***Official Please Play Anywhere Thread***

yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
Seriously, anywhere on planet earth...
“May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    As long as it is Iceland or Tokyo.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Sorry, next show on the dark side of the moon, News Years eve 2019
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Seriously, they're still an active band? 
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I was hoping for another Jazzfest appearance next year but looks like the lineup is out and they're not on it 😖
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    yield2me said:
    I was hoping for another Jazzfest appearance next year but looks like the lineup is out and they're not on it 😖
    They should refuse to play in front of a SHELL logo.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Fresh take

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    No
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    edited July 2019
    Fresh take

They want to take five years off or say it's an indefinite hiatus, that's fine.

But at least address it at some point in time or at least address the forthcoming album error.

Or....

By making it seem like they are still active or an album is forthcoming are they trying to keep membership up while in reality they are at a 38:2 ratio of inactive vs active.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    They don't need to address anything. If they plan on making an album, then the album is forthcoming (even if its in the loosest sense). This band has never shared plans until things were concret. Its the way its always been. 

Also, to be fair, they've taken 1 year off. Also, I'm willing to be 10c is small potatoes compared to the fanbase as a whole. They ain't trying to maintain shit. 

• LizJLizJ Posts: 334
    Eddie said in Düsseldorf: we will be back next year. And someone also wrote something here like him saying the same (in Berlin I think). But with an additional “it won’t be June as it will be my daughters 16 th birthday”. So we can (at least) hope for Europe next year. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    LizJ said:
    Eddie said in Düsseldorf: we will be back next year. And someone also wrote something here like him saying the same (in Berlin I think). But with an additional “it won’t be June as it will be my daughters 16 th birthday”. So we can (at least) hope for Europe next year. 
    "We'll never not play Boise again."  EV , 2000.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    mcgruff10 said:
    LizJ said:
    "We'll never not play Boise again."  EV , 2000.
    Don’t worry. They haven’t played Fresno since 2000 either. But for that I can’t blame them. Fresno, it really does suck here. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    They don't need to address anything. If they plan on making an album, then the album is forthcoming (even if its in the loosest sense). This band has never shared plans until things were concret. Its the way its always been. 

Also, to be fair, they've taken 1 year off. Also, I'm willing to be 10c is small potatoes compared to the fanbase as a whole. They ain't trying to maintain shit. 

Sure they don't need to address anything. But when an error is made, it's considered by some polite to address the error or apologize. The band also has the luxury to take off a year+, work 26 shows, then another year+ off, because of its fans. Very few bands can afford to do that. That's why addressing the error is appropriate imo. It's just an opinion.

From others,  its considered appropriate to drive 30 mph over the speed limit and swipe you off the road. Whether you survive is up to your driving skills. Good luck.