I predict Harris/Biden 2020

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,608
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Are those not "layman's" terms? Faux News is the most widely watched "news" network so you need to dumb things down to their simplest form. No biggie, it'll all be forgotten next week when Shamrock Shakes make their return.

How would anyone on here describe the situation in Ukraine "in layman's terms?"

No, thats not laymen’s terms.

I wouldn’t start by explaining Ukraine is a country and had boarders and finish it’s wrong to be invaded.

Probably talk about the history of the countries and why Ukraine isn’t part of NATO and why Europe hasn’t gone to full out war yet. Talk about the risk of helping too much and what may happen if Putin wins this war. That’s how I’d explain it. Laymen doesn’t mean special Ed.
    Skate boarders or Surf boarders? How are the swells on the Black Sea?
    Yes, focus on a typo from a phone to validate the ridiculous answer she gave. Borders. Better?
    Yea, focus on a truncated quote tweeted by the RNC. How many people who received the tweet actually went to read the full context, do you guess? Here's the full exchange (my bold is what was left out, plus everything below it):

Ukraine & Russia Invasion Explained & Affect on the United States

The Morning Hustle: If you’re watching any level of news, even social media, you’ve seen everything that’s going on right now in Ukraine, break it down in layman’s terms for people who don’t understand what’s going on, and how can this directly affect the people the United States.?

VP Kamala Harris: Ukraine is a country in Europe that exists next to another country called Russia, Russia is a bigger country, Russia is a powerful country, Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So basically, that’s wrong. And it goes against everything that we stand for their terms that we use, we say we respect the sovereignty, the territorial integrity of countries, right, their independence.

Russia has gone into Ukraine, militarily unprovoked with no justification other than to exercise its power to take over another country. So essentially, that’s what’s at stake. And we as America are saying that’s wrong. And we will stand with Ukraine in saying that that is wrong. But that’s essentially where we are. That’s essentially the issue. And when it comes to what we know to be principles of fairness, we know that what Russia is doing is wrong.

What Needs To Happen Next For Ukraine?

When it comes to what needs to happen, then well, there needs to be severe consequences and accountability. And that’s why you’ll hear on the news that we talk about sanctions, which is basically having Russia pay a financial cost to the point that we can have a real impact put a real hurt on their economy as a consequence of their bad behavior, which is resulting in the loss of innocent lives.

Russian Sanctions Explained

The Morning Hustle: And some people did question those sanctions because they said that you had a conflicting opinion against President Joe Biden. He said that the sanctions were put in place to prevent anything from happening. And you said the opposite. So which one is it?

VP Kamala Harris: We have sanctions before the actual invasion, we threatened sanctions to hopefully deter Russia from going in. So we basically, you know, like, if you’re a parent and you tell your children, well, if you do this, the punishment is going to be that right. And we hope that doing that will deter our children from doing the wrong thing. Right. So that’s a deterrent.

So that’s where we started with the sanctions. But then when Russia actually went in, we are now implementing the sanctions right under still putting them in place.

Likelihood Of Military Draft

The Morning Hustle: Vice President Harris, there are a lot of young Americans who are worried that maybe at some point, maybe a draft might have to be initiated, let’s just say we do have to put boots on the ground and gear up if Russia gets some of its, you know, evil homeboys in on the action, right? What’s the likelihood of that?

VP Kamala Harris: There has been no discussion about a draft. And I will tell you also that our position right now is that we’re not sending American troops into Ukraine, we are supplying them with weaponry, we are supplying them with what we call humanitarian aid, meaning, whatever help we can give the families there in terms of their daily lives. But we do not intend to put American troops on the ground in Ukraine in this war.

Attention spans, critical thinking, education levels. None of that matters.

I didn’t link a tweet, I don’t even have Twitter. I linked the show’s website.
    Regardless of who linked what, the RNC's tweet is "special ed." And prior to your linking the show's website, what was the topic of conversation? The RNC tweet, correct?

So now that we see the VP's full answer, how would you have explained it differently, in "laymen's terms," realizing you wouldn't begin with "Ukraine is a country?"
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,013
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Are those not "layman's" terms? Faux News is the most widely watched "news" network so you need to dumb things down to their simplest form. No biggie, it'll all be forgotten next week when Shamrock Shakes make their return.

I wouldn’t start by explaining Ukraine is a country and had boarders and finish it’s wrong to be invaded.

Probably talk about the history of the countries and why Ukraine isn’t part of NATO and why Europe hasn’t gone to full out war yet. Talk about the risk of helping too much and what may happen if Putin wins this war. That’s how I’d explain it. Laymen doesn’t mean special Ed.
    Yes, focus on a typo from a phone to validate the ridiculous answer she gave. Borders. Better?
    Yea, focus on a truncated quote tweeted by the RNC. How many people who received the tweet actually went to read the full context, do you guess? Here's the full exchange (my bold is what was left out, plus everything below it):

The Morning Hustle: If you’re watching any level of news, even social media, you’ve seen everything that’s going on right now in Ukraine, break it down in layman’s terms for people who don’t understand what’s going on, and how can this directly affect the people the United States.?

VP Kamala Harris: Ukraine is a country in Europe that exists next to another country called Russia, Russia is a bigger country, Russia is a powerful country, Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So basically, that’s wrong. And it goes against everything that we stand for their terms that we use, we say we respect the sovereignty, the territorial integrity of countries, right, their independence.

Russia has gone into Ukraine, militarily unprovoked with no justification other than to exercise its power to take over another country. So essentially, that’s what’s at stake. And we as America are saying that’s wrong. And we will stand with Ukraine in saying that that is wrong. But that’s essentially where we are. That’s essentially the issue. And when it comes to what we know to be principles of fairness, we know that what Russia is doing is wrong.

When it comes to what needs to happen, then well, there needs to be severe consequences and accountability. And that’s why you’ll hear on the news that we talk about sanctions, which is basically having Russia pay a financial cost to the point that we can have a real impact put a real hurt on their economy as a consequence of their bad behavior, which is resulting in the loss of innocent lives.

The Morning Hustle: And some people did question those sanctions because they said that you had a conflicting opinion against President Joe Biden. He said that the sanctions were put in place to prevent anything from happening. And you said the opposite. So which one is it?

VP Kamala Harris: We have sanctions before the actual invasion, we threatened sanctions to hopefully deter Russia from going in. So we basically, you know, like, if you’re a parent and you tell your children, well, if you do this, the punishment is going to be that right. And we hope that doing that will deter our children from doing the wrong thing. Right. So that’s a deterrent.

So that’s where we started with the sanctions. But then when Russia actually went in, we are now implementing the sanctions right under still putting them in place.

The Morning Hustle: Vice President Harris, there are a lot of young Americans who are worried that maybe at some point, maybe a draft might have to be initiated, let’s just say we do have to put boots on the ground and gear up if Russia gets some of its, you know, evil homeboys in on the action, right? What’s the likelihood of that?

VP Kamala Harris: There has been no discussion about a draft. And I will tell you also that our position right now is that we’re not sending American troops into Ukraine, we are supplying them with weaponry, we are supplying them with what we call humanitarian aid, meaning, whatever help we can give the families there in terms of their daily lives. But we do not intend to put American troops on the ground in Ukraine in this war.

Regardless of who linked what, the RNC's tweet is "special ed." And prior to your linking the show's website, what was the topic of conversation? The RNC tweet, correct?

So now that we see the VP's full answer, how would you have explained it differently, in "laymen's terms," realizing you wouldn't begin with "Ukraine is a country?"
    No one linked an RNC tweet, so I don’t know why you keep being it up. You said regardless of who linked what, then keep bringing it up. 
    The topic of conversation was her elementary answer. I copied and pasted her opening comments directly from the shows website. I haven’t seen a single RNC tweet on here. I actually have no idea what you’re talking about when you keep bringing up the RNC when we’re talking about Harris.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Did you predict this response?

VP Kamala Harris: Ukraine is a country in Europe that exists next to another country called Russia, Russia is a bigger country, Russia is a powerful country, Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So basically, that’s wrong.
    haha when did this 3rd grade book report get presented?
    A week or two ago. She was asked to break it down in layman's terms, and boy did she....

For Mace. Prior to your posting the link you forgot, this was posted.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

No one linked an RNC tweet, so I don’t know why you keep being it up. You said regardless of who linked what, then keep bringing it up. 
    The topic of conversation was her elementary answer. I copied and pasted her opening comments directly from the shows website. I haven’t seen a single RNC tweet on here. I actually have no idea what you’re talking about when you keep bringing up the RNC when we’re talking about Harris.
    You posted a portion of her opening comments. Just like the RNCResearch tweet did. How did you come across the VP's comments. Do you listen to Black radio?

You posted:

VP Kamala Harris: Ukraine is a country in Europe that exists next to another country called Russia, Russia is a bigger country, Russia is a powerful country, Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So basically, that’s wrong.

Then this:

It was about a weeks go. The show’s host asked her to break down what was going on for the listeners. Of an adult talk radio show, not as a guest in a first grade classroom.

And this:

Europe has to feel confident knowing she’s the one we sent over to assess the situation after hearing that.

And finally this:

I meant to include a link to the show’s website where I got the transcript of her answer when I posted for anyone who hadn’t heard this answer. Sorry about that.
    https://themorninghustle.com/636368/kamala-harris-talks-possible-draft-scotus-nomination-ukraine-update/amp/

How did you originally hear about her comments as you posted in your first post above?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

You posted a portion of her opening comments. Just like the RNCResearch tweet did. How did you come across the VP's comments. Do you listen to Black radio?

You posted:

Then this:

It was about a weeks go. The show’s host asked her to break down what was going on for the listeners. Of an adult talk radio show, not as a guest in a first grade classroom.

And this:

Europe has to feel confident knowing she’s the one we sent over to assess the situation after hearing that.

And finally this:

I meant to include a link to the show’s website where I got the transcript of her answer when I posted for anyone who hadn’t heard this answer. Sorry about that.
    https://themorninghustle.com/636368/kamala-harris-talks-possible-draft-scotus-nomination-ukraine-update/amp/

How did you originally hear about her comments as you posted in your first post above?
    Someone told me about it last night. I googled “Harris Ukraine Radio” saw that the show was The Morning Hustle. So I did a second Google search of “Harris Ukraine Morning Hustle” and one of the top searches was the show’s website. 
    I read the transcript, copied the portion that was as if she was taking to a kindergarten class and pasted it.
    It took about 2 minutes of effort. I’m not on Twitter, never saw a tween from the RNC. A lot of people are making fun of her if you Google it, not just the RNC.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,284
    Betting the original "someone" saw it on Facebook. lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

You posted:

Then this:

And this:

And finally this:

Someone told me about it last night. I googled “Harris Ukraine Radio” saw that the show was The Morning Hustle. So I did a second Google search of “Harris Ukraine Morning Hustle” and one of the top searches was the show’s website. 
    I read the transcript, copied the portion that was as if she was taking to a kindergarten class and pasted it.
    It took about 2 minutes of effort. I’m not on Twitter, never saw a tween from the RNC. A lot of people are making fun of her if you Google it, not just the RNC.

mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

Why not just post the full quote in context?  It seems like you went out of your way to act as if the cut portion of the text was the entirety of the layman's explanation. The full quote is much less ridiculous than what you alleged her clipped explanation to be.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

You posted:

Then this:

And this:

And finally this:

But you also misrepresented her answer to the question because you only posted a portion of her initial answer and none of what followed. No better than what the tweet was from the RNC that was posted prior to your posting the link to the radio program’s transcript.

2 minutes to either be misinformed or disingenuous. Maybe both?

I’m sure you don’t see an issue with this.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Seems a tad...disingenuous if you ask me. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    mace1229 said:

A week or two ago. She was asked to break it down in layman's terms, and boy did she....

I just never saw it when multiple posts coming in at the same time it’s easy to miss a couple. Doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.
     You said I was focusing on a tweet and got my info from there. I didn’t, never saw it. People are making fun of this everywhere, don’t need to follow the RNC to see it.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

You posted:

Then this:

And this:

And finally this:

But you also misrepresented her answer to the question because you only posted a portion of her initial answer and none of what followed. No better than what the tweet was from the RNC that was posted prior to your posting the link to the radio program’s transcript.

It was a funny answer. And I posted about half of it. The other half was saying it’s wrong and we stand with Ukraine and not much better than the first half. When someone gives a first-grade level response can we not have a good laugh anymore?

Here’s her full answer. I’m still not very impressed.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I just never saw it when multiple posts coming in at the same time it’s easy to miss a couple. Doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.
     You said I was focusing on a tweet and got my info from there. I didn’t, never saw it.
    You made my references to the RNC a “big deal,” not me.

It’s a big deal to misrepresent someone’s answer by only posting a portion of their answer, in effect taking it out of context or purposely misrepresenting the facts.

A poster could be banned for altering your post or editing it to represent or portend to mean something that it doesn’t, correct? If you’re okay with how the VP’s answer has been represented, then you should be okay with your posts either not being quoted in full or selectively edited, right?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    static111 said:
    mace1229 said:

You posted:

Then this:

And this:

And finally this:

It was a funny answer. And I posted about half of it. The other half was saying it’s wrong and we stand with Ukraine and not much better than the first half. When someone gives a first-grade level response can we not have a good laugh anymore?

Here’s her full answer. I’m still not very impressed.

Yuck, yuck, ha, ha, funny! I already posted her full answer.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    "People are making fun of this everywhere?" 

Where? The Ben Shapiro podcast? Megyn Kelly's podcast? Rightwing Facebook? I haven't seen or heard anything about this until this thread. 

She was on some morning zoo radio show for five minutes and was asked to explain what's happening in laymens terms. Perhaps she put in extra laymens terms, but....so what? 

This is a good example of why Republicans are better at keeping their voters in line. They don't care about stuff that actually matters. It's culture war bullshit like this that captures their attention. This is especially true if everyone is actually still talking about it two weeks later.

Good god. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

You said I was focusing on a tweet and got my info from there. I didn’t, never saw it.
    You made my references to the RNC a “big deal,” not me.

It’s a big deal to misrepresent someone’s answer by only posting a portion of their answer, in effect taking it out of context or purposely misrepresenting the facts.

A poster could be banned for altering your post or editing it to represent or portend to mean something that it doesn’t, correct? If you’re okay with how the VP’s answer has been represented, then you should be okay with your posts either not being quoted in full or selectively edited, right?
    Please don’t just quote 2 words from my posts. If you’re going to quote me, please use the quote in it’s entirety. Here’s what I said about making it a big deal. :
    ” No one linked an RNC tweet, so I don’t know why you keep being it up. You said regardless of who linked what, then keep bringing it up. 
    The topic of conversation was her elementary answer. I copied and pasted her opening comments directly from the shows website. I haven’t seen a single RNC tweet on here. I actually have no idea what you’re talking about when you keep bringing up the RNC when we’re talking about Harris.”. And “I just never saw it when multiple posts coming in at the same time it’s easy to miss a couple. Doesn’t seem like a big deal to me.
     You said I was focusing on a tweet and got my info from there. I didn’t, never saw it. People are making fun of this everywhere, don’t need to follow the RNC to see it.“
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

Where? The Ben Shapiro podcast? Megyn Kelly's podcast? Rightwing Facebook? I haven't seen or heard anything about this until this thread. 

She was on some morning zoo radio show for five minutes and was asked to explain what's happening in laymens terms. Perhaps she put in extra laymens terms, but....so what? 

This is a good example of why Republicans are better at keeping their voters in line. They don't care about stuff that actually matters. It's culture war bullshit like this that captures their attention. This is especially true if everyone is actually still talking about it two weeks later.

Good god. 
    when this first got started, I had a laugh and then asked for more context. I was told I didn't need it. And I agree, to some extent. I mean, layman doesn't mean "speaking to a child". it just means an easily understandable version that anyone without prior knowledge can get. "russia is a big country" is kind of a ridiculous way of putting it. 

sure, she goes on to speak in terms that are more in line with her position. But come on, you can't see how this is worthy of a little elbow in the ribs? I see literally no one making a "big deal" out of it. Just making fun of it. this place (and liberals in general) pick apart literally every single thing Trump said for 4 years. and yeah, some of it was way overblown. 

this place STILL posts memes of Pence and the fly on his head. but get all up in arms when conservatives make fun of joe tripping up the stairs. so come on, saying this is disingenuous is, well....disingenuous. 

this isn't culture war shit. this is making fun of a silly thing the VP said. that's it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Good god. 
    when this first got started, I had a laugh and then asked for more context. I was told I didn't need it. And I agree, to some extent. I mean, layman doesn't mean "speaking to a child". it just means an easily understandable version that anyone without prior knowledge can get. "russia is a big country" is kind of a ridiculous way of putting it. 

sure, she goes on to speak in terms that are more in line with her position. But come on, you can't see how this is worthy of a little elbow in the ribs? I see literally no one making a "big deal" out of it. Just making fun of it. this place (and liberals in general) pick apart literally every single thing Trump said for 4 years. and yeah, some of it was way overblown. 

this place STILL posts memes of Pence and the fly on his head. but get all up in arms when conservatives make fun of joe tripping up the stairs. so come on, saying this is disingenuous is, well....disingenuous. 

this isn't culture war shit. this is making fun of a silly thing the VP said. that's it. 
    Mace never said it was funny until a post or two ago. He called her response “special Ed.” He also didn’t post the full answer to the question of explaining it in “layman’s terms.”

Sorry, but not same, same.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Good god. 

Thank you. Exactly my reason for bringing it up. It’s funny, and good for a little laugh. 
  • Options

Good god. 

Mace never said it was funny until a post or two ago. He called her response “special Ed.” He also didn’t post the full answer to the question of explaining it in “layman’s terms.”

yes, we've all figured out by now that you have certain requirements for people to post under otherwise you are allowed to assume what you want carte blanche. 

just because he didn't write "this was funny, no big deal" in bright colours in the sky, doesn't automatically mean he was outraged. there is grey area in the world, you know. visit it sometime. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 2022

Good god. 

According to Mace, "everyone is making fun of this" and it's been almost two weeks now. So, if that is true, yeah I think people are making a big deal out of it. If it is not true, then, well, that's on the mace man. 

Comparing this to the fly on Pence's head or something Trump said is laughable, Hugh. She was asked to respond in laymens terms. She did. The full context quote isn't even all that bad, considering the kind of interview and time constraint. Trump, on the other hand,  speaks in laymens terms literally every time he opens his mouth. He went off on a tangent about windmills yesterday when asked about Ukraine for crying out loud. lol 

And this is not some late night comedian we are talking about here, either. This is the fucking RNC purposefully taking something our VP said out of context to make her look bad, while we are in the middle of a world conflict. It is another example of their disingenuous attempts to divide us further and distract us from things that matter. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Good god. 

According to Mace, "everyone is making fun of this" and it's been almost two weeks now. So, if that is true, yeah I think people are making a big deal out of it. If it is not true, then, well, that's on the mace man. 

Comparing this to the fly on Pence's head or something Trump said is laughable, Hugh. She was asked to respond in laymens terms. She did. The full context quote isn't even all that bad, considering the kind of interview and time constraint. Trump, on the other hand,  speaks in laymens terms literally every time he opens his mouth. He went off on a tangent about windmills yesterday when asked about Ukraine for crying out loud. lol 

And this is not some late night comedian we are talking about here, either. This is the fucking RNC purposefully taking something our VP said out of context to make her look bad, while we are in the middle of a world conflict. It is another example of their disingenuous attempts to divide us further and distract us from things that matter. 
    “Everyone is making fun of this” doesn’t literally mean everyone. It’s an expression. If you try to Google her quotes there are dozens of different sources, including several different YouTube videos with many comments laughing at it. So not literally everyone. But people are having a good laugh. 
    A lot of people made fun of Swalwell’s fart on live TV too, but I don’t think anyone thought it was a big deal.
    We disagree on what a good response for layman’s terms would be. Not the first time we disagree. Let’s move on.
  • Options

Good god. 

yes, we've all figured out by now that you have certain requirements for people to post under otherwise you are allowed to assume what you want carte blanche. 

just because he didn't write "this was funny, no big deal" in bright colours in the sky, doesn't automatically mean he was outraged. there is grey area in the world, you know. visit it sometime. 
    I have no requirements, never mind "certain" requirements, for people to post. I'm not the mod. No, he didn't post the full answer to the question. Why was that? Because I'll speculate, as Static pointed out, it doesn't sound as "funny" as just the first part of her answer. Disingenuous. He could have posted the full answer and then yucked it up.

I hope y'all look forward to my selectively edited posts of statements, answers to questions and news articles. This'll be fun. To yuck it up, of course. No bright colours in the sky needed.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Good god. 

I admire your patience.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    mace1229 said:

Good god. 

“Everyone is making fun of this” doesn’t literally mean everyone. It’s an expression. If you try to Google her quotes there are dozens of different sources, including several different YouTube videos with many comments laughing at it. So not literally everyone. But people are having a good laugh. 
    A lot of people made fun of Swalwell’s fart on live TV too, but I don’t think anyone thought it was a big deal.
    We disagree on what a good response for layman’s terms would be. Not the first time we disagree. Let’s move on.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

"Everyone is making fun of this" and yet this thread is the first I've heard of it. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

"Everyone is making fun of this" and yet this thread is the first I've heard of it. 
    This.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    .Stuck in quote hell. NVM.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I suppose some people think they get their news/current events from the exact same sources. I often hear of something "everyone is talking about" here first. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I suppose some people think they get their news/current events from the exact same sources. I often hear of something "everyone is talking about" here first. 

The idea that everyone was/is making fun of her for this is ridiculous Hugh. Hardly any news sources bothered to even mention it. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Oh jeez. Here you go. Apparently right wing twitter was going nuts about this ten days ago (not currently)Be prepared that clicking this link will likely induce projectile omitting so you might want to throw a tarp over your monitor first. 

https://www.mediamatters.org/russias-invasion-ukraine/deceptively-edited-viral-video-watch-vp-kamala-harris-and-ukraine-edition

Deceptively-edited viral video watch: VP Kamala Harris and Ukraine edition

Right-wing pundits and commentators are trying to send viral a soundbite of Vice President Kamala Harris responding to a request for a “layman’s terms” explanation to accuse her of having “kindergarten-level insight” into the violent conflict taking place in Ukraine.

On the podcast The Morning Hustle, the vice president was asked to explain the conflict in Ukraine in a way that listeners without extensive knowledge of the news would understand. Harris said Russia’s unilateral, unprovoked invasion of Ukraine constituted a violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty, and she explained some of the common terminology listeners might hear in coverage of the conflict. Harris also explained that sanctions were being put in place by the American government in an effort to levy consequences on Russia for the decision to invade an independent nation.

While many observers quickly noted how the outrage was based on misleading context, right-wing actors giddily shared Harris’ explanation of Ukraine’s location and situation in relation to Russia and accused her of giving a “child-like” explanation of the conflict, despite the interviewer’s question. The clip has been widely circulated by right-wing pundits and media organizations and personalities, including Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), former press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, The Federalist’s Mollie Hemmingway, the Republican National Committee, and The Daily Wire.

chinese-happy.jpg