Options

Summer 2020 Concerts in Seattle

Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
I may visit Seattle next year as part of a knitting adventure. Is it too early to know about good rock shows in Seattle? 
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird

Comments

• Options
    Here’s hoping for you a Pearl Jam show. Saw them last year in Seattle and to say it was the highlight of my concert going life would be a major understatement. 

Knitting festival. That’s metal🤘🏽🤘🏽
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Here’s hoping for you a Pearl Jam show. Saw them last year in Seattle and to say it was the highlight of my concert going life would be a major understatement. 

Those two shows were indeed great but DAMN I ended up having to fork over a lot more $$$ than expected. Seattle hotels are not cheap in the summer time - especially when PJ is in town!
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    edited September 2019
    Long story short. I booked a super nice room for one night. Paid top dollar. Got to the hotel and they tell me all the king suites are full. I said I have a reservation for a king suite. The rude girls at the desk don’t care at all and tell me. That’s what you get when you book with a third party app. I booked it with the hotel app. They say we are giving you a queen size room. Two queen beds. It’s just my wife and I for a romantic PJ quick trip. I don’t want anything to ruin PJ in Seattle so instead of getting mad I take it. Small room with two twin beds. My wife is skinny and me not so much. We are not fitting in a twin bed. 

Anyways. Horrible stay. Contacted the president of the company after getting no where with numerous others. Lies about a manager coming over and blah blah blah. After a letter to the president of the company with times and told them to watch the video and we never saw a manager the full amount for the room was refunded to our account. Horrible stay but free. So it worked out the best for what we got. 

Show made up for it by far. And so did the MoPop exhibit after the show. Once in a lifetime for sure. 
    Post edited by pearljammr78 on
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    rummy said:

Those two shows were indeed great but DAMN I ended up having to fork over a lot more $$$ than expected. Seattle hotels are not cheap in the summer time - especially when PJ is in town!
    Yah, the hotels are brutally expensive :(  Secretly, I hope PJ's next Seattle shows occur in the winter when everything is cheaper.

In regards to the OP.  Bands usually book out dates somewhere around 3 to 6 months in advance.   It's not impossible, but it's rare for them to be sold a year out.

I've done ok the past few years:

2019 - The Rolling Stones
    2018 - Pearl Jam
    2016 - GNR
    2014 - Tom Petty (Gorge)
    2011 - Soundgarden (Gorge)

There's usually at least 1 big rock show every summer.  Sometime's there at the gorge, you'll have to rent a car if that happens :)
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Zod said:
    rummy said:

Yah, the hotels are brutally expensive :(  Secretly, I hope PJ's next Seattle shows occur in the winter when everything is cheaper.

There's usually at least 1 big rock show every summer.  Sometime's there at the gorge, you'll have to rent a car if that happens :)
    Can't help but wonder how much Seattle hotels were that evening back in December (6th) 2013. At least they played Vancouver a couple of nights earlier. 
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Zod said:
    rummy said:

Can't help but wonder how much Seattle hotels were that evening back in December (6th) 2013. At least they played Vancouver a couple of nights earlier. 
    We splurged a little and stayed at the Inn at the Market.(awesome boutique hotel right at Pike’s Market). The weather was almost as good as the concert. Sunny and near record low temps you can’t ask for better in Dec. in the Pacific Northwest.We were on a roll after Portland and Vancouver and booked 2 nights directly with the hotel. They gave us a rate of $199.00 including parking.That was our second stay after EV2011. Canadian dollar was at or near par, contrast that with the 2 star joint near the Space Needle that we were lucky to get for $275ish plus exchange for the Home Shows. If we can’t have a winter tour even late fall or early spring before baseball season. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,157
    edited September 2019
    rummy said:
    Zod said:
    rummy said:

We stayed at the Hyatt at Oliver 8 for about $120USD which was leagues better than the $330USD+ per night we paid for the hotel five last year :(

Even this summer to see the stones we got a Quality Inn room for $160USD plus fees ($200 USD) as a friend works for Amazon and he could get a discount.  Otherwise we were looking at $300 to $400USD again.  There are a few cheap hotels in the downtown seattle area, but the cheap ones don't have AC, which to me is a must in August in Seattle :)
    Post edited by Zod on