*** Eddie Vedder Collisioni Festival Fanviews Here 6/17/19 ***

SeaSea EarthPosts: 2,094
edited June 18 in Given To Fly (live)
Eddie Vedder
Collisioni Festival
Piazza Falletti
Barolo, IT
June 17, 2019
Show
Set List

Red Limo String Quartet:
Sietse van Gorkom-Violin
Camila van der Kooij-Violin
Rani Kumar-Viola
Jonas Pap-Cello


Ed Onstage 21:37
Ed Offstage 00:00
Intro Music Tuolumne

1.    Keep Me In Your Heart-(Calderon, Zevon)
2.    Don't Be Shy-(Stevens)
3.    You've Got To Hide Your Love Away-(Lennon, McCartney)
4.    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
5.    I Am Mine
6.    Brain Damage-(Waters)
7.    Sometimes
8.    Good Woman-(Marshall)
9.    Wishlist
10.    Indifference
11.    Far Behind
12.    Long Road with Red Limo
13.    Guaranteed with Red Limo
14.    Can’t Keep with Red Limo
15.    Just Breathe with Red Limo
16.    Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) with Red Limo
17.    Last Kiss-(Cochran)
18.    Porch
19.    Red Limo improv-Jeremy
20.    Isn’t It A Pity-(Harrison) with Red Limo
21.    Unthought Known
22.    I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)
23.    Black with Red Limo
24.    Sleepless Nights-(Bryant, Bryant) w/Glen Hansard & Red Limo
25.    Song Of Good Hope-(Hansard) w/ Glen Hansard & Red Limo
26.    Falling Slowly-(Hansard, Irglová) w/ Glen Hansard & Red Limo
27.    Society-(Hannan) w/ Glen Hansard & Red Limo
28.    Should I Stay Or Should I Go?-(Headon, Jones, Simonon, Strummer)
29.    Hard Sun-(Peterson) w/ Glen Hansard, Red Limo & Chris Chelios
30.    Rocking In The Free World-(Young) Glen Hansard, Red Limo, Chris Chelios



Glen Hansard Set List
1.    Say It To Me Now
2.    Don’t Settle
3.    When Your Minds Made Up
4.    Shelter Me
5.    I’ll Be You, Be Me
6.    Grace Beneath The Pines
7.    Her Mercy
8.    This Gift


Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thank you, John, for the set list and notes.



Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • LenzLenz Posts: 79

    I've started typing five times now and stopped typing five times - I don't want to write my anger about yesterday and Ed's playing/state/voice/performance off my chest here

    But I'm still really disappointed about yesterday, Ed just screwed up (and he knows best)


  • aurelgugusaurelgugus LuxembourgPosts: 284
    Lenz said:

    I've started typing five times now and stopped typing five times - I don't want to write my anger about yesterday and Ed's playing/state/voice/performance off my chest here

    But I'm still really disappointed about yesterday, Ed just screwed up (and he knows best)


    I’m relieved, it’s not just me. I saw Eddie in Brussels and I had the same feeling. I have been really disappointed by his performance.
    The main issues for me were the way he plays guitar and the setlist construction.
    Regarding guitars, he plays way to hard on the string of his acoustic guitars. Moreover, the sound of his Stratocaster was not great.
    Regarding setlist construction, I think that there were too few PJ/EV songs and there was not a flow in the set.
    I will see him once more in Düsseldorf, I will give another chance but maybe EV solo shows are not for me or maybe my expectations were too high.
  • C2V3NC2V3N Zagreb, CroatiaPosts: 441
    I have to agree, eddie fvcked up few times and organisation was terrible. And not to mention setlist, it was very similar to firenze. My least favorite eddie concert.
    one, two, three, four, five against one
    five, five, against one
  • RobbertRobbert Posts: 63
    2 years ago in the Europe Tour he played:
    Off he goes, Thumbing my way, Youre true, Satellite, Rise, Whitout you, Out of sand, Crazy mary, Untitled, MFC, Dead man, Come back, Around the bend, Love boat captain, Light today, Arc, Longing to belong and Im open.

    So he has the songs in his repotoir ( or how do you call it )

    Hoping for such songs. I agree the setlists this tour looks very the same. Doesnt keep me from going....thats the other side :)
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 594
    Just watched a couple of short clips... he sounded fine?! Agree about the setlists though. But hey, I‘ve never been before so I‘ll take any songs :wink:
  • GroundswimmerGroundswimmer MunichPosts: 6
    edited June 19
    It isn’t only the setlist that leads me to the conclusion Ed screwed up. His behaviour on stage reminded me on a 16 year old, playing live for the first time. It seemed, that he‘d forgotten most of his own lyrics (good, that Glen hepled hin out more than one time). 
    His spoken words were just nonsense bullshit from a drunken boy...
    it‘s very hard to say it that way, but considering that there are many people spending a lot of money and time  by following him all over the globe, Ed‘s behaviour was disrespectful in my opinion.
    So sad...
    MIND YOUR MANNERS 
    Post edited by Groundswimmer on
  • pljampljam Posts: 387
    Very intresting comments 
    Maybe the fire is going /gone ?
    Such a long time between PJ albums, pretty much the same setlists on Ed's solos
    I guess they have been doing this a long time , everything has a use by date , maybe it's arrived or arriving 
    Or just maybe the guy had an off night for what ever reason 
    In Perth 2011 I think it was ,Ed (solo) was just simply in a pissed off mood , end of tour and was simply going through the motions 
    Anyway,its disappointing for the people who paid for this show and by the comments are frustrated 
    If it is now stale ,the PJ /Ed thing for them ,sad as that would, it's been an amazing ride and we have been lucky 
    Hope the rest of this tour brings a smile and good memories to all that attend 
    Hopefully just a bad one , we all have them in our jobs
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 2,513
    I’d really hate to think these summer Europe tour are just for the money and a family vacation. It does feel like there’s  a complete disinterest from the band. Sorry to derail the thread, it’s just sad to read these things especially when I’m sure a lot of us have some sort of apprehension with the stare of PJ as of late. 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 594
    nicknyr15 said:
    I’d really hate to think these summer Europe tour are just for the money and a family vacation. It does feel like there’s  a complete disinterest from the band. Sorry to derail the thread, it’s just sad to read these things especially when I’m sure a lot of us have some sort of apprehension with the stare of PJ as of late. 
    His family isn’t even with him. 
  • Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 547
    pljam said:
    Very intresting comments 
    Maybe the fire is going /gone ?
    Such a long time between PJ albums, pretty much the same setlists on Ed's solos
    I guess they have been doing this a long time , everything has a use by date , maybe it's arrived or arriving 
    Or just maybe the guy had an off night for what ever reason 
    In Perth 2011 I think it was ,Ed (solo) was just simply in a pissed off mood , end of tour and was simply going through the motions 
    Anyway,its disappointing for the people who paid for this show and by the comments are frustrated 
    If it is now stale ,the PJ /Ed thing for them ,sad as that would, it's been an amazing ride and we have been lucky 
    Hope the rest of this tour brings a smile and good memories to all that attend 
    Hopefully just a bad one , we all have them in our jobs
    How are they "pretty much the same setlists" ?? Have you looked at the progressions of his shows over the past few tours. Sure the ITTW is the same for the past 10+ years. But he has added some great pearl jam songs long with new covers. Heck, a guy was paying $5k in Vegas to hear black 6 years ago. The shows are longer and better than they were in 09, 12, etc.. I can't speak to his vocals, forgetting lyrics and guitar skills but damn, i'd kill for all of these sets..

    Also, it's not different than a lot of the same songs the band is playing during the 6 show tours.. Also, it looks like he at least enjoys this and wants to be on stage unlike others. Keep up the Ed solo tours and come back to the states!
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
  • RobbertRobbert Posts: 63
    What do you mean with progressions? Not to be negative...but if you look at the numbers of his own songs he is playing this tour you get 4 tops. 6, 7 or 8 years ago this was around 10 songs of the Into the wild / Ukulele songs. Last night Barolo.....2 of his own songs....i prefer more Into the Wild and Ukulele :)
  • Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 547
    Robbert said:
    What do you mean with progressions? Not to be negative...but if you look at the numbers of his own songs he is playing this tour you get 4 tops. 6, 7 or 8 years ago this was around 10 songs of the Into the wild / Ukulele songs. Last night Barolo.....2 of his own songs....i prefer more Into the Wild and Ukulele :)
    More variety and the sets have progressed over the years. Light years, indifference, Smile .. oh and a show with 3 binaural in a row. won't get that at a PJ show. 

    End of the day, people will always bitch. We aren't far away from a day where there won't be any shows to ever talk about or look forward to. But i'm sure there will be some great discussions of the Pitt '13 poster
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
  • RobbertRobbert Posts: 63
    Well i disagree with youre 'more variety'. 
    Let me first say ive been to both Amsterdam shows and to Brussel last week...all 3 i loved and kept a big smile on my face for a few days.
    What i do agree is when people say that the setlist looks a lot the same this tour ( a lot of rhe same covers...also to open the night with )...and that way i think ( for example 2017 ) the last tour was more different qua songs and surprising. 
    I hope there will still come some surprising songs in the following shows ( look at mine first comment above in this topic )

  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 594
    I hope/ think LBC will be played in Düsseldorf as it’s the 19th anniversary of Roskilde. Hoping for Arc as well. Sorry, derailing this thread even further 
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 560
    Eddie is doing almost 30 songs a night. And mixes up the sets as best he can. I can't wait to see him in Dublin 

    i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • reisgerichtreisgericht Posts: 68
    edited June 18
    Well, I have to disagree with some of you folks.  I had a great time last night and I thought Eddie was in a good mood.  Yes, it was rough around the edges and he screwed up a few songs.  Maybe a (few) bottles of Barolo had to do with it.  I would definitely not call it disrespectful of the audience.  Yes, he played a lot of covers, but as someone who doesn’t have the luxury of seeing multiple shows every year, I don’t mind - I’d rather hear him singing covers than not hearing him at all.  I was lucky enough to see him at both Taormina shows a few years ago and probably no show will ever top those, for the quality of the setlists, the quality of music and the quality of the setting.  But I left the show happy (except for the annoyance of dealing with self-entitled people trying to impose “la lista” before the show.  It was a wonderful evening in a wonderful place and I’m glad that I was there.
    Post edited by reisgericht on
  • MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 628
    It's the same old story and becoming very tiresome. A performer has an off night and that gets picked up and discussed, fair enough.

    Eddie has an off night (or so we are told) and the, of late, default responses kick up, I.e. His love for music must be gone, he doesn't want to do it anymore etc...

    Grandstanding at its finest. Allow people to be off form, it happens. It is exhausting the amount of posts recently that are predicting demise.

    Please please please give the guessing game a rest, you know as much as I do about the situation, which in reality is next to zero.
  • mike86mike86 Posts: 158

    After reading the first mostly negative thoughts i got myself to write something and I never really do this but hey..
    first of all, the organisation was not that bad, especially considering you are in Italy. I have been to all italian PJ/EV shows in Italy since 2014 besides Florence this year and I have seen much worse then this. Dont forget that you are on a little hill in the middle of a village with everyday people living their life. I thought it all worked out well (and that includes people working at the parking lot, where we had a little issue but the dude spoke perfect English and could have not been more helpful). Maybe they could have had more busses for the shuttle at night but it took us only 20 minutes to walk to P3 in the end. It didn't took long to get drinks either (open your eyes and take them off the phone and get in the right line might help) and even getting merch outside was easy and didn't took long at all.
    When it comes to Ed and his performance: yes he fucked up some things. I think he simply should not play Porch cause it just screams for trouble with the middle part when he usually runs around taking care of the crowd. Rockin is also something that is not as much fun as with the whole band, Glen on bass is also a weird sight.. but for the rest of the show? that was a great show in a fun place with a couple of grandma's watching from their balconies,
    probably having flashbacks to their younger days when they heard a Beatles-song. He put all his heart into wont back down and you could feel the sadness as he was looking to find the right words to describe the loss of a friend.
    Sure he fucked up a song with Glen but I want to see you perform perfect when a friend sits by your side, stealing your drinks and having a laugh about it. Was the mosquito story nonsense? Maybe, but he kept me entertained. If he would have said something political we would have people complaining about that too. Same with the setlist. Maybe some people should stop reading all previous setlists to limit expectations? Or simply miss on a show or even a tour because your last show was disappointing? Most of us here know what will happen and while i think it is possible to walk home disappointed, you should think why that happens. Is it because you have seen multiple shows and you compare each and every one that you have seen, including the shows you have not been to, or is it because of things Ed himself cant control? oh and the showing respect-comment: if we question the level of respect we definitely have to start with ourself or the crowd in general. Smoking, the yelling in between and not to forget the all phones.. overall a great night under a beautiful Italian full moon sky. glad to have been at what possibly was the smallest show on this tour.


    Follow the Strangest Tribe
  • bernicebernice amsterdamPosts: 63
    mike86 said:

    After reading the first mostly negative thoughts i got myself to write something and I never really do this but hey..
    first of all, the organisation was not that bad, especially considering you are in Italy. I have been to all italian PJ/EV shows in Italy since 2014 besides Florence this year and I have seen much worse then this. Dont forget that you are on a little hill in the middle of a village with everyday people living their life. I thought it all worked out well (and that includes people working at the parking lot, where we had a little issue but the dude spoke perfect English and could have not been more helpful). Maybe they could have had more busses for the shuttle at night but it took us only 20 minutes to walk to P3 in the end. It didn't took long to get drinks either (open your eyes and take them off the phone and get in the right line might help) and even getting merch outside was easy and didn't took long at all.
    When it comes to Ed and his performance: yes he fucked up some things. I think he simply should not play Porch cause it just screams for trouble with the middle part when he usually runs around taking care of the crowd. Rockin is also something that is not as much fun as with the whole band, Glen on bass is also a weird sight.. but for the rest of the show? that was a great show in a fun place with a couple of grandma's watching from their balconies,
    probably having flashbacks to their younger days when they heard a Beatles-song. He put all his heart into wont back down and you could feel the sadness as he was looking to find the right words to describe the loss of a friend.
    Sure he fucked up a song with Glen but I want to see you perform perfect when a friend sits by your side, stealing your drinks and having a laugh about it. Was the mosquito story nonsense? Maybe, but he kept me entertained. If he would have said something political we would have people complaining about that too. Same with the setlist. Maybe some people should stop reading all previous setlists to limit expectations? Or simply miss on a show or even a tour because your last show was disappointing? Most of us here know what will happen and while i think it is possible to walk home disappointed, you should think why that happens. Is it because you have seen multiple shows and you compare each and every one that you have seen, including the shows you have not been to, or is it because of things Ed himself cant control? oh and the showing respect-comment: if we question the level of respect we definitely have to start with ourself or the crowd in general. Smoking, the yelling in between and not to forget the all phones.. overall a great night under a beautiful Italian full moon sky. glad to have been at what possibly was the smallest show on this tour.


    I was there too and I totally agree with you. (And we also saw all the other shows in this tour)
    Life has nothin' to do with killin' time
  • treestrees Columbus OHIOPosts: 880
    I seen eV shows and have had a great time these people complaining are not thinking right


    PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    (#1SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019)#1Yngwie j. Malmsteen 
    1Janes Addiction#2RedHotChiliPepers#3Deftones#1Tool#2TheVeils#7LiamFinn EJ#3Tinariwen#3SleaterKinney#2SonicYouth#1CorinTuckerBand #2 IronMaiden1#BlackSabbath#8QOTSA#2SoicalD#2BadReligon#7Cloud Cults#1CheapTrick#1SmashingPumpkins#2DieAntwoord#3JohnDoe#1KingsX#2Melvens
    #1Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19#1 System of a Down
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus LuxembourgPosts: 284
    trees said:
    I seen eV shows and have had a great time these people complaining are not thinking right
    Sorry for not thinking ‘right’ but expressing the fact that I have been disappointed by Eddie performance is not a complaint but the sole statement of my personal feeling.

  • LenzLenz Posts: 79
    edited June 19
    I think anybody here loves Ed and his music and the way he is. No one expects him to become the greatest guitar player in the world no one expects him to play a clean perfect show.

    When the tour dates with the big venues for this tour were published I thought that they‘re not fitting for a solo Ed show. I am not a huge fan of the concept of the 2019 shows (for me it’s more PJ-light than Ed Solo), but that was obvious before the tour started. I really really loved the 2017 Solo Tour: Mostly small extraordinary venues and very intimate shows (Taormina, Zitadelle etc.).

    But my main point with Barolo on Monday is that Ed showed up completely wasted (he was partying/drinking a couple of consecutive nights before) and then screwed up far more than a couple of songs. His voice was completely hoarse, he often played wrong, interrupted several songs and so on. And all because he was wasted. It definitely wasn’t an off night or a bad day. Most of us here saw PJ/Ed off nights or bad days. I don’t care about him having an off night or a bad day. I don’t care about him being drunk, forgetting lyrics, screwing up a song. No problem - we are all humans and we all make faults. But I felt that showing up wasted like that and performing lika Ed did on Monday is just disrespectful. Especially since he is extremely empathic and cares for his audience and all of us here.

    And it’s definitely ok to criticize this performance although we all still love Ed.

    he can do and he will do much much better
    Post edited by Lenz on
  • once76once76 Posts: 9
    Lenz said:

    I've started typing five times now and stopped typing five times - I don't want to write my anger about yesterday and Ed's playing/state/voice/performance off my chest here

    But I'm still really disappointed about yesterday, Ed just screwed up (and he knows best)


    I’m relieved, it’s not just me. I saw Eddie in Brussels and I had the same feeling. I have been really disappointed by his performance.
    The main issues for me were the way he plays guitar and the setlist construction.
    Regarding guitars, he plays way to hard on the string of his acoustic guitars. Moreover, the sound of his Stratocaster was not great.
    Regarding setlist construction, I think that there were too few PJ/EV songs and there was not a flow in the set.
    I will see him once more in Düsseldorf, I will give another chance but maybe EV solo shows are not for me or maybe my expectations were too high.
    Lenz said:
    I think anybody here loves Ed and his music and the way he is. No one expects him to become the greatest guitar player in the world no one expects him to play a clean perfect show.

    When the tour dates with the big venues for this tour were published I thought that they‘re not fitting for a solo Ed show. I am not a huge fan of the concept of the 2019 shows (for me it’s more PJ-light than Ed Solo), but that was obvious before the tour started. I really really loved the 2017 Solo Tour: Mostly small extraordinary venues and very intimate shows (Taormina, Zitadelle etc.).

    But my main point with Barolo on minday is that Ed showed up completely wasted (he was partying/drinking a couple of consecutive nights before) and then screwed up far more than a couple of songs. His voice was completely hoarse, he often played wrong, interrupted several songs and so on. And all because he wasted. It definitely wasn’t an off night or a bad day. Most of us here saw PJ/Ed off nights or bad days. I don’t care about him having an off night or a bad. I don’t care about him being drunk, forgetting lyrics, screwing up a song. No problem - we are all humans and we all make faults. But I felt that showing up wasted like that and performing lika Ed did on Monday is just disrespectful. Especially since he is extremely empathic and cares for his audience and all of us here.

    And it’s definitely ok to criticize this performance although we all still love Ed.

    he can do and he will do much much better

    Lenz said:

    I've started typing five times now and stopped typing five times - I don't want to write my anger about yesterday and Ed's playing/state/voice/performance off my chest here

    But I'm still really disappointed about yesterday, Ed just screwed up (and he knows best)


    I’m relieved, it’s not just me. I saw Eddie in Brussels and I had the same feeling. I have been really disappointed by his performance.
    The main issues for me were the way he plays guitar and the setlist construction.
    Regarding guitars, he plays way to hard on the string of his acoustic guitars. Moreover, the sound of his Stratocaster was not great.
    Regarding setlist construction, I think that there were too few PJ/EV songs and there was not a flow in the set.
    I will see him once more in Düsseldorf, I will give another chance but maybe EV solo shows are not for me or maybe my expectations were too high.

    I completely agree with you. I was in Barolo Yesterday night. Eddie, for me, hasn' been at good level. Missed opportunity
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 594
    edited June 19
    Well it’s on alternative nation now... surprise. This forum really should be private  
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on
  • treestrees Columbus OHIOPosts: 880
    trees said:
    I seen eV shows and have had a great time these people complaining are not thinking right
    Sorry for not thinking ‘right’ but expressing the fact that I have been disappointed by Eddie performance is not a complaint but the sole statement of my personal feeling.

    Ok you have your right to state whatever ,ok i shouldnt of said your not thinking right its just that its hard to believe fir me that itwas so bad,


    PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    (#1SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019)#1Yngwie j. Malmsteen 
    1Janes Addiction#2RedHotChiliPepers#3Deftones#1Tool#2TheVeils#7LiamFinn EJ#3Tinariwen#3SleaterKinney#2SonicYouth#1CorinTuckerBand #2 IronMaiden1#BlackSabbath#8QOTSA#2SoicalD#2BadReligon#7Cloud Cults#1CheapTrick#1SmashingPumpkins#2DieAntwoord#3JohnDoe#1KingsX#2Melvens
    #1Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19#1 System of a Down
  • reisgerichtreisgericht Posts: 68
    edited June 19
    Lenz said:
    I think anybody here loves Ed and his music and the way he is. No one expects him to become the greatest guitar player in the world no one expects him to play a clean perfect show.

    When the tour dates with the big venues for this tour were published I thought that they‘re not fitting for a solo Ed show. I am not a huge fan of the concept of the 2019 shows (for me it’s more PJ-light than Ed Solo), but that was obvious before the tour started. I really really loved the 2017 Solo Tour: Mostly small extraordinary venues and very intimate shows (Taormina, Zitadelle etc.).

    But my main point with Barolo on Monday is that Ed showed up completely wasted (he was partying/drinking a couple of consecutive nights before) and then screwed up far more than a couple of songs. His voice was completely hoarse, he often played wrong, interrupted several songs and so on. And all because he was wasted. It definitely wasn’t an off night or a bad day. Most of us here saw PJ/Ed off nights or bad days. I don’t care about him having an off night or a bad day. I don’t care about him being drunk, forgetting lyrics, screwing up a song. No problem - we are all humans and we all make faults. But I felt that showing up wasted like that and performing lika Ed did on Monday is just disrespectful. Especially since he is extremely empathic and cares for his audience and all of us here.

    And it’s definitely ok to criticize this performance although we all still love Ed.

    he can do and he will do much much better
    I respect your right to your opinion, but I believe that characterising him as completely wasted is a gross misrepresentation. But judging by the amount of cell phones out on monday, I guess there will be enough videos on YouTube for people to make up their minds...
  • stuessystuessy Posts: 11
    Did someone record the concert? I am thankful for any hints to hear this beautiful evening again at home.
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain TexasPosts: 626
    I've seen videos on youtube. He seems perfectly fine.
  • bspring1bspring1 Posts: 53
    I saw the 5 shows so far and there were all great for different reasons...
  • aurelgugusaurelgugus LuxembourgPosts: 284
    bspring1 said:
    I saw the 5 shows so far and there were all great for different reasons...
    Maybe PJ fans that have already seen Eddie before (like you I assume) knew what to expect, and first timers (like me) have to high expectations about seeing PJ deep cuts, etc ... I will definitively come to the Düsseldorf show with no expectation and an open mind...
Sign In or Register to comment.