Options

Parents of the Year...With Video Proof

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
edited July 2019 in A Moving Train
Charging bison tosses 9-year-old girl into the air at Yellowstone
https://torontosun.com/news/world/charging-bison-tosses-9-year-old-girl-into-air-at-yellowstone?fbclid=IwAR1A1IRIFlI9DuwLD15t_tgpNTRZj1gmV6KQF9cFWa1e2VL9AFc1YNzm0Do

These parents are fucking idiots...

Only a real dumbass would let a nine-year-old that close to a Bison and only a coward of a parent would run without securing the safety of their child...what a couple of cowards.

I love the comments from the newscast.

"she should put herself up for adoption" was a great comment.
Give Peas A Chance…
Post edited by Meltdown99 on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    Charging bison tosses 9-year-old girl into the air at Yellowstone
    https://torontosun.com/news/world/charging-bison-tosses-9-year-old-girl-into-air-at-yellowstone?fbclid=IwAR1A1IRIFlI9DuwLD15t_tgpNTRZj1gmV6KQF9cFWa1e2VL9AFc1YNzm0Do

These parents are fucking idiots...

Only a real dumbass would let a nine-year-old that close to a Bison and only a coward of a parent would run without securing the safety of their child...what a couple of cowards.

I love the comments from the newscast.

"she should put herself up for adoption" was a great comment.
    Yeah, I thought that comment was right on.  Really shitty parents.

But also, 50 really dumb people as well.  As the article says:

"Witnesses said roughly 50 people were 10 feet of the bison for about 20 minutes before it charged..."  

What the hell?!?!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
     did she end up sticking the landing?
  • Options
    I do not know about the landing...but the parents did not even look back...they must subscribe to the theory that when viewing wildlife make sure you are not the slowest in the group...douchebag parents, no surprise that are from Florida...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,999
    I enjoy nature and like to be up close as possible.

Petting a Bison though, is not on the list.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I do not know about the landing...but the parents did not even look back...they must subscribe to the theory that when viewing wildlife make sure you are not the slowest in the group...douchebag parents, no surprise that are from Florida...
    You don’t have to be faster than the bison, just faster than your 9-year-old child...
    Idiots...but you see people getting out of their cars all of the time in the National Parks, pestering the wildlife.  I, personally, prefer to sit back and watch, you know, the wildness.

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    You don’t have to be faster than the bison, just faster than your 9-year-old child...
    Idiots...but you see people getting out of their cars all of the time in the National Parks, pestering the wildlife.  I, personally, prefer to sit back and watch, you know, the wildness.

This!

I think it's cool that most people seem to love animals (obviously, because look how many of us have pets!), but I wonder if many people have a hard time understanding and accepting the importance of wildlife?  Is this another indicator of how humans seem to have this need to feel superior to nature and to control everything?  I think it is, and I think it is a major flaw in humans- one that will be a big factor in our own undoing as a species.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    Having been to Yellowstone multiple times I can honestly say I have seen this kind of idiocy more than once.
    Not surprising that this happened.
    Glad the girl is okay
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,481

Has it been confirmed that those people were the parents of the kid that got bounced?

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,999
    I think we are all jumping to conclusions here.

I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason why this all happened.

Let the parents explain their side please!
    /s
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,481
    I think we are all jumping to conclusions here.

I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason why this all happened.

Let the parents explain their side please!
    /s

I think everyone who was there, in the presence of that animal are dumb AF, for the record.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    The parents subscribe to the Buffalo theory where the weak are killed off and the strong survive.  Cliff can break it down for you. 
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited July 2019
    PJPOWER said:

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit?
    I don’t know what the f you are even talking about?  You seem awfully defensive today...having a meltdown?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    In total disbelief that the parents ran away...is it 100% confirmed the parents ran? If so, I hope  Child Protective Services gets involved.
  • Options
    Renfield said:
    In total disbelief that the parents ran away...is it 100% confirmed the parents ran? If so, I hope  Child Protective Services gets involved.
    Good point, Renfield.  Has it been confirmed?  Not to my knowledge. 

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    Parents didn't teach her to Serpentine? That's a crime right there.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,751
    fundamental question, was the bison put down? sure as fuck hope not. bison being bison shouldnt bring a death sentence.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    mickeyrat said:
    fundamental question, was the bison put down? sure as fuck hope not. bison being bison shouldnt bring a death sentence.
    No, they don't do that in National Parks. They know the people were not following the rules and the bison did nothing wrong.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    ...from Florida...