Options

Republican memo on strategy on masshootings

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,933
edited August 2019 in A Moving Train
Remember that some people  on here were parroting these talkingpoints.

Memo reveals a House Republican strategy on shootings: downplay white nationalism, blame left

Congressional Republicans recently circulated talking points on gun violence that falsely described the El Paso massacre and other mass shootings as “violence from the left.”

A document obtained by the Tampa Bay Times and sent by House Republicans provides a framework for how to respond to anticipated questions like, “Why won’t you pass legislation to close the ‘gun show loophole’ in federal law?” and “Why shouldn’t we ban high-capacity magazines?" The answers are boilerplate Republican arguments against tougher gun restrictions.

But it also included this question: “Do you believe white nationalism is driving more mass shootings recently?” The suggested response is to steer the conversation away from white nationalism to an argument that implies both sides are to blame.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    He’s a fascist piece of shit !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    The Nazi groups are ok in Portland according to this President? The anti nazi groups are terrorists? Somebody wake me from this fucked up nightmare please. I am sooooo full of hate. Hate of this orange douchebag and his administration. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    edited August 2019
    Republicans seem to have no problem supporting, identifying  with, and voting for...

Neo-nazis
    Racists
    White nationalists
    White supremacists 
    Xenophobes
  • Options
    Republicans seem to have no problem supporting, identifying  with, and voting for...

Neo-nazis
    Racists
    White nationalists
    White supremacists 
    Xenophobes
    But they love Jesus 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    Owing Libs: THE driving force in America since 2016
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,690

Neo-nazis
    Racists
    White nationalists
    White supremacists 
    Xenophobes
    But they love Jesus 
    just not enough to follow him..... the old testament, now that they can get behind....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I don’t know what this is supposed to mean. Maybe I’m slow. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    OnWis97 said:
    What he means is that opposition to liberalism has become more important to the average conservative than support for any given principle... They stand against progressive ideas so fervently, they have no impetus left to stand for anything.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    rgambs said:
    pearljammr78 said:⁸
    OnWis97 said:
    What he means is that opposition to liberalism has become more important to the average conservative than support for any given principle... They stand against progressive ideas so fervently, they have no impetus left to stand for anything.
    They do stand for lots of things.... 
    Fear
    Hate
    Ignorance 
    Racism
    Xenophobia
    White supremacy
    Etc
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    Thank you. Makes sense now and is a true statement. Nice explanation. 
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    I would like to stand for 
    Etc 

too