Options

JAMES (The Band)

JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
Any James fan here?

They are an incredible live act.  It amazes me how they never really broke in the U.S.     They are touring the U.S. as co-headliners with the Psychedelic Furs at the moment.

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    I really loved their pre-hiatus output. Been pretty meh on their post hiatus stuff. 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    I really loved their pre-hiatus output. Been pretty meh on their post hiatus stuff. 

Pretty much sums it up for me. Absolutely love the pre-hiatus stuff.

I think they do ok here in the US, depending on what counts as good. Last time they came through Boston on their own, they sold out 2 nights at a 1,000 capacity club. They don't come through often, though.
  • Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 660

Spinning this incredible album
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 691
    Such a great live band too, been a few years since I saw them, but Tim Booth is an entertaining frontman. Not as familiar with the post hiatus material but the pre hiatus is very solid. Love their collaboration with Sinead O’Connor, subtle but impressive.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Prob about 5 to 10 years back, an old friend of mine saw them in Boston I think. She's a Super fan and was pulled up on stage. Glad for her. Not sure I know any of the songs.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    Loujoe said:
    Prob about 5 to 10 years back, an old friend of mine saw them in Boston I think. She's a Super fan and was pulled up on stage. Glad for her. Not sure I know any of the songs.
    If you listened to the radio in the 90s, I’m sure you heard “Laid”. That was a pretty big hit here. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,790
    Yes. I think I know that one from my dancin' days.. lol 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    It's been waaaaaaay too long since they toured the US
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Great band live!!..they love my town so much, believe it or not, they did this once..
    https://youtu.be/DePxyhUtkHI?si=FCZyc9dWLwu_bysd
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Great band live!!..they love my town so much, believe it or not, they did this once..
    Fabulous.. great live band indeed, worth the ticket just to see Tim Booth in full dance mode!
  • Options

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    beano.79 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Fabulous.. great live band indeed, worth the ticket just to see Tim Booth in full dance mode!
    He is a great dancer!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Booth and the bad angel is a really good album too
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Laid is an insanely overlooked album from the 90s. I think it's one of the best of the decade!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    So many great songs on that