Environmental Scan

vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202
Things seem pretty dire around these parts lately and for good reason. An album was promised and then nothing materialized. 

If if I were the author of Alternative Nation, the title of my thread would have been
Shocking Bombshell Desperate Situation Surrounding Associates of Pearl Jam Family. Only to have article inform us that things seem bleak on the Pearl Jam fan forum called the Porch.

But maybe we need to focus on being more supportive and positive? Instead of “worst song” and “last decent album” we should be saying things like good luck guys or the anticipation is driving us mad.

Meeting Ed in London, ON in July of 2013 was one of the thrills of my life. I was a boy when I first heard me some PJ and now I’m a man. The music like for many of you has been the soundtrack to my life. But like anything in life there comes a time to say thank you and goodbye. If that’s where we are at here (I don’t think we are) then we (fans) need to be grateful. 

Here is my wish: one more album called Eleven. Full of heartfelt, gut wrenching, opinionated songs inspired by the horrible losses these guys have had to deal with, the socio/political climate in the US and the stress that would put on them. I believe this has been a difficult record for them to cut(they have said as much) which is unfortunate for them, but could be magic when the needle touches down........

Either way album or no album

“there are places I remember all my life, but some have changed...In my life, I loved them all”

Comments