NVM

Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
edited July 2019 in A Moving Train

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2019/07/15/bastille-day-flying-soldier-hoverboard-vpx.cnn

Not sure if this is new technology, or been done before, but pretty amazing.

*Insert funny Back to the Future joke here.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

Post edited by Hi! on

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,918
    Impressed by how fluid and small it is.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    I gotta ask - those giving trump shit about the July 4th (rightfully so IMO)...what do you think about Bastille day.

For fucks sake they had a guy flying around with a weapon and no one bats an eye and talks about the flyboard only.  Something is seriously wrong with people.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I gotta ask - those giving trump shit about the July 4th (rightfully so IMO)...what do you think about Bastille day.

For fucks sake they had a guy flying around with a weapon and no one bats an eye and talks about the flyboard only.  Something is seriously wrong with people.
    Good point, I was just impressed with the technology.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,643

Well it seems to me it was a planned thing, doesnt it? I mean higher ups?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Yes a planned event...a planned even to have  a soldier flying around to show amazing technology and military superiority.  Just like Trump wanted from 4th of July. Just like the Chinese and NK do.  Crazy.  Not sure why they had to have that guy with a weapon.  Would have been amazing without it.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,956

He was a soldier, they have weapons.

That is really cool but all I can think about is over correcting on that thing and you're toast.

What if it decides to stop working when you are mid flight?

That is really cool but all I can think about is over correcting on that thing and you're toast.

Me thinks you are missing my point. ;)

hippiemom = goodness
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,956

Me thinks you are missing my point. ;)

Ahhhh, just re read what you wrote, got it!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,643
    mickeyrat said:

Yes a planned event...a planned even to have  a soldier flying around to show amazing technology and military superiority.  Just like Trump wanted from 4th of July. Just like the Chinese and NK do.  Crazy.  Not sure why they had to have that guy with a weapon.  Would have been amazing without it.  
    well a military showing is traditional for them, at least since AFTER WW2 with De Gaulle , invaded twice in less than 30 years. It does make sense in a cold war context.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,612

I thought of that as well...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

I don't think it's in good taste to do military parades anywhere. 

But I do think there is a difference in keeping on with a tradition and suddenly screaming "I WANT TANKS!" because one want's to be an admired dictator.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

But I do think there is a difference in keeping on with a tradition and suddenly screaming "I WANT TANKS!" because one want's to be an admired dictator.
    No argument on how stupid that is.  But I also think Bastille Day is stupid...well I mean the flying gun guy to show strength.

hippiemom = goodness

No argument on how stupid that is.  But I also think Bastille Day is stupid...well I mean the flying gun guy to show strength.

Maybe you didn't read Spider-Man growing up - but the flying guy is cool. Wanted him to throw around some pumpkins
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,275
    So because other nations hold these kinds of displays we should too ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    I was kind of hoping he would start tossing hand grenades at the crowd.  Make a real show of it!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    I'm with you.  In general I'm not a fan but I also don't really view this as signifying a move toward authoritarianism in France (someone let me know if I'm wrong; I'm not pretending to know a ton about France and its history).  My gut reaction is that this is not as ominous as parading tanks down the street in DC is.  For a third of the population, that event was celebrating Trump; not America.  And that's dangerous.  I don't view that as the same thing in France.

Another thing is that to a large degree, I try to worry about how clean my house is, not others.  It's kinda unrealistic to expect Americans to be as charged up about this going on in France as we are with what's going on here.  Certainly not when it doesn't appear likely to signify anything terrible to be on the horizon.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    We need these at our next 4th of July Parade. We can call them, Freedom Flyers. Dude could fly over the RNC tent and throw out handfuls of subpoenas.

Who said that?  
    hippiemom = goodness
    Hi! said:
    We need these at our next 4th of July Parade. We can call them, Freedom Flyers. Dude could fly over the RNC tent and throw out handfuls of subpoenas.
    Need these guys/gals flying above schools and movie theaters. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    Hi! said:
    Need these guys/gals flying above schools and movie theaters. ;)
    +1

My apologies. I seen this had already been brought up in the Democrat Candidate Thread. No reason for a new thread on it. 🥵Please take any further comments to Democratic Candidates Thread. Thank You.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    OnWis97 said:
    I'm with you.  In general I'm not a fan but I also don't really view this as signifying a move toward authoritarianism in France (someone let me know if I'm wrong; I'm not pretending to know a ton about France and its history).  My gut reaction is that this is not as ominous as parading tanks down the street in DC is.  For a third of the population, that event was celebrating Trump; not America.  And that's dangerous.  I don't view that as the same thing in France.

Another thing is that to a large degree, I try to worry about how clean my house is, not others.  It's kinda unrealistic to expect Americans to be as charged up about this going on in France as we are with what's going on here.  Certainly not when it doesn't appear likely to signify anything terrible to be on the horizon.
    France has always done this for Bastille Day, it's tradition. What Trump did was not.
    As for the amazing jet board thing - I love it, and I would say that is actually about France's technological advancement in general, and not meant to show off military awesomeness.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Hahahaha so it's ok to parade around the military and have a guy flying around with a gun for tradition sake. Hahahahaha! I wonder how traditions get started?
    hippiemom = goodness
    Hahahaha so it's ok to parade around the military and have a guy flying around with a gun for tradition sake. Hahahahaha! I wonder how traditions get started?
    Remember when you said: "Who said that?"  
    Still haven;t said anything of the sort.  But I guess the swedish schools suck.  I'm saying both are stupid and should be criticized the same otherwise you are just another hypocrite.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

edited July 2019
    Still haven;t said anything of the sort.  But I guess the swedish schools suck.  I'm saying both are stupid and should be criticized the same otherwise you are just another hypocrite.  

You said those exact words at 7:00 PM. 

So is it US schools who suck now instead?

Nope, your reading comprehension stinks though.  I know I said "Who said that".  I never said what either of you are implying by that statement.  That the USA should hold military displays because other nations do. 

Just a bunch of hypocrites loving bastille day and criticizing the same by the USA. Got it know?
    hippiemom = goodness
    edited July 2019

Nope, your reading comprehension stinks though.  I know I said "Who said that".  I never said what either of you are implying by that statement.  That the USA should hold military displays because other nations do. 

Just a bunch of hypocrites loving bastille day and criticizing the same by the USA. Got it know?
    I just reused your sentence in a new context. 

How is the reading comprehension in US schools? Shouldn't you agree US Schools suck now? Don't be like this. Be a stand up guy.

I just reused your sentence in a new context. 

How is the reading comprehension in US schools? Shouldn't you agree US Schools suck now? Don't be like this. Be a stand up guy.
    Stop being obtuse.  
    hippiemom = goodness