Cake

I'm going to see them tomorrow night in Sac.  Looking at their setlist from this tour it looks like they play 10-12 songs.... What?!  Clearly I've been spoiled by concerts in the past.  Has anyone been to see Cake recently?  How long do they usually take the stage?
“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America

Comments

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    In January in London there was a regular show. 1h30-1h45? Awesome gig.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/cake/2019/electric-ballroom-london-england-2b95b43a.html
  • I hope they go the distance for you.
  • It might have been a little different given the setting since it was a festival, but when I saw them I was very indifferent at the end. He talked a ton and the music just didn’t have the same enjoyment to it. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • I'm going to see them tomorrow night in Sac.  Looking at their setlist from this tour it looks like they play 10-12 songs.... What?!  Clearly I've been spoiled by concerts in the past.  Has anyone been to see Cake recently?  How long do they usually take the stage?

I saw them last summer, and in a 75 minute set they played 11 songs.

I was annoyed enough to do a little math to figure out the average song length on one of their albums (Prolonging the Magic, I think) and determined their average song length was around 4:00. Allowing a little extra jam time, that means they played for about 50 minutes, and talked to the crowd for 25 minutes, 1/3 of the allotted set time.

I won't be going to see Cake again.

• Well, with a "pre-opener" with Tall Heights then Ben Folds with Tall Heights as his backing band then Cake coming out -- turned out to be a pretty awesome night.  Cake played for about an hour and half, played 14 songs, were highly interactive and a lot of fun.  Ben Folds was great too.  He swears a lot -- may have cemented himself as a favorite for my slightly naive 13 year old.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America