Has Store Ever Been This Thin?

epieepie Posts: 294
Not much going on these days in the store in all categories?  Is this the slowest it has been in awhile?
1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
2016 - Fenway Park I and II
2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
2023 - Austin, TX I & II

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    I have a feeling Record Store Day Vinyl coming soon

You would think mystery boxes = making room for new gear

i think(hope) 2020 busy all around 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
    Come visit the UK/EU store.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,758
    epie said:
    Not much going on these days in the store in all categories?  Is this the slowest it has been in awhile?
    10c seems to be smart and minimizes stock. With no US tour this year, it tracks that there is very "little" in the store
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    While I loved getting my mystery box it amazes me that they had all that merch just sitting there and never put it up in the shop, sure some of it wouldn't have lasted long, but at least it would have been available. It makes you wonder how much stuff they just have laying around that for whatever reason isn't in the shop. And some of the mystery box merch, especially some of the posters, were from years ago, so very strange they were never in the shop, but that's pearl jam...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    my_wave said:
    While I loved getting my mystery box it amazes me that they had all that merch just sitting there and never put it up in the shop, sure some of it wouldn't have lasted long, but at least it would have been available. It makes you wonder how much stuff they just have laying around that for whatever reason isn't in the shop. And some of the mystery box merch, especially some of the posters, were from years ago, so very strange they were never in the shop, but that's pearl jam...
    I have a feeling that there's a lot more stuff just laying around.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    mfc2006 said:
    my_wave said:

Last year's poster sales, for one...and it wasn't just current stuff.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    mfc2006 said:
    my_wave said:
      For sure!!
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    uk store is worse
    danny d
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    It’s hilarious that there’s a new thread complaining about too much merch and one about not enough merch... 
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,280

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163

Haha. I guess this is from the overly long Walk Hard?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,280
    Yes!! I love that movie. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,836
    The 2019 EV leftovers will be arriving in the store soon, I’m sure. Barcelona/Madrid posters will probably be readily available while others sell out fast.