Options

Bill Burr talks about the Swedish Royal Ship Vasa

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
edited August 2019 in All Encompassing Trip
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited August 2019
    Bill Burr talks about birds

https://youtu.be/IWFZ6b44U2Q
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,700
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Bill Burr talks about Eddie Vedders faces

https://youtu.be/ZX5KwUNgaCI
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    mickeyrat said:
    Went and visited her during the Fenway shows. It was a must for me. Can't pass on the opportunity to see the oldest ship in the Navy. Very cool and some parts, I can't help but to let my imagination run wild and put myself in the shoes of those who served before me. I got chosen to go there next week for a Navy event. Supposedly we will get to go underway and fire cannons and shit. Can't wait.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    mickeyrat said:
    Went and visited her during the Fenway shows. It was a must for me. Can't pass on the opportunity to see the oldest ship in the Navy. Very cool and some parts, I can't help but to let my imagination run wild and put myself in the shoes of those who served before me. I got chosen to go there next week for a Navy event. Supposedly we will get to go underway and fire cannons and shit. Can't wait.
    oh please report back your experience.

edit to add, just reread your post, you said served before me. Are you active, reserve or vet? Where were you stationed and when? What ship(s), deployments etc.....
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    I love this kind of Trivia!
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

edit to add, just reread your post, you said served before me. Are you active, reserve or vet? Where were you stationed and when? What ship(s), deployments etc.....
    Will do. Pretty pumped about the trip.

Active. Almost 13 years now. Was on the good ol' DDG77 out of Hawaii for six+ yrs where I deployed to the Middle East five times. Got stationed in South Jersey after where I worked side-by-side with Lockheed Martin for almost 4 years. Now I'm in Virginia Beach working mainly with European Ballistic Missile Defense. Once our station is ready, we will be deploying to Poland. Basically a ship's superstructure on land. Crazy to think all this started with the USS Constitution. A ship propelled by wind and now we're blowing shit up in outer space.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:no
    mickeyrat said:

Will do. Pretty pumped about the trip.

Active. Almost 13 years now. Was on the good ol' DDG77 out of Hawaii for six+ yrs where I deployed to the Middle East five times. Got stationed in South Jersey after where I worked side-by-side with Lockheed Martin for almost 4 years. Now I'm in Virginia Beach working mainly with European Ballistic Missile Defense. Once our station is ready, we will be deploying to Poland. Basically a ship's superstructure on land. Crazy to think all this started with the USS Constitution. A ship propelled by wind and now we're blowing shit up in outer space.
    attached to a broader NATO mission? Mixed service personnel? Being land based , it seems to be within USAF wheelhouse.

• Options
    Yes NATO mostly. It's a new-ish thing. All Navy. 
  • Options
    interesting. is there water anywhere near it? lake? river? something wet?

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha. Nope. These are buildings in a field. It's really neat and the capabilities are incredible.

One of these

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/aegis-combat-system/aegis-ashore.html
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    Ha. Nope. These are buildings in a field. It's really neat and the capabilities are incredible.

One of these

https://www.lockheedmartin.com/en-us/products/aegis-combat-system/aegis-ashore.html
    ahhhh. makes sense for squids then, albeit a bit dried.....

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,844
    mickeyrat said:
    I went too, it was really impressive.  I can’t imagine living in something like that.  Thank you for your service gentleman.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Bill Burr talks about how to break up with someone

https://youtu.be/LR465VIGlfo
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    That museum/ship is cool to see.  Loved visiting Stockholm.