Steve Thomas Fenway 16 APs (extras) for sale on his site NOW

2»

Comments

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    It’s a nice print no matter what. Just an odd thing to decide to put on it / not sure I have ever seen another artist do it. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    edited October 2019
    I love the art and don't really care about the value.  I would've paid Steve double what he charged without hesitation.  

I think drakeheuer14 is just saying that since these are notated that they were not intended for sale, they won't appeal to everyone.

Shecky proved that point.

There are enough people who love the art and want the print that it will always be sought after, no matter what edition.
    Actually, the "no edition" notation - as distracting as it is -  will make this version even more collectible now to the geeks that have to have EVERY version of this poster.
    I happened upon Steve's facebook page right as he announced this recent release and likely could've scored one. But I passed since I already have the SE that I got from the 10C for $35. I couldn't see a reason to pay an extra $65. just for Steve's signature. I've always liked this classic poster for the art, not the supposed value.
    Post edited by shecky on
  • shecky said:
    I love the art and don't really care about the value.  I would've paid Steve double what he charged without hesitation.  

I think drakeheuer14 is just saying that since these are notated that they were not intended for sale, they won't appeal to everyone.

There are enough people who love the art and want the print that it will always be sought after, no matter what edition.
    Actually, the "no edition" notation - as distracting as it is -  will make this version even more collectible now to the geeks that have to have EVERY version of this poster.
    I happened upon Steve's facebook page right as he announced this recent release and likely could've scored one. But I passed since I already have the SE that I got from the 10C for $35. I couldn't see a reason to pay an extra $65. just for Steve's signature. I've always liked this classic poster for the art, not the supposed value.
    Nobody is collecting every version of this...   No it won't make it more valuable because it says No Edition... I passed on the variant because it was orange instead of red and didn't look as nice.
    shecky said:

Nobody is collecting every version of this...   No it won't make it more valuable because it says No Edition... I passed on the variant because it was orange instead of red and didn't look as nice.
    That's why there are chocolate and vanilla. I disagree with every one of your statements. :)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,955
    I’d say it’s worth more than an unsigned SE but less than a signed AP.  Most people will be confused by it and won’t be interested in paying too much of a premium for it. I agree that the scrawled No Edition almost detracts from it.  Plus while it’s a really cool poster it’s not a super expensive one in any of the editions. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• shecky said:
    shecky said:

That's why there are chocolate and vanilla. I disagree with every one of your statements. :)
    You'd be wrong as usual too.

Red>Orange  End of discussion
  • shecky said:
    shecky said:

I got the orange variant, and it didn't feel right.  I ended up trading it and getting the show version.  Now I have a no version, so I'll eventually trade the show version I guess.  I prefer signed art when possible (and numbered, but that's a whole different discussion with Pearl Jam).
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

shecky said:
    shecky said:

I got the orange variant, and it didn't feel right.  I ended up trading it and getting the show version.  Now I have a no version, so I'll eventually trade the show version I guess.  I prefer signed art when possible (and numbered, but that's a whole different discussion with Pearl Jam).
    I definitely prefer the orange version, but not enough to pay the $400.-$500. I'm happy with the SE.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,955
    shecky said:
    shecky said:
    shecky said:

I definitely prefer the orange version, but not enough to pay the $400.-$500. I'm happy with the SE.
    There’s on on eBay right now for $360.  Go get it!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• WesCWesC Posts: 92

Agreed.  I was surprised he only charged $100.  Regardless of the discussion on here, I think it's cool he wrote "No Edition" on it and signed it.  This particular print has special meaning to me and I feel fortunate to have one of six of these that he found on his shelf and decided to sell.  I don't care about the value of it as I would never sell this print.  
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    WesC said:

Agreed.  I was surprised he only charged $100.  Regardless of the discussion on here, I think it's cool he wrote "No Edition" on it and signed it.  This particular print has special meaning to me and I feel fortunate to have one of six of these that he found on his shelf and decided to sell.  I don't care about the value of it as I would never sell this print.  
    Aren’t you trying to trade it? It doesn’t bother me, but it’s funny you would say that and still get rid of it on a different section of the forum. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • WesCWesC Posts: 92
    WesC said:

Aren’t you trying to trade it? It doesn’t bother me, but it’s funny you would say that and still get rid of it on a different section of the forum. 
    Not at all.  I have a SE print of the "Catch" that I'm looking to trade.
    6/30/06 Milwaukee 8/23/09 Chicago 05/03/10 Kansas City 09/03/11 Alpine Valley 09/04/11 Alpine Valley 11/16/13 Oklahoma City
    11/19/13 Phoenix 11/29/13 Portland 10/03/14 St. Louis 10/17/14 Moline 10/19/14 St. Paul 04/26/16 Lexington 08/07/16 Boston
    08/22/16 Chicago 08/08/18 Seattle 08/10/18 Seattle 08/13/18 Missoula 08/18/18 Chicago