Born Innocent: The Redd Kross Story

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Interviews will include
Jeff Ament (Pearl Jam)

In 1987, Redd Kross played a show at the Crescent Ballroom in Tacoma that was attended by members of Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. They proved that a band could have a heavy guitar attack and still have great pop melodies, an approach that Nirvana would take to world domination. 

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2019
    I saw Red Kross open up for Melvins here in town a few years back. I had to run to the concert straight after seeing Pearl Jam: Lets Play Two in the cinema - where Jeff Ament sports a Gene Simmons shirt. 

On my way into the show I spotted a Melvins showposter which was a Nun in Gene Simmons makeup.

And when I, out of breath, came into the actual concert Red Kross was in the middle of playing a cover of Deuce.

https://youtu.be/CnbSieSUKlQ

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Saw Redd Kross and Meat Puppets open for STP in 1994. 
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

HOW YOU CAN HELP

This film is only going to be possible with the help of you (Redd Kross fans, punk fans, power pop fans, bubblegum fans, Los Angeles history fans, 70’s “trash” culture fans, rock doc fans, independent film fans, and anyone who loves rock and roll!). We want this to be your film just as much as it is ours. The more people who participate, the more chance we have of getting the story out. To help out, please Twitter it, “Like” us on Facebook, email this Kickstarter link to friends or people who you think might like Redd Kross and this film.
    We are also actively looking for any archival footage of the band. If you've got video or photos from any era of Redd Kross, send it our way!
    Thank you for reading this and for your support!

:) 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Really hope this gets made really hope this gets made, love Redd Kross
    Bump!
  • raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
    9 lefts left. CA$ 76,984 pledged of CA$ 99,463 goal

3 day's left. Under 9 grand to go.
    It's been funded. Sweet!  :)

End of Year Update!

Andrew Reich

As 2019 draws to a close, we wanted to give you an update on the progress that your donations have made possible. Since the Kickstarter campaign was successfully funded, we have filmed interviews with 40 people who are important to telling the Redd Kross story. We have talked to members of Pearl Jam, The Go-Go’s, Soundgarden and The Bangles. Those are just the household names. Since many of you are true music fans, here’s the complete list: we have interviewed members of Dinosaur Jr., The Germs, The Presidents of the United States of America, The Muffs, Veruca Salt, The Adolescents, Air, The Pandoras, The Last, Sloan, The Lovedolls, The Young Fresh Fellows, The Three O’ Clock, The Nip Drivers, The Fastbacks, Sin 34, The Side Eyes, and That Dog. And that’s in addition to our earlier interviews with members of Sonic Youth, The Melvins, and The Circle Jerks. In 2020 we have interviews scheduled with members of Black Flag, Mudhoney, L7, Pussy Galore, The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jellyfish. We have interviewed a total of 10 current and former members of Redd Kross, with more planned in the New Year. And we have shot hours of additional interviews with Jeff and Steve McDonald telling more of the incredible and often hilarious stories of their four decades as Redd Kross. Your donations have made this happen, and we are being meticulous about spending that money in the most responsible and cost-effective way we can. Some of you have also unearthed archival video and photographs of the band that you have shared with us, which is so appreciated. If anyone else out there has archival material that you haven’t shared, please let us know! There’s much more to come, but we wanted to let you know what we’ve been up to.

Also, we wanted to give you an update on rewards. The skateboards are almost finished and we will be shipping those in January. Jeff and Steve are back from tour and working on the handwritten lyric sheets. We are certain that those will ship in January as well. We wish you all a very Happy New Year!!

edited January 5
    Post edited by demetrios on
    If you guys like Redd Kross listen to any of their interviews on the Turned out a Punk podcast.  Stevens first interview on there might be one of my favorite podcsat episodes.  These guys have been doing this for so long and have so many interesting stories.  
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    Interesting….. I saw Redd Kross several times waaaaay back in the early 80’s. This show in ‘83 was the first time.  

With the Dicks too, that must have been awesome
    edited January 8

Post edited by demetrios on