Anyone going to Farm Aid?

RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
This will be my first Farm Aid & I've always wanted to go to it,  but have always settled watching it on TV.
So Im elated because it's local for me, at my favorite Amphitheater Alpine Valley.

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Excellent, RYME!  Have a great time and give us your review of the event.  Looks like a great lineup yet again- Willie and Neil, of course.  Nice to see Bonnie Raitt is on the bill too!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I don't think I'll be going this time. I went a couple times back around 99-02. Whatever years they were in Tinley Park. I remember seeing Billy Ray Cyrus there one of the years...must have had a hard time pulling in acts that year. 

This year, the farmers in the midwest really need all the help they can get. The spring was soooooo damn wet that they were unable to plant until MUCH later. Some fields locally are still being planted or even worse, filled with weeds. It's a scary year for our family farms.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    I don't think I'll be going this time. I went a couple times back around 99-02. Whatever years they were in Tinley Park. I remember seeing Billy Ray Cyrus there one of the years...must have had a hard time pulling in acts that year. 

This year, the farmers in the midwest really need all the help they can get. The spring was soooooo damn wet that they were unable to plant until MUCH later. Some fields locally are still being planted or even worse, filled with weeds. It's a scary year for our family farms.
    Did you enjoy Billy Ray Cyrus? Lol
    This was my first opportunity based on its location. The tickets went super fast, I just barely squeaked by I think.
  • So sorry to hear the farms might have to go fallow for a year and happy to hear the music still reigns in the fields...