mavs stink right now. 11-14. Gonna have to get a lot better quickly for him to have a shot
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • 23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:
    Hey sports fans:

Jokic??

Luca is amazing but the Mavs stink right now. 11-14. Gonna have to get a lot better quickly for him to have a shot
    Bradley Beal is playing out his rear but he is their only choice for scoring, plus the Wizards stink too.

Embiid has been a front runner for a few weeks now.  I hope he holds up this pace as I like him.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Has to be Embiid but ESPN may play up the Lebron for MVP narrative