Now that Ed’s tour is over...

dr122931dr122931 Posts: 460
...when can we expect them to get back to the studio and finish the forthcoming album??

Comments

• KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,073
    My best guess is that they’re going to be in the studio in the fall and winter and you’ll see a late summer release before 2020 elections.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Hoping their plan is to spend the fall in a studio together somewhere. Time will tell.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
    Release May of 2020. Just like the self titled was. 

New single early 2020.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited July 2019
    Ed will sit on his hands until after the new year (ohana, world series, holidays, etc). 

Begin writing in early 2020, band stumbles along, records sporadically, a couple songs begin to take shape, first single spring of 2021, album released late summer 2021, holidays and world series so nothing happening for the rest of 2021, then they begin a tour of Australia in spring of 2022, followed by a Europe festival greatest hits cash-in tour in the summer of 2022, this is followed by two ballpark American shows: one east coast, one west then the band breaks up in private. We all assume they are still together but taking their time recording their new album. It is leaked that the band has broken up and rumors begin to persist until the band finally makes an official comment in the late 2020's at which point almost everyone will have forgotten them. 

A new mega tsunami of merchandise happens and the message board slowly becomes a shell of what it once was.

Not trying to be negative, and I hope I'm wrong, but that is honestly how I see things playing out given how the last five years have been largely inactive and lacking communication.
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    dear even flow i don't think you are negative at all. i know my opinion is not popular but i feel there is a problem here with this band. ed is making as much or more touring on his own. doesn't see a reason to tour with the boys . i don't think they get along as well as everyone thinks. it may only be a problem with one person but none the less extremely little touring and only ball parks ( which i personally don't like). it 's just my opinion and i hope i am wrong. 
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    time will tell
    danny d
  • MP188882MP188882 Posts: 62
    It's not a bad thing for the band to go away for awhile. When they do come back, I would love to see material on par with Avocado / Riot Act with serious (i.e. non-festival) touring plans to support their claim to the throne. 
    MP
    8/22/98 - Barrie, Ontario
    10/5/00 - Toronto, Ontario
    6/28/03 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/22/05 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
    9/11/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    9/12/11 - Toronto, Ontario
    7/31/12 - London, England (EV)
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, New York
    12/2/13 - Calgary, Alberta
    05/10/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    05/12/16 - Toronto, Ontario
    09/06/16 - Hamilton, Ontario
    09/08/22 - Toronto, Ontario

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Ed will sit on his hands until after the new year (ohana, world series, holidays, etc). 

Begin writing in early 2020, band stumbles along, records sporadically, a couple songs begin to take shape, first single spring of 2021, album released late summer 2021, holidays and world series so nothing happening for the rest of 2021, then they begin a tour of Australia in spring of 2022, followed by a Europe festival greatest hits cash-in tour in the summer of 2022, this is followed by two ballpark American shows: one east coast, one west then the band breaks up in private. We all assume they are still together but taking their time recording their new album. It is leaked that the band has broken up and rumors begin to persist until the band finally makes an official comment in the late 2020's at which point almost everyone will have forgotten them. 

A new mega tsunami of merchandise happens and the message board slowly becomes a shell of what it once was.

Not trying to be negative, and I hope I'm wrong, but that is honestly how I see things playing out given how the last five years have been largely inactive and lacking communication.
    I don't think this is negative. I think it is realistic. Ed has shown no interest at all in doing an album with the band, or an album solo. His well is dry. Hopefully he gets some inspiration and wants to start writing again at some point, but it ain't now. He has had no new solo material forever, and continues to tour on a couple of his solo songs, some PJ covers and other band covers. The band will continue to get together for a few fly-in shows each year to pay the bills, as nostalgia acts do, so we'll still get an occasional dose of live PJ, but I just don't see a flurry of band activity in the near future. I also hope I'm wrong, but reality has been saying otherwise.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    edited July 2019
    I love how we all "know" everything about Ed's personality, habits, emotions, & behavior and that it's his fault Pearl Jam hasn't released a new album.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    I love how we all "know" everything about Ed's personality, habits, emotions, & behavior and that it's his fault Pearl Jam hasn't released a new album.
    When one says "I hope I'm wrong...." that presupposes that one does not claim to know. This, like every tour thread, is a thread filled with pure speculation. Since the band isn't doing jack shit, there isn't any actual stuff to talk about, so speculative threads arise. That's the way the board has worked forever. If people only want to come here for fact and news, they'd be best served by waiting until after a tour or album announcement (and something more specific than "forthcoming").
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Posts: 296
    Now that the tour is over....lets get some 100% EV Mystery Boxes!!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited July 2019
    You complain and speculate about the Cubs without ceasing, why can’t people complain and speculate about their favorite band?  Are you in the locker room every day?  Do you know if the right reliever had a bad warm up session and that is why he wasn’t used in the game?  You just speculate on what you see on tv and at the game.  You make judgments based on the results of the game.   Well, we make judgments about Pearl Jam based on what we see as well.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • faithful2youfaithful2you Posts: 779
    jeffbr said:

I don't think this is negative. I think it is realistic. Ed has shown no interest at all in doing an album with the band, or an album solo. His well is dry. Hopefully he gets some inspiration and wants to start writing again at some point, but it ain't now. He has had no new solo material forever, and continues to tour on a couple of his solo songs, some PJ covers and other band covers. The band will continue to get together for a few fly-in shows each year to pay the bills, as nostalgia acts do, so we'll still get an occasional dose of live PJ, but I just don't see a flurry of band activity in the near future. I also hope I'm wrong, but reality has been saying otherwise.
    Told my wife this after the shows we went to in 2014.......Nostalgia Act.    Just felt different and everything over the past 4-5 years has just proven that to me.   I'm just surprised at who the culprit in the band is.  Everything I've heard is that everyone else has new material and has been trying to get back in the studio.              
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,673
    I hope that when (not if) a new album is released that the complaining about the new album is kept to a dull roar and that people will no longer refer to them as "boys".

edited July 2019
    You complain and speculate about the Cubs without ceasing, why can’t people complain and speculate about their favorite band?  Are you in the locker room every day?  Do you know if the right reliever had a bad warm up session and that is why he wasn’t used in the game?  You just speculate on what you see on tv and at the game.  You make judgments based on the results of the game.   Well, we make judgments about Pearl Jam based on what we see as well.
    Well, you got me there.  :i_dunno::lol:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Its Stone's fault.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I personally blame Boom. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,302
    BOOOOOOM goes the dynamite! The mic has officially been dropped. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,673
    I personally blame Boom. 
    F#$Kin boom
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,527
    I get the feeling they've got writers block.  They don't seem to be able to lock themselves in a studio and try to grind one out.   They book time see where it goes, then go deal with commitments they made that guarantee they can't stare at it for too long of a period.

I get the feeling they're a bit closer.. but they also struggle, so who knows :(
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
    Zod said:
    I get the feeling they've got writers block.  They don't seem to be able to lock themselves in a studio and try to grind one out.   They book time see where it goes, then go deal with commitments they made that guarantee they can't stare at it for too long of a period.

I get the feeling they're a bit closer.. but they also struggle, so who knows :(
    Still, David Lynch can hit Eddie up on Whatsapp and Eddie cranks out a beautiful tune.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    I admitted he got me, you don't have to rub it in! :lol:
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,302
    You're right, I don't have to. But I really wanted to. When it comes to not rubbing it in, I have the equivalent of Baez's plate discipline and Strop's control. :lol:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    You're right, I don't have to. But I really wanted to. When it comes to not rubbing it in, I have the equivalent of Baez's plate discipline and Strop's control. :lol:
    :rofl: