Why are the emojis total crap all of a sudden?

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
They are just like the basic shitty emojis you get in Outlook now. What happened??? :disappointed::angry:
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Comments

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,428
    The old ones were so much better!
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited June 2019
    :disappointed::rage:
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I had to go and edit a comment because the emoji I had used turned bad.  A : triumph : emoji turned out to be this :triumph:.  The triumph guy used to dance with with the disco dancing hand.  This guy has steam coming out of his nose.  Not at all the same.

Please give us our emoji back.  These emoji completely suck.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    edited June 2019
    deadendp said:
    I had to go and edit a comment because the emoji I had used turned bad.  A : triumph : emoji turned out to be this :triumph:.  The triumph guy used to dance with with the disco dancing hand.  This guy has steam coming out of his nose.  Not at all the same.

Please give us our emoji back.  These emoji completely suck.  
    Well right. I noticed when I tried to do the : pensive : one - the guy with his hand on his chin pondering things sarcastically - and got this: :pensive: . These emojis are actually screwed up, not just inferior.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

These are awful. No :rofl: guy. No :plus_one: guy. No :hugs: guy. No :nuh_uh: guy. 

Please bring our lil dudes back. 
    I admit I like the troll face option, lol. But other than that, yeah, they're terrible!
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    These new emoji are better than the old ones...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2019
    I can't find the appropriate emoji to react to that.... But yeah, of course you think that, because you're a contrarian, lol.
    They’re the same as in WhatsApp 
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,891
    The forum techs are looking into this. Thanks
    Sea said:
    Yay! Thanks!
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sea said:
    Yay! Thanks!
    +1 
    :smiley:
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    I can't find the appropriate emoji to react to that.... But yeah, of course you think that, because you're a contrarian, lol.
    Nope.  Those old emoji's looked like a 2-year old designed them.  But this entire website could not have been designed by a professional?  If it was, they are not very good.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited June 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nope.  Those old emoji's looked like a 2-year old designed them.  But this entire website could not have been designed by a professional?  If it was, they are not very good.
    Everyone freaked when those came out, because the set of emojis before those were way better. But at least the current ones (that we can't access right now) are expressive and animated. These cheap-ass ones we see right now are the worst IMO.
    But I want to meet the 2-year-olds you are consorting with. They must be absolute geniuses!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    These are better than the pointless ones from before.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited June 2019
    What do you mean pointless? The ones right now aren't even accurate - they don't match what you type.
    PJ_Soul said:
    What do you mean pointless? The ones right now aren't even accurate - they don't match what you type.
     :)  :D:/ :( B)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Yes they do...?

Yes they do...?
    Not all of them, as discussed earlier in the thread. :)
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes they do...?
    They don't move, they are as basic as you can get technologically; unless we just have :-) . They suck.
    edited June 2019
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes they do...?
    They don't move, they are as basic as you can get technologically; unless we just have :-) . They suck.
    Agreed! ... I have noticed that some people - all of them men - don't like emojis, and the "fancier" they are, the less they like them. They are quite cranky about it, haha! They seem to think they are stupid. Some actually refuse to use them altogether. It's like they decided to take a principled stance against them, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes they do...?
    Agreed! ... I have noticed that some people - all of them men - don't like emojis, and the "fancier" they are, the less they like them. They are quite cranky about it, haha! They seem to think they are stupid. Some actually refuse to use them altogether. It's like they decided to take a principled stance against them, lol.
    A girl told me once on messenger. "Could you please stop with the smileys/emojis and the "hehe":s. We are both adults. Aren't we?"
    edited June 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes they do...?
    A girl told me once on messenger. "Could you please stop with the smileys/emojis and the "hehe":s. We are both adults. Aren't we?"
    There are exceptions to every rule, lol. I know this stupid "we are adults" argument about emojis and lol'ing. I actually find it to be rather immature. :lol: God forbid I ever take myself that seriously!
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes they do...?
    There are exceptions to every rule, lol. I know this stupid "we are adults" argument about emojis and lol'ing. I actually find it to be rather immature. :lol: God forbid I ever take myself that seriously!
    There are times when a proper emoji can express what you are thinking better than words. Using a tool that transmits context is an adult thing to do. 

Now if a conversation is all LMFAO and LOL and Imma then that's the texting world and that's a whole different beast.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes they do...?
    See the source image
    Hobbes said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yes they do...?
    See the source image
    Haha, the anticipation for his line made me spit out tea on my macbook.
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I miss the animals!
    edited June 2019
     They’re back!!  =):rock_on:
    Post edited by JPPJ84 on