Major Announcement Pending

1678911

Comments

  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FLPosts: 368
    vzouzal said:

    Sorry. My bad folks. I take whatever lashings I deserve
    You got a 10 page comment thread out of it, so at least there was content for the forum from it!
  • RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MOPosts: 149
    bbiggs said:
    Was this one of those things where they feed various rumors through their camp to see what rumors get spread. Thus, finding the leak in their group and eliminating them from the circle of trust?
    Sounds like a scene from The Departed. 
    Or England national team soccer wives!
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MIPosts: 2,977
    vzouzal said:

    Sorry. My bad folks. I take whatever lashings I deserve
    vzouzal said:
    A friend of mine, who occasionally has info come across his desk, told me this and as an excited fan, I decided to share it.

    A friend of yours told you that all your pipe dreams about the band (that you posted about, multiple times) for the last few years were coming true?  
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,730
    Membership privileges revoked!!! If there are any anymore.....
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • FunkezFunkez CopenhagenPosts: 132
    No warning in previous newsletter to keep membership updated, no prior annoncements in newsletters... Never have an Alt Nation tale paned out. 

    odds was never really stacking up, right? 
    Roskilde '92, Roskilde '00, Rock Werchter '12, Stockholm '12, Copenhagen '12, Berlin '14, Stockholm '14, Oslo '14, London '14, NYC '15, (EV) Kvaerndrup '17, Amsterdam I '18, Berlin '18, London II 18, (EV) Berlin '19
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 31,595
    vzouzal said:
    Sources  close to the band are indicating that a major announcement regarding upcoming release of Pearl Jam Eleven, a double disc album representing their 11th studio album is imminent.

    Sources also say the band will be announcing a worldwide tour which begin January 2020.

    Early indications are that the album and tour will be an “all encompassing trip” featuring concerts, memorabilia and poster collection exhibits, as well “smaller” venue shows sprinkled in.

    Official announcement expected on October 10th, 2019
    must be coming later in the day, right?

    Image result for michael jackson popcorn gif


    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 515
    2 things about this BS : 
    1. You got me looking at the Forum for the first time in ages. 
    2. You’ve made me stop looking at the Forum for ages.  =)

  • CPR7CPR7 Posts: 132
    RK50065 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Was this one of those things where they feed various rumors through their camp to see what rumors get spread. Thus, finding the leak in their group and eliminating them from the circle of trust?
    Sounds like a scene from The Departed. 
    Or England national team soccer wives!
    It was.....vzouzal
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Posts: 159
    I told my wife about the big rumored announcement this morning regarding LP 11.  She said "Will it be called Eleven since you know...Ten? " I texted her at 10am when nothing was announced she said "Well wouldn't 11 be announced on the 11th?"  So let's see...
  • SM187650SM187650 CanadaPosts: 134
    edited October 10
    Poncier said:
    Get_Right said:
    Ovaltine was developed in Bern, Switzerland, where it is known by its original name, Ovomaltine (from ovum, Latin for "egg", and malt, which were originally its main ingredients). Unlike everything else in this thread those are facts.  =) 

    This ^^
    bahahahahaha
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 587


    i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • hidypittshidypitts Posts: 39
    I told my wife about the big rumored announcement this morning regarding LP 11.  She said "Will it be called Eleven since you know...Ten? " I texted her at 10am when nothing was announced she said "Well wouldn't 11 be announced on the 11th?"  So let's see...
    at 11:11 
  • CW55354CW55354 Posts: 146
    I agree with Santos not to believe everything you read. However, there most definitely are some in this board that have fed us reliable intel. And because of that I was able to book rooms at decent rates near arenas, etc. and the fact is, with nothing to go on from official sources, there are going to be rumors. The problem now is people are now making up false rumors to troll Alt Nation, which also tricks other people who are hungry for shows. And if anyone wants to believe a conspiracy theory that I just made up, Santos wouldn’t have posted that popcorn meme if something wasn’t in the works. Maybe somebody got too close to the truth! Connect the dots people!!
  • BrushdailyBrushdaily Posts: 159
    hidypitts said:
    I told my wife about the big rumored announcement this morning regarding LP 11.  She said "Will it be called Eleven since you know...Ten? " I texted her at 10am when nothing was announced she said "Well wouldn't 11 be announced on the 11th?"  So let's see...
    at 11:11 
    Right?  Now your talkin'
  • hidypittshidypitts Posts: 39
    hidypitts said:
    I told my wife about the big rumored announcement this morning regarding LP 11.  She said "Will it be called Eleven since you know...Ten? " I texted her at 10am when nothing was announced she said "Well wouldn't 11 be announced on the 11th?"  So let's see...
    at 11:11 
    Right?  Now your talkin'
    At the same time the Halloween shirts are delivered! Seriously. Mine arrives tomorrow!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 15,897
    YUUUUUUUUGE announcement. That was released by RSD a couple days ago........
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 7,209
    dlymnfld said:
    dlymnfld said:
    Pearl Jam now is more a business than a band. They will have an “announcement” saying when they announce a tour or album. They will never just announce something out of the blue. Their business model is putting out old music onto vinyls and making holiday themed shirts. When a tour finally does come I’m sure there will be a “countdown clock” like all the big bands do (I think Metallica is in the mist of one). This is why I prefer “smaller” bands. I saw Chad Stokes (Dispatch/State Radio) at G Love’s fest and I asked him if anything was on horizon and replied “new album in November and playing Boston in December”. I love Pearl Jam but they are way past telling common folks their business. Until I see a countdown clock I believe nothing. 
    So you asked a guy in a smaller band about their plans 8 weeks out and he told you info that would’ve been set and previously out in their social media?
    Yes. Imagine asking Eddie Vedder at Ohana Festival about upcoming show. He give you a Bill Belicheck answer. Chad Stokes’s major band Dispatch is pretty big in terms of fan base so me being able to tell fans in their forum about upcoming news was pretty big as I heard it straight from him with no speculation. People on FB heard something was on horizon and I was able to them exactly what Chad told me as we had a conversation and he gave me a straight forward answer. My only point is Pearl Jam is an A list band and the days of them worrying about connecting with fans outside of shows has been probably gone since that MTV vinyl coming was a live show. I personally enjoy musicians who still communicate with their fans. Not Pearl Jam’s fault necessarily it’s just they are not “struggling” musicians anymore. 
    I don’t know. For a band of their size, it seems like they connect pretty well with fans during random encounters in the public. They don’t ‘leak’ information , likely because of the size of the operation, they have to wait until everything’s solid planning wise before saying anything. I’m sure if they had shows scheduled two months from now, and an album one month from, Mike would tell me about it if I saw him on the street and asked him about it. 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 2,415
    if I could poop on this thread, I would. Complete nonsense. Insert poop emoji.
    Next thing you know you’ll be telling us your dad invented the Cobb Salad...
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYCPosts: 146
    Wait a minute! If it will be their 11th Album, of course the will announce it on 11/10!  We were just a month early!!  Reset the countdown clock ;-)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 10,158
    100 Pacer said:
    Still...better than the guy in Queens trying to book the band.
    I liked how his post started with "for immediate release" like it was some kind of press release or something
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CTPosts: 864
    dlymnfld said:
    dlymnfld said:
    Pearl Jam now is more a business than a band. They will have an “announcement” saying when they announce a tour or album. They will never just announce something out of the blue. Their business model is putting out old music onto vinyls and making holiday themed shirts. When a tour finally does come I’m sure there will be a “countdown clock” like all the big bands do (I think Metallica is in the mist of one). This is why I prefer “smaller” bands. I saw Chad Stokes (Dispatch/State Radio) at G Love’s fest and I asked him if anything was on horizon and replied “new album in November and playing Boston in December”. I love Pearl Jam but they are way past telling common folks their business. Until I see a countdown clock I believe nothing. 
    So you asked a guy in a smaller band about their plans 8 weeks out and he told you info that would’ve been set and previously out in their social media?
    Yes. Imagine asking Eddie Vedder at Ohana Festival about upcoming show. He give you a Bill Belicheck answer. Chad Stokes’s major band Dispatch is pretty big in terms of fan base so me being able to tell fans in their forum about upcoming news was pretty big as I heard it straight from him with no speculation. People on FB heard something was on horizon and I was able to them exactly what Chad told me as we had a conversation and he gave me a straight forward answer. My only point is Pearl Jam is an A list band and the days of them worrying about connecting with fans outside of shows has been probably gone since that MTV vinyl coming was a live show. I personally enjoy musicians who still communicate with their fans. Not Pearl Jam’s fault necessarily it’s just they are not “struggling” musicians anymore. 
    I don’t know. For a band of their size, it seems like they connect pretty well with fans during random encounters in the public. They don’t ‘leak’ information , likely because of the size of the operation, they have to wait until everything’s solid planning wise before saying anything. I’m sure if they had shows scheduled two months from now, and an album one month from, Mike would tell me about it if I saw him on the street and asked him about it. 
    Mike maybe but the rest of the band would scold him afterwards. 
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10, Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, MIssoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 12,104
    Let's go back to our daily lives.  When PJ emails us about a tour then we'll know.  Until then, spend time with your families, read a book, dig a hole in the backyard and refill it every night because of some OCD tick, etc.... We'll find out in time.   
  • kstkst Posts: 255
    A few pages back in this chain some of us learned what day of the week it was.  So that’s something that can never be taken away.
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 2,415
    kst said:
    A few pages back in this chain some of us learned what day of the week it was.  So that’s something that can never be taken away.
    No, but I wish the last 11 pages of this thread were taken away.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 7,209
    dlymnfld said:
    dlymnfld said:
    dlymnfld said:
    Pearl Jam now is more a business than a band. They will have an “announcement” saying when they announce a tour or album. They will never just announce something out of the blue. Their business model is putting out old music onto vinyls and making holiday themed shirts. When a tour finally does come I’m sure there will be a “countdown clock” like all the big bands do (I think Metallica is in the mist of one). This is why I prefer “smaller” bands. I saw Chad Stokes (Dispatch/State Radio) at G Love’s fest and I asked him if anything was on horizon and replied “new album in November and playing Boston in December”. I love Pearl Jam but they are way past telling common folks their business. Until I see a countdown clock I believe nothing. 
    So you asked a guy in a smaller band about their plans 8 weeks out and he told you info that would’ve been set and previously out in their social media?
    Yes. Imagine asking Eddie Vedder at Ohana Festival about upcoming show. He give you a Bill Belicheck answer. Chad Stokes’s major band Dispatch is pretty big in terms of fan base so me being able to tell fans in their forum about upcoming news was pretty big as I heard it straight from him with no speculation. People on FB heard something was on horizon and I was able to them exactly what Chad told me as we had a conversation and he gave me a straight forward answer. My only point is Pearl Jam is an A list band and the days of them worrying about connecting with fans outside of shows has been probably gone since that MTV vinyl coming was a live show. I personally enjoy musicians who still communicate with their fans. Not Pearl Jam’s fault necessarily it’s just they are not “struggling” musicians anymore. 
    I don’t know. For a band of their size, it seems like they connect pretty well with fans during random encounters in the public. They don’t ‘leak’ information , likely because of the size of the operation, they have to wait until everything’s solid planning wise before saying anything. I’m sure if they had shows scheduled two months from now, and an album one month from, Mike would tell me about it if I saw him on the street and asked him about it. 
    Mike maybe but the rest of the band would scold him afterwards. 
    I wonder what a scolding from Boom is like? 
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 369
    Looks like the post Referenced is based on bad info.  Sorry if this question Is inappropriate.  But, the Greek gentleman seems to have pretty accurate info. Ive read most of his posts and he gets a lot of info/stories right.  Any clue how he gets info or his source?  If this is an inappropriate question, I’ll delete it. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 136,707
    for the record..
    10c start newletters on 10th march 2013
    pj never announce a tour via mothly news letter..and hey announce the LB album in a newsletter but on 11th of july 13
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • for the record..
    10c start newletters on 10th march 2013
    pj never announce a tour via mothly news letter..and hey announce the LB album in a newsletter but on 11th of july 13
    Welcome back! 

    Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UKPosts: 2,759
    announce the LB album in a newsletter but on 11th of july 13

    Nature drunk and High
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA AustraliaPosts: 2,380
    for the record..
    10c start newletters on 10th march 2013
    pj never announce a tour via mothly news letter..and hey announce the LB album in a newsletter but on 11th of july 13
    Well well well... 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
Sign In or Register to comment.