Options

Fan Made Pearl Jam Stuff

I just made some wooden Pearl Jam coasters out of various stickers, cards, etc. it had me wondering what items you have customized as you let the creative juices flow.. Feel free to show a pic too!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    One of my favorite topics!

Can't stand fanmade rip off shit that steals from the artist but...  If you took a PJ sticker and made a magnet?  Cool!  I have a set that someone on here made and love them.

• Options
    Yeah I enjoy celebrating my fandom in unusual ways. I wouldn’t sell what I creat that’s for sure. Any others making some cool fanfare?
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 691
    My wife one year took a bunch of pictures of various gig posters we had and had them made into coasters for the rec room where most of the posters hung.  It was a nice touch, and a thoughtful gift.
  • Options
    Nice idea
  • Options
    I just heard of how to print pictures from a printer on wood. I might try a logo and transfer it to wood.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    jonsand said:
    I just heard of how to print pictures from a printer on wood. I might try a logo and transfer it to wood.
    I believe if you get a fresh color copy from a copier (make sure it prints reverse of what you want transferred) you can transfer with by rubbing mineral spirits or maybe even rubbing alcohol. (Run a test. I recall mineral spirits, but they smell gross.)

Wood piece
    Reverse image, ink side down
    Cotton balls or old rag with mineral spirits rubbed on the backside
    Lift to see how it is transferring.  You may need to burnish it with the back of a wooden spoon to get a full transfer. 

If your aim is to seal it, use spray only. I would be afraid that a brush would drag your transferred ink. Do this only after it has been left to dry for at least a day or two. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Nice. I’ll give that method a try. Any other great creations out there?