Options

your all time favorite show/concert attended

2»

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Probably my first show, Page and Plant on the 98 tour.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,058
    Metallica 91 or LCD Soundsystem's last show at the Garden.

But then there's Dillinger Escape Plan's final run.  Thee Oh Sees shows.  Hell, Skrylex' NYE show was awesome.

I still think it's Meatllica 91 and LCD.  Two amazing shows for different reasons.
    I'm pretty bummed I missed those Dillinger shows. Especially the one with Patton. Saw some great shows of their's over the years. Had a floor fan whizz by my head in the pit once. Good times.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,118
    Pearl Jam Gorge 2005 - Hands down the most magical night of music I ever attended.

Runner-Up:

AC/DC - Edmonton 2009 - A Thunderstorm blew through during the concert.  Lightning all the background, it bucketed rain, and everyone got soaked.    The thing was the crowd loved it and the band ate it for breakfast.    There was no stopping the beast.   It made for a helluva show.    I'm not sure AC/DC would normally rank #2 on all time concerts, but that one had unique environment circumstances that make it my #2 :)
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,836
    PJ Amsterdam 2012 stands out in my recent memory. 

Looking back:
    Bob Dylan with Joni Mitchell opening at MSG in '98 was a treat.
    Pink Floyd at Yankee Stadium '94 with my college friends was amazing as well.
    Paul Simon Concert in Central Park '91 was a great one. Being out on the Great Lawn for a free concert was truly memorable.

• Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262

Looking back:
    Bob Dylan with Joni Mitchell opening at MSG in '98 was a treat.

a great tour !  21 years ago !  yikes
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Chili Peppers —- Philadelphia Theater of Living Arts. 1999

—guest list only show before they launched Californication.  Amazing show.  Was two feet from Kiedis and Flea all night. 
    Looking back on this twenty years later this week....no cellphones. No video or audio exists.   And im kind of glad.
    I remember distinctly saying “wow hes having a great singing night”.  I remember Frusciante tearing it up and then playing and singing Elton John’s “Your Song”.   It was amazing.  Its a small club and it wasn't even full.  

I’ve never gotten to go to a private Pearl Jam show but im grateful i got to go to a Chili Peppers one while they were still in their prime.  
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,228
    1) Pearl Jam (30/09/06)
    2) The Waterboys (08/06/07)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    cornelia.hcornelia.h Vienna Posts: 47
    Pearl Jam Salzburg 2000
    Nick Cave Vienna 2008
    Neil Young Vienna 2008
    Leonhard Cohen 2013
    Can't choose one...those were out of this world...
    Salzburg 2000, Vienna 2006, Munich 2007, Novarock 2007, Prag, Berlin 1 + 2, Stockholm 2012, EV London 1 + 2 2012, Vienna 2014, EV Berlin 2017, Berlin 2018, EV Amsterdam I + II 2019
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    Recency bias may be playing a factor here, but TOTD at the Tower Theater in Philly (N1) may have been the mountain for me as a live music fan. 

I have been trying to find a way to choose the top 1 or 2 concert experiences...and failing.  Perhaps if I put 5 different reasons and put the top 2 for each, I could pull it off.
    Anyway...this would be on that sort of list.  Amazing meet up prior to show with friends from around the country.  Styled for VIP from one of the friends.  Enjoyed the hell out of the show.  Knowing what we know now....it being the last time I would ever see CC shine like that? 
    Tough to beat.

For me, going into that show, I was excited about what they might play beyond the 10 songs on the album and they didn't disappoint... War Pigs, Achilles' Last Stand, Jump Into the Fire, Fascination Street... I had hoped they would do something unique / special with that extra hour of music, and they not only didn't disappoint, they exceeded what I hoped for. Not to mention being in a 3100 seat theater, My God... when I close my eyes, I can still see McCready thrashing around during the end of Four Walled World.

Hearing the TOTD songs were beautiful, seeing Stone play Seasons w/ Cornell was fantastic, McCready was on fire (the solos in Reach Down & Achilles'... were stunning). I'm hard pressed to recall any show leaving me as floored as that one.

That was potentially the mountain for me BEFORE Cornell died...I  had an amazing run of shows in 2015 & 2016, capped off by that show... I knew then & there it probably wouldn't ever get any better for me.  

I have that Blue Ray from BTN Videos, and it's my most prized piece of concert memorabilia.

If there was ONE negative... the opening night was the only night of the show that they didn't play River of Deceit.
    Still not complaining though. I feel very fortunate to have scored tickets and been able to get to that show.  

Well said.  I was lucky enough to see them at MSG.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    pjl44 said:
    Metallica 91 or LCD Soundsystem's last show at the Garden.

But then there's Dillinger Escape Plan's final run.  Thee Oh Sees shows.  Hell, Skrylex' NYE show was awesome.

I still think it's Meatllica 91 and LCD.  Two amazing shows for different reasons.
    I'm pretty bummed I missed those Dillinger shows. Especially the one with Patton. Saw some great shows of their's over the years. Had a floor fan whizz by my head in the pit once. Good times.
    I missed the damn Patton show by a day...  Saw the very last one though.  The guitarist through the damn mic stand into the crowd, that wasn't too bright...  Just missed me as I was about 3 deep at that point.  That's 3 deep and smooshed like a sardine, lol.

During that show it was all bodies pressed against each other on the floor and a gal about 5'0" tall is beside me and I ask f she is ok, she replied  to me that this wasn't her first Dillinger show, lol!  

What a night.