MSG Night 2 2008

Hello again, I know there were a lot of comments on the night 1 thread, but now we’ll be covering night 2 of this MSG show this week for Live On 4 Legs. This was my first ever show so I have a lot to say about it. If you have anything to share, start the conversation below or shoot us an email at liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com. We pulled and 0fer on stories the last two weeks, so looking forward to hopefully getting some participation in this one.

I’ll start off by saying Better Man was one of the best moments of the night. Ed just being Ed able to laugh at himself for fucking up the first line, and the crowd’s response was perfect. I know people talk about the 2010 Better Man and rightly so, but this one to me is just as incredible.
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Waited for a poster wristband for 3 hours.  Reserved seats on the floor, 3 rows from the very back.  Such a shitty show.  The No More, Last Kiss, Why Go, Black Diamond stretch was brutal.  Just brutal.  Full WMA was my highlight.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    edited June 2019
    2008 msg Shows were bad. Worst of the msg shows and I have been every one.  Op too bad you weren’t at 98/03
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    mcgruff10 said:
    2008 msg Shows were bad. Worst of the msg shows and I have been every one.  Op too bad you weren’t at 98/03
    Night 2 was really good. I can understand why people didn’t enjoy Night 1, the first set was poorly constructed. Some things were unfortunately doubled up on both nights that didn’t need to be like the singers and No More and a few other songs that don’t make sense for a two night stay. But the band was on point for much of this night. Could possibly be the best Cameron solo on Even Flow, the Better Man stuff was incredible, and say what you want about Kiss but Ace Frehly doesn’t just show up to do stuff like this. He might not be Sting, but it was still pretty damn memorable.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

Memorable if you are a kiss fan but other wise, meh.  
  • CharliePCharlieP Posts: 1,035
    I actually dug the first night better. Set was unpredictable. Flying in from Denmark it was some pretty memorable shows. I had a good time

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    i loved being in nyc watching pj

Love is all you need.....
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I just turned 18 and got on a plane from London and went to MSG shows then Hartford and Boston. Was so epic, my first time in NY as well. Really cool to hear WMA on this tour and BLACK DIAMOND!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
    mcgruff10 said:
    Night 2 was really good. I can understand why people didn’t enjoy Night 1, the first set was poorly constructed. Some things were unfortunately doubled up on both nights that didn’t need to be like the singers and No More and a few other songs that don’t make sense for a two night stay. But the band was on point for much of this night. Could possibly be the best Cameron solo on Even Flow, the Better Man stuff was incredible, and say what you want about Kiss but Ace Frehly doesn’t just show up to do stuff like this. He might not be Sting, but it was still pretty damn memorable.
    Ace Frehley showing up > Sting
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,958
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was there for both.  Sting was better. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    Sting or Ace Frehley would be a perfect bathroom break time. Never liked either band or artist. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was unimpressed by both.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I was unimpressed by both.  
    I just can’t get into anything related to Kiss.  The Police were one of my first favorite bands as a kid so I’ll take Sting all day long.   I don’t know if you remember from the show that night, but what I appreciated about Sting was that he walked out, did the song, and then walked off again.  I liked that he acted like he had been there a million times before and didn’t need to act like an over pretentious rock star.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Sting was a 6 on the sting scale. He was terrible and to me almost ruined it. It could have been an 11 if he had tried. Seemed not warmed up to me. I was 2nd row in front of Eddie this show. 

I hate kiss kiss so no comment. 

Ive seen every PJ MSG show. The 08 were the worst of them...but even the worst PJ show is better than every other show I’ve ever seen at MSG and I’ve seen everybody. I guess Cream was better than the 08 run. For me no one else. Even Chris. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Type your commentwords
    RS65573 said:
    Type your commentwords
    He looks like a giant in that photo. 

RS65573 said:
    Sting was a 6 on the sting scale. He was terrible and to me almost ruined it. It could have been an 11 if he had tried. Seemed not warmed up to me. I was 2nd row in front of Eddie this show. 

I hate kiss kiss so no comment. 

Ive seen every PJ MSG show. The 08 were the worst of them...but even the worst PJ show is better than every other show I’ve ever seen at MSG and I’ve seen everybody. I guess Cream was better than the 08 run. For me no one else. Even Chris. 
    I’m not a Kiss fan but I’m just saying that I thought Sting was better.  But I’m not going to hate on either dude for showing up. They’re two pretty big rock stars and I don’t want to seem ungrateful or jaded that they appeared at a PJ show.