Options

I just picked up _____ on cassette!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,721
I didn't find a thread like this using the search so I hope it's not copying another thread!

This thread probably won't see much action- I mean, really, who buys cassette tapes, right?  But since they seem to have made a minor comeback and since there are actually some cassette-only releases, it might be fun to see what shows up here.

I just sent in an order for the "Transistor 2" compilation on American Laundromat Record CSD exclusive because it has an interesting set of songs (including Julianna Hatfield covering Elliott Smith's marvelous "Needle in the Hay".

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,793
    I'll play...$1.25 for all
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Score!  Very nice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Loujoe said:
    Nice, I played that Violent Femmes tape A LOT back in the day.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Loujoe said:
    Nice, I played that Violent Femmes tape A LOT back in the day.
    Here as well.  Great stuff.  I saw them fairly early on in this seedy dive of a club in San Jose, California.  They came on way late.  After about an hour of waiting in this cramped, steaming hot club, I was pretty sure I would be witness to a couple of murders that night.  I think they came on just in the nick of time- no one was killed.  But, oh, once they came on, they killed it!

• Options
    Saw vf at woodstock while I was wandering around they were playing Blister in the sun-very appropriate song for that weekend. Look forward to popping that one in.
    All these old tapes held up well so far.

I'd send you that vf tape if you want it medozk. After I listen a couple times and if it doesnt disintegrate!

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,942
    I got Taylor Swifts Lover and Ty Segalls First Taste a few weeks back. 
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    OMG Front 242!  This was a fun time for me with Techno turning into Industrial music and all of it's offspring.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Loujoe said:
    Saw vf at woodstock while I was wandering around they were playing Blister in the sun-very appropriate song for that weekend. Look forward to popping that one in.
    All these old tapes held up well so far.

I'd send you that vf tape if you want it medozk. After I listen a couple times and if it doesnt disintegrate!

Man, would love that. I’ll trade you a cassette I have. Need to take a pic of some I have and I’ll let you take your pick.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,284
    Loujoe said:
    You should get bonus points for Daydream Nation. That was a life-changing album for me.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ^^^new to me, so will give that one some special attention.

Then you can have it if you want.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,284
    Thanks for the offer, but I have nothing to play cassettes on. I’ll stick to my very well played OG vinyl copy 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

• Options
    got this sucker a few years ago, but dusted it off and pressed play today