Options

When was the last Ten Club Newsletter?

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited October 2008 in The Porch
It just got me thinking. My girlfriend and I cooked the banana bread recipe from one of them and it got me thinking. My life has been so crazy I can't remember the last one and what it was about or when another one should be coming around.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    It was a LONG time ago (dont they still owe us the second half of the interview between Stone and Josh Homme?--that's one of the few times I've actually read a newsletter).

anyways, I would much rather have the monthly LATEST FROM THE TEN CLUB emails that we have started getting. at least they contain news, and I am dreaming of the day we get one that says "The vault is now open!"
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    lowlight10 wrote:
    anyways, I would much rather have the monthly LATEST FROM THE TEN CLUB emails that we have started getting. at least they contain news, and I am dreaming of the day we get one that says "The vault is now open!"

I prefer the email updates too. Maybe they should just drop the idea of the newsletter all together and put that effort to keeping up the Latest News emails, and then any feature that might be in the newsletter (interviews, recipies) can just go up on the website (linked from the email of course).
  • Options
    I don't think either myself or my husband have received one and he has been a member for about a year now.
    "I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on"

6/11/08 West Palm
  • Options
    Hmm... we must be due one soon... I thought there was supposed to be two a year?! :confused:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    I can't even remember what was in it.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    The last one was last November-ish I think?
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    The last one was last November-ish I think?

It was.

As I said though, Tenclub membership advertises that TWO newsletters are sent out every year... where's our other one?! :confused:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    lowlight10 wrote:
    It was a LONG time ago (dont they still owe us the second half of the interview between Stone and Josh Homme?--that's one of the few times I've actually read a newsletter).

anyways, I would much rather have the monthly LATEST FROM THE TEN CLUB emails that we have started getting. at least they contain news, and I am dreaming of the day we get one that says "The vault is now open!"[/quote

cant see us receving it now!
    danny d
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,690
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,175
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

LoL

I think i received a DEEP newsletter about 2 years ago, before Lollapalooza.

However, my sister who's also a member did not receive one that year.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    The last issue of Deep says "Winter/Spring 2007" so it's been awhile. Technically there should have been a Summer/Fall 2007 issue and a Winter/Spring 2008 issue by now. And a Summer/Fall 2008 issue on the way.
    Sam
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Hmm... we must be due one soon... I thought there was supposed to be two a year?! :confused:

i didnt get any 2008s yet
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    samnation wrote:
    The last issue of Deep says "Winter/Spring 2007" so it's been awhile. Technically there should have been a Summer/Fall 2007 issue and a Winter/Spring 2008 issue by now. And a Summer/Fall 2008 issue on the way.

oh phewwww
    i thought i didn't get one b/c i changed addresses
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011