Options

Thursday, 10.22.2020 - Tour around this date...

On my commute the other morning while reviewing another EV euro set, I started to think about the tour future (I KNOW HERE WE GO AGAIN!) Apologies if this has already been a thread, but with PJ30 on the horizon (fuckin crazy to think about), I am sure Kelly C. and mgmt already have prepared for something big going down on Thursday October 22, 2020 - Thirty yrs since Mookie Blaylock graced the world. Even for the band members, this is biggest American election of our lifetimes next year and there is no freaking way that this band not be bringing it on their anniversary a mere 12 DAYS before the WE ALL GO to the polls. The election is going to come down to a few states specifically Wisconsin. It may be too cold to do Alpine at that time, but a Fall 2020 Tour hitting the battlegrounds, seems the most obvious...

Be good to one another,

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    edited June 2019
    My prediction:
    Early 2020 -- Australia and New Zealand, with maybe Japan.
    Spring 2020 - USA
    Summer 2020 - Europe
    Fall 2020 - USA

Ideally... It'll bring back memories of 2003, 2013 and more recent tours mixed in.
    There will absolutely be a new album, but *when* it'll come out is the question. Will it be before Australia, like in 2003...or will it be after the first leg of the year, like 2013 was? Stay tuned...

They will absolutely not let 2020 go to waste.

Or maybe Europe will be 2021.

I'm sure October will be out, as Eddie will want to be in Chicago.

...no "inside info" just a guess...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    DukesW2012DukesW2012 Posts: 33
    My prediction:
    Spring 2020 - USA
    Summer 2020 - Europe
    Fall 2020 - USA

Ideally... It'll bring back memories of 2003, 2013 and more recent tours mixed in.
    There will absolutely be a new album, but *when* it'll come out is the question. Will it be before Australia, like in 2003...or will it be after the first leg of the year, like 2013 was? Stay tuned...

They will absolutely not let 2020 go to waste.

Or maybe Europe will be 2021.

I'm sure October will be out, as Eddie will want to be in Chicago.

...no "inside info" just a guess...
    As for your last sentence, The Cubs window is slowly closing and with aging pitching, I think October shows are in play.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,044
    My prediction:
    Spring 2020 - USA
    Summer 2020 - Europe
    Fall 2020 - USA

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,901
    It has been 5 years since Eddie or Pearl Jam has toured in the fall. Not sure that is going to change anytime soon. 
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    For this president , for this election. I live in a blue state but I would love for them to do a red state tour and get the vote out!
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    Matts3221 said:
    For this president , for this election. I live in a blue state but I would love for them to do a red state tour and get the vote out!
    They should guarantee that any state that flips a Senate seat from R to D gets a show in 2021. Wouldn’t do much good on their own but if Eddie could convince a whole bunch of artists to do it...
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    My prediction:
    Spring 2020 - USA
    Summer 2020 - Europe
    Fall 2020 - USA

Well, we all know a US tour is almost automatically going to be Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    tdawe said:
    Matts3221 said:
    They should guarantee that any state that flips a Senate seat from R to D gets a show in 2021. Wouldn’t do much good on their own but if Eddie could convince a whole bunch of artists to do it...
    I’ve always wondered how much difference could it make. What strategies could these bands implement to help bring out the vote? The vote for change tour was inspiring for me, but they’re singing to the choir, and ultimately it didn’t produce the results that were desired. A voter drive? A free T-shirt when you register to vote? A voucher for free or discounted merch? 
    Every little bit helps I suppose and bringing awareness to the importance of voting is a good thing. Are we wanting a vote for change tour just so we can see our favorite band or do we think it really makes a difference?
    Red state, blue state tour? A swing state tour would be most logical in my opinion.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,943
    PJNB said:
    It has been 5 years since Eddie or Pearl Jam has toured in the fall. Not sure that is going to change anytime soon. 
    God a real summer tour in Canada and the us would be great. Imagine Pearl Jam actually going on the road for two months?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    God a real summer tour in Canada and the us would be great. Imagine Pearl Jam actually going on the road for two months?!

In North America! Hell would freeze over!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,166
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Didn't he flat out say he wasn't willing to miss the playoffs or world  series abt 5 years ago?
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    Hi! said:
    tdawe said:
    Matts3221 said:
    I’ve always wondered how much difference could it make. What strategies could these bands implement to help bring out the vote? The vote for change tour was inspiring for me, but they’re singing to the choir, and ultimately it didn’t produce the results that were desired. A voter drive? A free T-shirt when you register to vote? A voucher for free or discounted merch? 
    Every little bit helps I suppose and bringing awareness to the importance of voting is a good thing. Are we wanting a vote for change tour just so we can see our favorite band or do we think it really makes a difference?
    Red state, blue state tour? A swing state tour would be most logical in my opinion.
    I think there is enough evidence to suggest Pearl Jam’s show in Montana last year helped Tester.  It was an extremely close race and they did a good job making it easy to register.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,172
    tdawe said:
    Matts3221 said:
    They should do an even bigger VOTE FOR CHANGE tour in 2020. 

Make a touring minifestival with Bruce, Neil Young, Guns N Roses etc. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    Add prophets of rage in there and make them full blown festivals.