Options

FS Eddie Batmobile

looking to move this badboy. I'm in Massachusetts.  $400 or best offer.  Would need to meet in person.  If someone wants this shipped it'll cost an additional $100. 

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    It wouldn't need crated.  Shipping seems a bit steep.  Would it really cost $100 to ship?  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    edited September 2019
    My opinion on shipping.
    I had an Etsy shop where I sold chalkboard signs and easels. I would use mirror boxes from uhaul and it would cost about $30 to ship a 2x3 foot easel. That included $100 insurance, so a little more for full coverage on this.
    if you walk into a location and ask them to ship they may quote close to $100, but if you have an account with fedex or ups (it’s free) and pack it yourself yourself, it’s a lot cheaper. Even with additional insurance, should be less than $30 since this is considerably smaller than. 2x3 easel. 
    I didn’t know until I opened my shop that shipping locations have hidden surcharges when you bring items it, it’s significantly cheaper to do it all online, print a label and just drop off.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    tcangelositcangelosi Posts: 10
    edited September 2019
    Thanks mace.  The one time I shipped a framed poster by myself it broke in transit.  Second time I used a pro to pack it and it cost $100. Interesting idea on the mirror box from uhaul. Thanks for that tip.  I'd be flexible on shipping for anyone interested. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    No problem. I also used a box cutter to trim the mirror boxes to size. Will save a lot more on shipping for that. 
    Fedex was good for me, only had to file claims on about 1% of my sales for breakage. Pack it tight with lots of paper on both sides and it should be good to ship.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited September 2019
    Movers Saran (I have no idea what people call it) is great stuff. I work at an art gallery. For framed pieces, I cut 2 pieces of sturdy cardboard-- one for the front and one for the back. I Saran one to keep the frame from sliding, then place the frame face down, Saran it to that piece then add the next and wrap again. (Think of a cardboard sandwich.) Give a bubble layer, making sure to Saran over to tuck all of the edges in so that the complete frame is covered. Wrap in postal craft paper. Box and ship. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1