Options

Jon Batiste from the Colbert show

tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
edited April 2022 in Other Music
Has anyone ever seen Jon Batiste live?  

I remember being completely captivated by his performance at the Colbert show especially during the commercial breaks.

He is playing a run here in NYC in September and want to check him out.

If anyone else has seen him live outside or the Colbert show I'd be interested in reading about it.

Thanks
Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

Comments

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    that was fun
  • Options
    that was fun
    Apparently no one is a fan, lol.
  • Options
    Anyone taking notice to him now?!?

11 Grammy nominations?  All you jazz fans should be loving this guy!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    He's awesome. So much energy and his speech was great.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    He's awesome. So much energy and his speech was great.
    He truly is such a talented musician.  I do hope more people find him out!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    I love his NOLA sound on the piano. Been meaning to check out his album for awhile. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan said:
    I love his NOLA sound on the piano. Been meaning to check out his album for awhile. 
    Albums.  he has a few out there.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,395
    I listened to his album a few months back. It's nice - pleasant listening.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Jon Batiste left the Colbert show.  I knew he would soon to do more traveling w his music.

Good for him.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Jon Batiste left the Colbert show.  I knew he would soon to do more traveling w his music.

Good for him.
    Did you end up going to see him in 2019? I find him WILDLY TALENTED, and look forward to seeing him live. I've seen video of live performances, and he seems to deliver. I don't have any of his albums, but I"d see him live in a heartbeat.

I also went to see Brandi Carlile last year do all of Joni Mitchell's "Blue" at Carnegie Hall, and while getting in line I saw a guy who looked just like Jon Batiste. I walked up to him to ask him if he gets told he looks just like Jon Batiste all the time, but when I was standing right in front of him I just said "Never mind, I was going to ask you if people tell you you look like Jon Batiste all the time, but I know the answer, because you ARE Jon Batiste!" It was him.  I got a pic with him and then was only sitting a few rows behind him inside so we had a few pleasant exchanges. He's a nice guy and MAN is he talented!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

Good for him.
    Did you end up going to see him in 2019? I find him WILDLY TALENTED, and look forward to seeing him live. I've seen video of live performances, and he seems to deliver. I don't have any of his albums, but I"d see him live in a heartbeat.

I also went to see Brandi Carlile last year do all of Joni Mitchell's "Blue" at Carnegie Hall, and while getting in line I saw a guy who looked just like Jon Batiste. I walked up to him to ask him if he gets told he looks just like Jon Batiste all the time, but when I was standing right in front of him I just said "Never mind, I was going to ask you if people tell you you look like Jon Batiste all the time, but I know the answer, because you ARE Jon Batiste!" It was him.  I got a pic with him and then was only sitting a few rows behind him inside so we had a few pleasant exchanges. He's a nice guy and MAN is he talented!
    I think he is one of the most talented musicians out there and I am mad at myself for not seeing him solo yet.  He will be around though.  He isn't going anywhere.

How cool is that you picked him out, lol.  

His next run I will see him.  Since he won those Grammys I would imagine more people have him on their radar now?

Brandi Carlisle is better than I thought too.  She has some chops to her.