Joe Biden comes of pretty damn good here (Chris Cuomo interview)

2»

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:
    That interviewer... (is that Cuomo?  I don't know, CNN is pretty irritating.  I read the Guardian and BBC news.)...  Biden does well enough up against the guy.  These interviewers though that sound like they just want to argue.  Ugh, to 2010's.

If Biden gets the nod from the dems, he's got my vote.  Biden or Trump.  Ha!  Not even a question.
    It's frustrating watching these interviewers try from numerous different angles to fish for a soundbite they can put on one of their fourteen scrolling tickers with a tweet's worth of news. I wish the mainstream media would invest in teaching the public what quality journalism looks like, rather than delivering cheap entertainment instead.
    Great point Ben.

To me, this is an example of what good journalism looks like:
    Dan Rather
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:
    That interviewer... (is that Cuomo?  I don't know, CNN is pretty irritating.  I read the Guardian and BBC news.)...  Biden does well enough up against the guy.  These interviewers though that sound like they just want to argue.  Ugh, to 2010's.

If Biden gets the nod from the dems, he's got my vote.  Biden or Trump.  Ha!  Not even a question.
    It's frustrating watching these interviewers try from numerous different angles to fish for a soundbite they can put on one of their fourteen scrolling tickers with a tweet's worth of news. I wish the mainstream media would invest in teaching the public what quality journalism looks like, rather than delivering cheap entertainment instead.
    Great point Ben.

Dan Rather
    Yeah, his story on Bush’s national guard service was about as sweet as Comey coming out a couple of weeks before the election.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    brianlux said:
    benjs said:
    brianlux said:

Great point Ben.

Dan Rather
    Shit went downhill after this guy's unfortunate passing..

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

Biden Apologizes for Comments About Segregationists, Part 1

https://youtu.be/26fy_-h3ZXI
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    Well I'd hope a guy that's been in politics since the 70's could manage to come off good in an interview. Man, the bar sure seems low for Joe. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    Politically speaking, Joe Biden is a Dead Man Walking.
    https://youtu.be/h9TpHBLq5yE