2023/2024 NBA Season October 18th Opening Tip off! Pg 48

tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,732
edited October 2023 in All Encompassing Trip
2021 season start was bad for Zion.  What will it be like for him this year?

OK let's kick off this years NBA season with a horrible story...

Zion out 6-8 weeks with knee surgery...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27897494/zion-williamson-undergoes-knee-surgery-6-8-weeks
2022-23 ends page 87
2023-24 begins 87
Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
Tagged:

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27897494/zion-williamson-undergoes-knee-surgery-6-8-weeks
    Is gonna cost him the Rookie award you think??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    I SEE Bucks on east and Clippers to the west..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    I can see that.  I'm not counting out the Lakers though.  Don't sleep on the Nuggets either.  Watch them this year.

Steph can't do it all by himself so they are a team limping in to the playoffs.

I so wish Bradley Beal would become a Laker...  Do some more trading Lakers!

Zion will not win the ROY unless they pull a Philly and sit him for the whole year.  Remember I said this.  He lasts 5 years in the league at best.  That knee won't hold up... Sad too cause he is a beast.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103

chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    23scidoo said:

Is gonna cost him the Rookie award you think??
    Most likely, he'll miss about 25 games, he'd have to be utterly dominant when he comes back and its likely they'll ease him back so his first several games will be short minutes. So almost like a half season lost.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Pelicans werent winning anything this year so its more of a loss for the fans.  He had an unbelievable preseason tho.  Glad the injury isnt a long term concern.  The Pels have the best training/medical staff in the league so he should be good. 
  • Pelicans werent winning anything this year so its more of a loss for the fans.  He had an unbelievable preseason tho.  Glad the injury isnt a long term concern.  The Pels have the best training/medical staff in the league so he should be good. 
    Third knee injury in 3 years...
    23scidoo said:
    I can see that.  I'm not counting out the Lakers though.  Don't sleep on the Nuggets either.  Watch them this year.

Steph can't do it all by himself so they are a team limping in to the playoffs.

I so wish Bradley Beal would become a Laker...  Do some more trading Lakers!

Zion will not win the ROY unless they pull a Philly and sit him for the whole year.  Remember I said this.  He lasts 5 years in the league at best.  That knee won't hold up... Sad too cause he is a beast.
    I can see LA battle on West finals..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Sixers are good. Everyone else sucks. Quote that! Haha. Fuck those 4 bounces.

Sadly, I have a feeling Zion's weight will be an issue.  Hope I'm wrong.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:

He is 38lbs heavier than LeBron and Bron is an amazing specimen of an athlete.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Didn't see the game last night but after watching a 90 second clip of highlights, you would've thought the Lakers won by 30. Also, the stats from the lakers bench, yikes.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

Lakers were without their glue guy Rondo. :lol:
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,099
    JK_Livin said:

Yeah, I think the weight might be an issue too. Wonder if the Pelicans, behind closed doors, might lobby for him to drop 25 pounds or so. With as explosive as he is, those extra pounds are going to wreak havoc on his knees.
  • Dallas game tonight should be a must watch!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,168
    do people really think the Clippers are winning it all? come one people it's the Clippers. everyone knows something will go wrong. it's inevitable. 
  • pjhawks said:
    do people really think the Clippers are winning it all? come one people it's the Clippers. everyone knows something will go wrong. it's inevitable. 
    The league is wide open right now with all the free agency moves and injuries.

I think they are in the running but 76ers and Bucks will be good too.  

Toss up for me.  I'm not counting out Dallas either.
    Dallas game tonight should be a must watch!
    Washington vs Dallas is a must watch when you have games like Bos vs Philly and Den vs Por?

A game featuring a sure fire lottery team vs a team that might be an 8 seed if all comes together? 
    pjhawks said:
     I'm not counting out Dallas either.
    Come on, they have no shot at the title, they'll be fortunate to make the playoffs in the west then if they do they'll get steamrolled in round 1.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 8,956
    Clippers if healthy, win it all

kawhi putting himself in even more rarified air... winning his 3rd finals mvp, on 3 different teams

fuck Lebron and his blinders 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Pelicans werent winning anything this year so its more of a loss for the fans.  He had an unbelievable preseason tho.  Glad the injury isnt a long term concern.  The Pels have the best training/medical staff in the league so he should be good. 
    None of them were ACL related tho. Sprains and now a tear that can totally heal.  I was impressed by how deep NOLA is.  They’ll be a force in two years. 
  • Poncier said:
    Washington vs Dallas is a must watch when you have games like Bos vs Philly and Den vs Por?

A game featuring a sure fire lottery team vs a team that might be an 8 seed if all comes together? 
    Poncier said:

Dallas, yes.  Doncic and Porzingas should be a fun duo to watch.  Don't hate.  That Doncic is good, he can ball.
  • Pelicans werent winning anything this year so its more of a loss for the fans.  He had an unbelievable preseason tho.  Glad the injury isnt a long term concern.  The Pels have the best training/medical staff in the league so he should be good. 
    None of them were ACL related tho. Sprains and now a tear that can totally heal.  I was impressed by how deep NOLA is.  They’ll be a force in two years. 
    Where there is smoke there is fire, no?
    Poncier said:

Poncier said:

Dallas, yes.  Doncic and Porzingas should be a fun duo to watch.  Don't hate.  That Doncic is good, he can ball.
    Right, but they have nothing beyond those 2, and Porzingis' health is always a question. To mention them in championship contention is silly.
  • Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

Poncier said:

Right, but they have nothing beyond those 2, and Porzingis' health is always a question. To mention them in championship contention is silly.
    I think it's wide open.  Everyone has a chance this year, lol.

Who's the lottery team in Was/Dallas?  They both will make the playoffs this year.  
  • Is anyone giving the Rockets a shot?  Can Westbrook play w Harden?

How will that play out?

I think they have a great reg season and a fast exit in the playoffs.
    lebron flopping already
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Is anyone giving the Rockets a shot?  Can Westbrook play w Harden?

How will that play out?

no
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Is anyone giving the Rockets a shot?  Can Westbrook play w Harden?

How will that play out?

no
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Love it!
  • JK_Livin said:
    lebron flopping already
    Lebron will be coasting all year until the playoffs.  He will be saving his body for that.