Happy 95th Birthday, President Jimmy Carter!

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
edited October 2019 in All Encompassing Trip
Just getting this thread in under the wire on October 1st (at least here on the U.S. west coast).  Jimmy Carter is 95 today- the first president to ever reach that milestone.  Couldn't have happened to a better man! 

Happy Birthday President Jimmy Carter!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by brianlux on

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2019

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593

That's got to be a spoof article.  Does not sound like anything Mr. Carter would say.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter near record for longest-married presidential couple

• brianlux said:

That's got to be a spoof article.  Does not sound like anything Mr. Carter would say.
    Yeah, it's the onion
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    brianlux said:

Yeah, it's the onion
    Oh good- now I can laugh about it!  :lol: 

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    He is not terribly older than who we will most likely be voting for next year. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited October 2019
    Jason P said:
    He is not terribly older than who we will most likely be voting for next year. 

We're not all voting.

Edit: And happy birthday, JC.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Sending out good thoughts for President Carter as he recovers from yet another fall:

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

• @lolobugg thought u were a fan of his?