Options

What’s your favorite album of 2019 so far?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Fear Innoculum is about the only decent album in the last 3 or 4 years and for me, its easily the best of that same time frame and it's not even close.

Prior to that it was Hardwired for me. Rock has taken a beating in the last decade.   

So two kick ass albums since Lightning Bolt.. rough wait for good music. Not even sure there is a 3rd album I could be bothered to stream unless it's like 2009 to 1950. 

What a sad take. 3 bands that are all but spent creatively and you’re out here talking like they had some late career renaissance. I know there’s not the same amount of quality rock music as in the past, but still plenty to explore if you dont get set in your ways. 

Don’t get me wrong, FI is a fine album. Doubt it would even register if I was making a list of the best albums of the past 5 years.
  • Options
    derbydave said:

#9 Beth Gibbons & The Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra - Henryk Gorecki: Symphony #3 (Symphony of Sorrowful Songs)

THIS is a truly excellent release. IDK if we'll ever get another Portishead LP, but this made me want one even more. Its gorgeous.

Really enjoyed this one as well and agree with the Portishead thoughts. Still listen to their live album frequently.

Raconteurs and Black Keys have been getting a lot of spins because my son is a fan of them too and these are the first 2 albums that he's asked to hear the whole thing of instead of just the singles. Tool and Big Wreck have been getting a lot of listens this past month
    I am wired and fading...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    Josh Ritter
    Raconteurs
    Tool
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,835
    2019 is ~75% done...dang!! Still got 25% of Hazy IPA left in the cup tho :wink::glasses:

A few strong contenders IMHO:

- Years to Burn -- Calexico w/ Iron & Wine
    - Help Us Stranger -- The Raconteurs
    - Signs -- Tedeschi Trucks Band
    - Terms of Surrender -- Hiss Golden Messenger
    - Wooh Dang -- Daniel Norgren

To those who think there's no good music being created....y'all's ain't listening hard enough :coffee:

Really looking forward to hearing Sturgill's new one this Fri! 
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Definitely I forgot Foals new one. Also one of the best live shows I have seen in awhile early this year in Vancouver where the crowd was super pumped and rowdy on a weekday. This is rare for a Vancouver show
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    Have you heard new M83? It's pretty cool
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    My wife loves M83.  I'll have to check it out.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    Fear Innoculum is about the only decent album in the last 3 or 4 years and for me, its easily the best of that same time frame and it's not even close.

Prior to that it was Hardwired for me. Rock has taken a beating in the last decade.   

So two kick ass albums since Lightning Bolt.. rough wait for good music. Not even sure there is a 3rd album I could be bothered to stream unless it's like 2009 to 1950. 
    Woah, that's slim pickings. And I thought Hardwired sucked, but I haven't liked any Metallica since Load/ReLoad, which I love. 

You should check out the Reignwolf album. You might dig it. And Royal Blood. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,521
    Almost forgot about The Claypool Lennon Delirium's album, South of Reality. It's great too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Current top 5:

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Signs
    The Raconteurs - Help Us Stranger
    Shovels and Rope - By Blood
    Gary Clark Jr - This Land 
    Mathew Logan Vasquez - Light’n Up
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    That was a good listen.  Didn't expect it to be almost entirely instrumental.  Is that typical for M83?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Leathe?ma?Leathe?ma? Яussia Posts: 354
    cdthomas1981 said:даже
    That was a good listen.  Didn't expect it to be almost entirely instrumental.  Is that typical for M83?
    Not a big fan of them, but I think it's kinda experimental album
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    edited September 2019
    Atlantean Kodex - The Course of Empire
    The Honey Pot - Bewildered Jane
    Nebula - Holy Shit
    Purple Mountains - Purple Mountains
    Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com