Options

Duff McKagan, Tenderness

JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
Love the album and the message. It's on the mellow side but very good.
Alright, alright, alright!
Tom O.
"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
-The Writer

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    I'll have to check it out, thanks!

I've got his biography- haven't gotten to reading it yet but it looks interesting.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    I like the album, mellow but i dig it. Seen him and Shooter Jennings at Irving Plaza in NYC the other night playing the new record. He also did River of Deceit by Mad Season, Clampdown by the Clash and a few Gn'R songs. Good times!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    Cool recent interview with Duff where he talks about the new album among other things.

www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited July 2019
    love the single and that's enough for me to buy the new cd
    i'm in  :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6YskfuKyU

Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    love the single and that's enough for me to buy the new cd
    i'm in  :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6YskfuKyU

Nice. 

People are angry today and I get it.  But as John Lydon said, "Anger is an energy", and it can be used to do something constructive.  At the same time,  I think we need more songs like this to balance out all the unfocused, useless anger going down these days.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 325
    Absolutely love the album. Have listened to it heavily. Also snagged his signed deluxe set.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Good album