Options

Neil Young & Pearl Jam - Mirror Ball Live Movie

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    Neil and PJ playing together again... if that were to happen... talk about something worth the wait!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Last exit? 2014BSB
    I think the PJNY ship sailed back in 2017, could be forever voyage.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Atmos mix sounds fucking awesome! Picking up more of PJs sound than ever before. I can also clearly hear Ed’s vocals on Song X. And not to be understated, JACK IRONS! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    The Atmos mix is awesome, great spacing of the players. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,875
    brianlux said:
    Neil and PJ playing together again... if that were to happen... talk about something worth the wait!

I hope a 2023 Bridge School Benefit happens. Neil Young does a set. Pearl Jam does a set. Also Neil Jam does a set too. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    demetrios said:
    brianlux said:

I hope a 2023 Bridge School Benefit happens. Neil Young does a set. Pearl Jam does a set. Also Neil Jam does a set too. 
    Don't leave out Tegan and Sara
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    Been a minute since I read those terrible to read liner notes, but to the best of my memory, Ed is only on peace and love. But I swear I hear him on the backing vocals on the chorus of a Act of Love. Anyone else her him or am I mishearing him.  
  • Options
    I thought he was on Act of Love...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 269
    I'm finally watching the Bridge '92 show.  We forget how cool and rare it was to get any acoustic PJ back in the day... let alone something professionally recorded!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    I hear him on Song X. Perhaps not significant enough for a credit in the notes. Ed helped write Peace & Love, so obvious credit. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    southp said:
    I'm finally watching the Bridge '92 show.  We forget how cool and rare it was to get any acoustic PJ back in the day... let alone something professionally recorded!
    Yah, I'm hoping once all these are out.. maybe someone rips the audio from the video, and makes FLAC's of all the bridge school sets in soundboard.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,796
    Tim Simmons said:
    Been a minute since I read those terrible to read liner notes, but to the best of my memory, Ed is only on peace and love. But I swear I hear him on the backing vocals on the chorus of a Act of Love. Anyone else her him or am I mishearing him.  

Also on I'm the Ocean
  • Options
    Zod said:
    southp said:
    Yah, I'm hoping once all these are out.. maybe someone rips the audio from the video, and makes FLAC's of all the bridge school sets in soundboard.

The source files from the streams are MP4. Will check tonight what the audio sources are. 

I wish Pearl Jam could release all their shoes in a wicked CD /DVD / vinyl box set. With money raised helping the Bridge School. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    southp said:

'92 & both '94 MP4 Raw video streamed files are 16Bit 48kHz Stereo AAC Lossy audio so it would be pointless to make Flac files out of these. 

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    demetrios said:
    brianlux said:

Perfect!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    southp said:

'92 & both '94 MP4 Raw video streamed files are 16Bit 48kHz Stereo AAC Lossy audio so it would be pointless to make Flac files out of these. 

True, but if you convert them to another lossy format like mp3, it just makes them worse, so you usually you convert the less common lossy format to a lossless format to prevent quality loss?
  • Options
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    southp said:

True, but if you convert them to another lossy format like mp3, it just makes them worse, so you usually you convert the less common lossy format to a lossless format to prevent quality loss?

Yep it makes it worse. Hope the 96 streams and on the audio quality is better.
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 744
    edited July 2023
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    southp said:

No. Lossy is forever lossy. Converting to a lossless format only makes for confusing mess. Simply keep the lossy .mp4 as an .mp4 or .m4a.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Mirror Ball! :)

• Options
    LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 201
    demetrios said:

Yes! Cheers to that!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,279
    demetrios said:

Yes! Cheers to that!
    Olé! :joy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvD0wGF0gP8
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    We need the reissue vinyl of Mirror Ball from Neil, stat!
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    demetrios said:
    We just hit 1991 with the release of ORS #5 box set. I suspect the next ORS box will have it and I would guess it will be out by the end of the year. But Neil will work to Neil's schedule and this probably change on some whim.
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    brianlux said:
    demetrios said:
    brianlux said:

Perfect!

***^^^ I can Feel this happening ^^^***
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,891
    edited August 2023
    demetrios said:
    I was lucky enough to buy a sealed OG vinyl of this at my local record store a few years ago. The owner of the store knows my taste and when he found it, he put it aside for me. I am actually listening to it right now.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,955
    Travelar said:
    demetrios said:
    We just hit 1991 with the release of ORS #5 box set. I suspect the next ORS box will have it and I would guess it will be out by the end of the year. But Neil will work to Neil's schedule and this probably change on some whim.
    His original Schedule was ORS 5 and 6 in the same year, but covid and plant backups pushed that. Hopefully 6 is still in the cards for this year, but if they are trying to get out Vol. 3 of the archives, I'm guessing 6 will be next year and hopefully with Mirrorball Live. 

While it won't be included I could see him releasing them pretty close if not the same day to move product to the PJ fanbase who like Neil too.

• Options

Next up Sleeps with Angels and then ... Mirror Ball!!! :)

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    demetrios said:

Next up Sleeps with Angels and then ... Mirror Ball!!! :)

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!! 🙏🙏🙏
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    But he already reissued that...