Options

Let's Guess Two - the 2016 -er 2017 and 2018 Holiday Single Official What's it Going to Be

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PSUS2H said:
    One of them will be from Murphys Bleachers  The other will be soundcheck from Benny 
    Now those would be fanclub singles worth the wait! 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,785
    PB11041 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    This one arrived on the 13th

Correct and this what the archived email of 3.10 looks like...
    it's fine if they changed their minds, I'm just confused as to why you seem to be denying it was originally labelled as the ten club single, which is clear by kearn5y's screenshot. there was really nothing confusing or "a mess of an email" about it. it was stated plain as day. "ten club single" and "2017 single". 
    They changed it 3 days later, and then changed it again, that was what was confusing and a mess of information.  If you find the flurry of changed emails about the song clear, to each their own.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    FR181798 said:
    PB11041 said:
    Why does everyone think can't Deny me, not seeing that happening

We were definitely told that this was the Fanclub single and also the first single from the forthcoming album. I have the email. It seemed to some a little lazy as usually the 
    singles are tracks exclusive to the fanclub release.
    Yup, I have the email as well. Sent on March 10, 2018. Clearly says Can't Deny Me is the 2017 fanclub single. Now they could have screwed up (wouldn't be too surprising), and changed it later, but that's what the email says.
    There is nothing clear about that email, the one that followed three days later, or what is currently archived for March 10, 2018 newsletter on the website.   

I showed the screen shots in the other thread yesterday, it is a mess of information.  
    I still have no idea what point you're trying to argue. Everything is clear in that email. It is clearly stated that it is the 2017 single. Why are you arguing about that? The email may have been sent prematurely, they may have changed their minds after the fact about it being the 2017 single, etc... But you keep saying the original email isn't clear. Absent the followup emails and archiving, would you still claim it wasn't clear? It was only after the original (and clearly worded) email was delivered and other emails and discussion occurred that things became confusing.
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.  I am not arguing anything I am stating their string of communication about Can't Deny Me was confusing because it changed multiple times.   What I keep saying is the whole thread of communication about the song was not clear.  For fuck sake.

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    FR181798 said:
    PB11041 said:

We were definitely told that this was the Fanclub single and also the first single from the forthcoming album. I have the email. It seemed to some a little lazy as usually the 
    Yup, I have the email as well. Sent on March 10, 2018. Clearly says Can't Deny Me is the 2017 fanclub single. Now they could have screwed up (wouldn't be too surprising), and changed it later, but that's what the email says.
    There is nothing clear about that email, the one that followed three days later, or what is currently archived for March 10, 2018 newsletter on the website.   

I showed the screen shots in the other thread yesterday, it is a mess of information.  
    I still have no idea what point you're trying to argue. Everything is clear in that email. It is clearly stated that it is the 2017 single. Why are you arguing about that? The email may have been sent prematurely, they may have changed their minds after the fact about it being the 2017 single, etc... But you keep saying the original email isn't clear. Absent the followup emails and archiving, would you still claim it wasn't clear? It was only after the original (and clearly worded) email was delivered and other emails and discussion occurred that things became confusing.
    JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.  I am not arguing anything I am stating their string of communication about Can't Deny Me was confusing because it changed multiple times.   What I keep saying is the whole thread of communication about the song was not clear.  For fuck sake.
    Thanks for clarifying. When you said "There is nothing clear about that email,..." I thought you meant there was nothing clear about that email. My point was that the 1st email was clear. It was the follow-ups that made everything less so. 
    I agree with you that the chain of events and and 2nd email muddied the waters for sure.  It would be interesting to understand the actual intent. Was it intended to be the single, but they had a change of heart? Was the original email a mistake? Who knows. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    you said "there is nothing clear about that email" when directly referencing the initial email about the song. if that's not what you meant, that's on you, not us. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    you said "there is nothing clear about that email" when directly referencing the initial email about the song. if that's not what you meant, that's on you, not us. 
    Yeah, okay I worded the original sentence poorly, but I don't think is all that hard to see that I was talking about the whole set of communication about the song.   I freaking posted the pictures on a different thread, I would not have done that suggesting that email 1 didn't say x, it was about the whole thing, but anyway, understood it could have been clearer on my part. 

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,473
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    FR181798 said:
    PB11041 said:

99.99% of the internet understood the point you were making. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    FR181798 said:
    PB11041 said:

See above. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    Yeah, okay I worded the original sentence poorly, but I don't think is all that hard to see that I was talking about the whole set of communication about the song.   I freaking posted the pictures on a different thread, I would not have done that suggesting that email 1 didn't say x, it was about the whole thing, but anyway, understood it could have been clearer on my part. 
    apparently it was for at least two of us who are fairly intelligent adults. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    99.99% of the internet understood your point. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    interesting how we all understood 10C from the very beginning, yet he didn't, and when he unsuccessfully tried to explain the mess in his own head, and then lashed out because of it, somehow jeff and I are the .01% of idiots? 

that's an interesting conclusion to come to. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    FR181798 said:
    PB11041 said:

Source?
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    interesting how we all understood 10C from the very beginning, yet he didn't, and when he unsuccessfully tried to explain the mess in his own head, and then lashed out because of it, somehow jeff and I are the .01% of idiots? 

In the beginning, 3.10.18 there was an email.  Three days later, 3.13.18, a new email changed the meaning of the first email.  Some days subsequent to that the archived 3.10.18 email's content changed and the archived version of the 3.13.18 email was just deleted entirely.   

The communication about the single named Can't Deny Me was confusing and lacking clarity.  One day it was one thing, then it was another, then it was neither and something was gone.  

Hopefully that is acceptably more clear.

• Options
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:

I never even responded to anything you posted, Bro.  I posted a response to the other dude that I thought his posts were clear.  Take a deep breath.  

• Options
    jeffbr said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    PB11041 said:
    jeffbr said:
    FR181798 said:
    PB11041 said:

Source?
    funny, that was going to my first reply. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:

I never even responded to anything you posted, Bro.  I posted a response to the other dude that I thought his posts were clear.  Take a deep breath.  
    99.99 % of the internet probably understands that my post did not require additional breathing. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PB11041 said:
    on2legs said:
    PB11041 said:

In the beginning, 3.10.18 there was an email.  Three days later, 3.13.18, a new email changed the meaning of the first email.  Some days subsequent to that the archived 3.10.18 email's content changed and the archived version of the 3.13.18 email was just deleted entirely.   

The communication about the single named Can't Deny Me was confusing and lacking clarity.  One day it was one thing, then it was another, then it was neither and something was gone.  

Hopefully that is acceptably more clear.

yeah, what you meant was clear after your "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!" post.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I really hope we get some stellar stuff on the singles.  That would be exciting. 

• Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Maybe the band can just record themselves reciting this thread and throw it on the last two singles.  That'd be a thrill to listen back to. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Really, all I have to say about CDM is that I hope, I mean, I seriously hope, it won't end up on the new album. Can't believe some people on here apparently would be glad about it. A (not that great) song we already heard a year and a half ago, really? It wouldn't be too out of place on the 2017 TC single (apparently that was the original plan), but it'd surely be a waste of space on the album. We already have it in FLAC. That's enough for an average song like that.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,129
    Can't Deny Me plays MUCH better live. That is all.
  • Options
    I’m middle of the road on CDM.  Don’t love it and don’t hate it either.  But I’d prefer it not be on the album because it would lend a sort of staleness to what should be a brand new, fresh album.  For me it more of a perception thing than an actual issue with the song. 

• Options
    on2legs said:
    I’m middle of the road on CDM.  Don’t love it and don’t hate it either.  But I’d prefer it not be on the album because it would lend a sort of staleness to what should be a brand new, fresh album.  For me it more of a perception thing than an actual issue with the song. 
    agreed
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    Can't Deny Me plays MUCH better live. That is all.
    Agreed. The studio version sounds like a rough mix. Surprised they even put it out like that. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    it won't/it does not matter, because no matter what it is, it will be complained about as being _____________ or too_____________ or not___________enough, or should have benn___________

just be glad we finally are getting them one last time

that all being said I have heard the RRHOF stuff a lot on PJ radio, makes me suspicious
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,648
    CDM is okay.  Not groundbreaking or anything they haven't done before but thats alright.  For the sake of getting new songs and my imaginary perfect album i hope its not on there.  I want eleven songs that blow my mind. 
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:
    it won't/it does not matter, because no matter what it is, it will be complained about as being _____________ or too_____________ or not___________enough, or should have benn___________

just be glad we finally are getting them one last time

that all being said I have heard the RRHOF stuff a lot on PJ radio, makes me suspicious
    Related image

• Options
    of course it's true. we're pearl jam fanatics. we'll be elated and pissed off and happy and angry about it all at the same time, likely about the same things! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I'm hoping for the PJ version of Jeff's The Forest. after listening, I think it would have been a good fit on Backspacer. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    I'm hoping for the PJ version of Jeff's The Forest. after listening, I think it would have been a good fit on Backspacer. 
    + 1
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it