Options

Fenway Night 2 2016

new Live On 4 Legs episode today - as I set to get married this weekend I did the show with my soon to be wife. I’m biased, but it’s a good episode that showcases her relationship with the band after seeing them live for the first time and getting to understand this unique universe we dedicate ourselves to. Listen below, or find us on Apple, Spotify or any other podcast provider.

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Arguably the best of the ballpark shows.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

Awesome, this was a top 3 show for me, hands down.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Spectacular show, so much fun!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    JimmyV said:
    Arguably the best of the ballpark shows.
    I’d agree 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited September 2019
    Fenway 2 2016  >>>  Seattle 2  2018 >>>  Wrigley 2 2016

Podcasts are not really my thing but I will give this a go when I have the time later tonight. Thanks for sharing and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness on your new adventure!  
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    was happy to be 13th row mike side.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 900
    PJNB said:

Podcasts are not really my thing but I will give this a go when I have the time later tonight. Thanks for sharing and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness on your new adventure!  
    I’d reverse that order
  • Options
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order
    Hard to go wrong with any of those 3. Glad I got to see them. Were you able to? 
  • Options
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order
    Can't speak to Wrigley 2016, but while Seattle 2 2018 was a longer show, Fenway 2 2016 was the better show. IMO having been at both. 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order
    Can't speak to Wrigley 2016, but while Seattle 2 2018 was a longer show, Fenway 2 2016 was the better show. IMO having been at both. 
    Wrigley 2 first set was fantastic. First and second encores were good as well just not as good as the other two I mentioned imo. Fenway had the best crowd though that I am certain. Jeremy and Nothingman were deafening. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order
    Wrigley 2 first set was fantastic. First and second encores were good as well just not as good as the other two I mentioned imo. Fenway had the best crowd though that I am certain. Jeremy and Nothingman were deafening. 

They had us in such a frenzy at Fenway 2, I didn't think they could lift us any higher... and then they tore into 'Breath' and they impossibly took that night to another level.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,786
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order

They had us in such a frenzy at Fenway 2, I didn't think they could lift us any higher... and then they tore into 'Breath' and they impossibly took that night to another level.
    Yea that encore 2 was insane. Love Reign too!!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order

Oh my God, I forgot they played Reign (it's been a while since I listened to the boot).  

That show was f'ing unbelievable.

• Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order

Oh my God, I forgot they played Reign (it's been a while since I listened to the boot).  

My favourite cover that they do and great version imo. Love that Boom intro. Gives me chills every time. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order

My favourite cover that they do and great version imo. Love that Boom intro. Gives me chills every time. 

It was the last time they played it too!
  • Options
    Breath. Had no idea it was coming and then BOOM! 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    The guy behind me kept saying please play it please play it. He had the setlist before the show. Then they went into Wooden Jesus he was like WTF is going on then Breath kicked in. Pretty funny and happy moment for him. Lots of high fives that night. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order

Exactly. 

• Options
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    The guy behind me kept saying please play it please play it. He had the setlist before the show. Then they went into Wooden Jesus he was like WTF is going on then Breath kicked in. Pretty funny and happy moment for him. Lots of high fives that night. 
    Just incredible. Those shows were everything I had wanted them to be for years.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

I get chills thinking of how I felt when I heard the opening chords... I grabbed my buddy's shoulder, screamed "NO WAY" & started jumping like a lunatic.

I'm hard pressed to think of a greater feeling... it was heaven.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Same here. Night one cut short hurt a lot and the crowd seemed nervous. When Corduroy hit though the place lit up and then it was over. Still loved that show. 

Funny story a year after Fenway 2016 was done. Someone posted a vid of Angel being played on Facebook. I said to my wife that looks exactly like our view for the show. Then I heard a familiar sound of awful singing. Me of course. It was the guy hoping for Breath to be played videoing Angel. Crazy to be able to make that connection after so much time. 

• Options
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Same here. Night one cut short hurt a lot and the crowd seemed nervous. When Corduroy hit though the place lit up and then it was over. Still loved that show. 

Funny story a year after Fenway 2016 was done. Someone posted a vid of Angel being played on Facebook. I said to my wife that looks exactly like our view for the show. Then I heard a familiar sound of awful singing. Me of course. It was the guy hoping for Breath to be played videoing Angel. Crazy to be able to make that connection after so much time. 

Cell phones at shows for the win!  =)

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

Cell phones at shows for the win!  =)
    Not to mention Better Than Nothing Videos... yeah, I hate cell phones at shows, but God damn I love watching the youtube footage after the fact.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Fenway 2, 2016 was one of the best shows I have ever seen.  Band and crowd were on fire!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    nicknyr15 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    KN219077 said:
    PJNB said:

I’d reverse that order

There were about 10 of us heading down in a booze bus for this show. We were talking about what we wanted to hear. Someone said Love Reign.  I said "no way, I don't think his voice can handle it" It had been played once on that tour (and not since 2013 before that).  And he hit all the screams quite well.  Was never happier to be wrong.  

Probably still my favorite and the most fun I've ever had at a show.  
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 758
    It is good to know my only ballpark show was the best one.

I show up and there is this husband and wife couple beside me (outfield on the third base side). The wife goes to the bathroom and the guy gives me $100. Tells me to get him a beer every time I go and pretend that I am buying for him because then his wife will let him drink. I had a morning flight to Atlanta for work the next day and was not in great shape. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    kaw753 said:
    It is good to know my only ballpark show was the best one.

I show up and there is this husband and wife couple beside me (outfield on the third base side). The wife goes to the bathroom and the guy gives me $100. Tells me to get him a beer every time I go and pretend that I am buying for him because then his wife will let him drink. I had a morning flight to Atlanta for work the next day and was not in great shape. 
    That is awesome!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    I haven't gotten to a lot of shows on the back 9, but I have to say I was very impressed with this one.  Was it perfect, no, but it was damn good and as good as most PJ I've seen.  If they played Red Mosquito like on the set, instead of Draw the Line, I might have never left the park.  Alas I got that in 2018.   Lots of cool moments at Night 2 in 2018, but in 2016 they were just way sharper to my ear.   I think I also had a tad of negative energy in me because of the heavy prodding to get into your seats at 6:30, got my mind racing for an intro sit down set, and when you start imagining a show before it happens it can be too much expectation.  

Hidden nugs for me on 8.7 were Pendulum (missed LB tour due to serious life scenarios) NAIS (one of my favs) In Hiding (FUCK, PLAY THIS MORE!!!!!!!!) Sirens (take a walk those who hate, when you lose someone close to you this song means a lot) Deep!  and Entire encores are solid - getting Angel and LROM fantastic.   Would have loved to have been at Night 1 also, but alas, be happy with what you get cause life is short.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 258
    Went to all 4 Fenway shows and this one was my favorite.  Although not necessarily my favorite songs, the Not For You--Immortality--Deep--Jeremy stretch of songs was unreal in that setting...thought the house was going to come down.  Angel into Footsteps was no joke either.  Awesome show.
    Great memories from that weekend.....Pearl Jam had been rumored to play Fenway for so many years, it was great to see it come to fruition.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    In Hiding was loud. Almost Spectrum 3 loud. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...