MSG Night 1 2008

Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
Hey everyone, next episode we'll be covering on Live On 4 Legs is the first MSG show from 2008 continuing our monthly series where we'll touch up on all 10 that have been performed there. I'm personally a fan of night 2 more due to bias reasons, but if you were at this show and have any good memories, moments or stories from it, let us know. Either comment below and let us know what you thought or shoot us an email at liveon4legspodcast@gmail.com

We're also still taking episode requests for June where we'll pick a request at random to cover and we'll give you the chance to join an episode to talk about the show you requested. hit us up on email if there's something you want to hear us cover!
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    The 2008 msg shows are probably the worst msg shows in the band’s history (I ve been to every one).  Shows were ok, nothing really stands out eleven years later. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,873
    No they weren’t. I was there and they were great.  You must have been at a different show. All night, who you are, release were all highlights
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    No they weren’t. I was there and they were great.  You must have been at a different show. All night, who you are, release were all highlights
    Release was night 2. I was only at night 2 and I loved that show, but going back to it I’m extremely disappointed that there wasn’t as much set variety than I originally had thought. The songs they did with the backup singers were the same on both nights so I can understand someone who went to both rolling their eyes a bit on night 2.
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,372
    Yeah I too was at both shows and they were fantastic! 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    that was fun night 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,958
    I saw both shows and agree with Mike.  They were the weakest of all MSG shows.  And... No bueno on All Night.  The back up singers were a miss.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    I saw both shows and agree with Mike.  They were the weakest of all MSG shows.  And... No bueno on All Night.  The back up singers were a miss.  
    The back up singers were terrible. 
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,873
    They were not a miss. Your negative comments are a miss. Bazinga
  • Mikemzl91Mikemzl91 Posts: 493
    mcgruff10 said:
    The 2008 msg shows are probably the worst msg shows in the band’s history (I ve been to every one).  Shows were ok, nothing really stands out eleven years later. 
    Been to every msg show, now that's cool.
    What years where they again?

Mikemzl91 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Been to every msg show, now that's cool.
    What years where they again?

98, 03, 08, 10 and 16.  
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    The 2008 shows sucked.  Definately the worst of the MSG shows.  I was at night 2.  It's in my bottom 5 attended.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Notice I didn’t say the shows were bad.  Just the weakest of all the shows.  Like some others here I’ve been fortunate enough to see every MSG show they’ve played so I’m at least basing it on actual experience.

I’m cool with it if you liked the backup singers.  Just not my thing personally.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    Notice I didn’t say the shows were bad.  Just the weakest of all the shows.  Like some others here I’ve been fortunate enough to see every MSG show they’ve played so I’m at least basing it on actual experience.

I’m cool with it if you liked the backup singers.  Just not my thing personally.  
    having no more, last kiss and black diamond in the second encore on night two  could equate to probably the worst ending to a pj show that I have ever experienced.  I thought the dc and Camden shows were much better than the msg shows that year.  
    Yeah the msg shows weren’t bad they were just vanilla.  
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,903
    I remember the merch stampede in the foyer.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    The posters for those two shows were also a bit of a let down too.  

• smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,563
    on2legs said:
    100 Pacer said:
    The posters for those two shows were also a bit of a let down too.  
    Man I love them but only for the amount of time I spent in that corral in front of MSG!!  Just a cluster-bleep of people.  And if I remember correctly this was the wristband tour that you had to go back after and get the poster.    

I liked the backup singers and this was the tour they were doing full versions of WMA as well as Love Reign O'er Me as well as bringing back Who You Are.   I would probably say given the ridiculous run at MSG that this would be last, however it's only due to the crazy shows they've played there.
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • jnikojniko Posts: 298
    Night 1 was great. HTI to open. 3 encores. Rocking set list. Leash, Faithful, Who You Are and WMA. Watchtower and Indifference to close. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,789
    The Hartford Show was the one from the Tri State Area that was BOSS in 2008

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    CROJAM95 said:

It was excellent.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,163
    CROJAM95 said:

I have no relationship with Hartford. Don't even know where it is located - but yes! One of my favorite boots.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    This episode is available now: