"I had my hand on Eddie Vedders private parts a little too long"

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
edited June 2019 in The Porch

"I had my hand of Eddie Vedder's private parts little too long" (actually using a shorter, four letter word for private parts starting with C)

For three decades, he has photographed the rock world and its celebrities in Stockholm. Now he releases the book "Let there be rock" with personal favorites, many of which have never been published before. Johan Bergmark writes about lies, Eddie Vedder's private parts and the most assholish star he has met.

/.../

I remember once when I was at the front with a pocket camera on Pearl Jam at the 1992 Moderna Museet show. Eddie Vedder stagedived during the third song and my hand got between his thighs in a way that the camera-strap got caught in his zipper.  I was dragged through the crowd because I couldn't let go of the camera, and had my hand on his private parts (the C word once again here) a little too long. In the end, the strap came loose, he turned around, and I took the picture that is in the book.

More here (in Swedish): https://www.stockholmdirekt.se/nyheter/jag-hade-handen-pa-eddie-vedders-kuk-lite-for-lange/reprks!jmBwgK7x8Sa7hP5cEAO0kw/?fbclid=IwAR0f5NJnWce1CNjg_kIkRJ8xw2dj_3H6LacAOS2yg6XR53_UbAz1Qh29Fo8

Info on the show (future vault release material right here):

06/25/92 – Moderna Museet, Skeppsholmen: Stockholm, Sweden [110m]
attendance: 1,500
set: Driven to Tears, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Even Flow, Once, State of Love and Trust, Alive, Improv, Black, (Help Me Rhonda)/Deep, Jeremy, Why Go, Improv (The First Time), Porch
enc 1: Suggestion/Garden
enc 2: Leash, I’ve Got a Feeling/(Dolly Dagger)/(Three Little Birds)/Rockin’ in the Free World
enc 3: Release, Footsteps

notes: This show, originally scheduled for the Melody Club, was moved to this outdoor venue due to the current popularity of Ten. With no opening act, Ed and Mike took the stage to open with two acoustic songs. Ed is very chatty with the audience, beginning by saying, “Today it just feels good … a fast one or a slow one?” and playing the Police cover, ‘Driven to Tears.’ Then, ” … it’s a song about summer and outdoors” and playing the Hunters and Collectors tune, ‘Throw Your Arms Around Me.’ After the other PJ members take the stage, “Let’s just have fun tonight.” intro’s a ripping ‘Even Flow.’ Ed spies someone taping in the audience and remarks, “This guy’s making a tape recording … everybody be careful … don’t make too much noise. No keep it out. I like that idea. He’s OK. Let him tape the show, yeah … we wanna remember this, right?” A lot of stuff is being thrown on stage during this show. After ‘Once,’ Ed, being hit by a shoe, becomes angry, and holds the shoe up, and smiles, fills it with his beverage and drinks from it. Wiping the drops away from his mouth, he says, “I’m crazier than any of you fucks” (turning a stupid incident into something good). Then he says, “This song is called … what’s it called?” and he passes the mic out to the audience and some guy repeats, “I’m crazier than you” several times, and then “State of love and trust” which PJ plays next! Ed sings “Help me Rhonda. I’m in too deep,” as a lead-in to ‘Deep.’ PJ is upset that this show was for 18+ ages only and later Ed comments, “You know of this thing, Roskilde? We’re playing tomorrow. After this, I feel like saying ‘fuck it, let’s just play here again.’ This is the size! It’s outdoors … this is as big as it needs to get … next time it will be at this place, it will be all ages and it will be cheaper than it was today. This was bullshit and I don’t dare say that unless I plan to live up to it so we will live up to it. We’ll see you there then, OK?” ‘Release’ is played because they forgot to play it earlier and ‘Footsteps’ is started with the Temple of the Dog version (‘Times of Trouble’) lyrics and then Ed explains the origin of the song and they restart it.So sad that this very happy night was marred by some of the band’s personal items being stolen backstage as they played.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

Comments

• PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,645
    Brett Buchanan and Alternative Nation are going to be offering a job real soon..,😆
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,132
    Brett Buchanan and Alternative Nation are going to be offering a job real soon..,😆
    HA!
  • LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    Is this true? I found this on the web.

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Cock Rock
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Eddie said to him, "I'll give you 20 minutes to get that hand off of there."
    This weekend we rock Portland