Options

Bands: Favorite, Most Loyalty Toward, Longest Time Fan Of.

13»

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    Favorite Band: Led Zeppelin
    Most Loyalty Toward:  Pearl Jam
    Longest Time fan of:  Led Zeppelin

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    My favorite band = Pearl Jam
    The band I feel most loyal toward = Pearl Jam 
    The band that I've been a fan of for the longest time = Motley Crue

These were more difficult...trying to separate the musician from the band.
    Favorite Musician = Chris Cornell
    Most Loyal Toward (musician) = Chris Cornell
    Longest Time fan of (musician) = Ozzy

Also tough to leave FNM & Mike Patton from this, but Pearl Jam and Cornell finish forward, at this point in time.  Crue and Ozzy win out from the metal youth days.  :)
    I never cared for Ozzy solo and could never get into Patton either.  What is something I should check out from Patton that I might enjoy?  No Mr Bungle or FNM, something in the last 10 years or so.
    You did not like solo Ozzy?
    Blizzard?
    Diary?
    Sin?
    Bark?
    Tears?
    Wicked?
    TRIBUTE?

Albums so badass they only get one word references from me?
    :lol:

Sabbath was better, of course, but damn did I love Ozzy for a lot of years.
    Awful albums.  Sounded like fluff 80's stuff to me.

I was introduced to Ozzy from my older cousins, whom loved it, never saw why.  They put on Sabbath though and I was immediately in love.

The duet w Lita Ford is one of the worst songs ever written...

Crazy Train is probably the only Ozzy song I like and that is because of that cool Randy guitar lick.

Miracle Man had my interest for a second because Zakk made his guitar talk.  That was cool to a 12yo.
    Probably silly to be debating the quality of Ozzy albums with someone currently espousing love for Michael Jackson's Bad in the best song on album threads.

We do not even need to make it about what a predator MJ was and how people just looked the other way while he abused children -- we can just put Bad up against any of those records I listed and agree that if you do not like them better than Bad then we are not going to agree on any discussion points here.

Bad = a 1000% different type of music than Ozzy.  

Bark and Wicked are the two on that list at the bottom if I had to rank them...and they still shred and leave a record like Michael Jackson's Bad in the bushes, moaning about getting the crap beaten out of him.

Those other records are so great, to me.  At least 20 songs I think are fucking awesome and I like most of the rest of them.

We just like some different music.    (And I agree about the Lita Ford duet - Ozzy's worst song.  Still like it more than any song on the child molester's album.)
    Not sure how MJ fits in this convo really at all?

Yes, you have proven your fanboydom for Ozzy, that's abundantly clear.  When I'm out and about I'll be looking for the Iroc-z with the t-tops off blasting Bark at the Moon and I'll know I've found you.
    Just pointing out that we have some clear differences in what we find to be good music.  (Although we obviously agree on some items)

Heck yes, if Dankind will pass me the feathered roach clip we will turn that shit up.  (My sub-woofer in the back makes my headlights dim to the beat)

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!!

There it is!!!

You need to swap out the OG rims for some Cragar mags though.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I think Pearl Jam gets a clean sweep for me. 
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 777
    Favorite Band: Pearl Jam

Most Loyalty To: Alice In Chains 

Longest Time Fan Of: U2
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    iammine16 said:

Most Loyalty To: Alice In Chains 

Longest Time Fan Of: U2
    Great choices!

Despite all the hoopla over Bono's ego issues and the mass-appeal that goes with mega-star groups like U2 and Pearl Jam, etc., U2 (and Pearl Jam, of course) nevertheless still ranks as one of the greats for me.  And although there are bands I've been a longer fan of, it strikes me as very cool that I've been following U2 since 1980- almost 40 years!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    Favorite Band: PJ
    Most Loyal To: PJ
    Longest Fan: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

Favorite Singer: Ed Ved
    Most Loyal To: Ed Ved
    Longest Fan: Neil Young 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    Most Loyalty Toward:  Pearl Jam
    Longest Time fan of:  Pearl Jam

Newest obsession: Ruston Kelly

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,911
    Favourite Band: Pearl Jam
    Loyalty: Pearl Jam 
    Longest time fan of: Kiss
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    edited May 2019
    Fave Band: Headstones
    Most Loyal toward: Headstones
    Longest time fan of: Pearl Jam

Fave musician: Ian Thornley or Danny Greaves
    Most Loyal toward: Eddie Vedder
    Longest time fan of: Chris Cornell

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Nice mix there, HFD, the "head" Headstones fan!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

as someone else mentioned, my faves aren't static. it's always a toss up between Headstones, Pearl Jam, Watchmen, and the Hip. Headstones are by far the most played in the last few years, though, so that's why I said that. They continue to put out quality rock, whereas PJ doesn't, and Watchmen don't really put out anything anymore, and well, we know what happened with the Hip. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:

I sent you my extra Love + Fury, right? have you found any of their earlier catalog to check out? Picture of Health (their first) or Teeth and Tissue (their second) are my recommendations. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    brianlux said:

I sent you my extra Love + Fury, right? have you found any of their earlier catalog to check out? Picture of Health (their first) or Teeth and Tissue (their second) are my recommendations. 
    Maybe the greatest fits would be a good intro to a newcomer 
  • Options
    wasa1971wasa1971 Calgary, Canada Posts: 2,144
    Fav Band-Pearl Jam
    Most Loyal-Tragically Hip
    Longest Fan-The Police
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Yes you did and yes I will, thanks!  :smiley:

• Options
    brianlux said:

I actually don't like doing that when introducing music to someone. I like someone to get the full context of the band, not just the radio singles (often my favourite tracks aren't on the radio). I'm a full album guy. And I gather Brian is most likely the same. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:

I actually don't like doing that when introducing music to someone. I like someone to get the full context of the band, not just the radio singles (often my favourite tracks aren't on the radio). I'm a full album guy. And I gather Brian is most likely the same. 
    I pretty much am.  If I know a band's music fairly well but only like the hits, I might get the "Best Of" but for bands I like, those are frustrating because my best of will always be different. 

So HFD, what's your #1 favorite Headstones record?  (You've probably mentioned it but I don't recall for sure, thanks!)

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

I pretty much am.  If I know a band's music fairly well but only like the hits, I might get the "Best Of" but for bands I like, those are frustrating because my best of will always be different. 

So HFD, what's your #1 favorite Headstones record?  (You've probably mentioned it but I don't recall for sure, thanks!)
    shit, I probably have an easier time ranking PJ albums than Headstones. I love them all for different reasons. And I probably listen to them all equally. If I had to rank them, it would be:

1) Picture of Health
    2) Teeth and Tissue (one of my favourite bass riffs of all time-Unsound)
    3) Love + Fury (their reunion record-I played it so much my car cd player won't play it anymore)
    4) Little Army
    5) The Oracle of Hi Fi
    6) Smile and Wave (many people have this as their #1, the title track is almost always their last song of every show)
    7) Nickels For Your Nightmares

honourable mention: One In The Chamber Music. It's a record of acoustic renditions of classic songs and two new ones. I love acoustic records, but I don't listen to this that much. it's just....different. a punk band doing acoustic versions? it works for some songs, not so much for others. 

their greatest hits (called The Greatest Fits) is actually really good, as it has two songs that were new at the time, both of them explosive rockers. And the liner notes is the band and crew telling stories about each track. it's a really cool package. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2019
    you might also like Hard Core Logo (canadian cult classic, and one of the few acting jobs I actually think Hugh was good at, the other being Wind River). Hugh was cast as the main character, Joe Dick, and he performs the majority of the soundtrack. He is lead vocals, while the backing band is a band named Swamp Baby. 8 tracks of mostly ripping fast punk rock (including a cover of Sonic Reducer). Then there's 3 other songs, by Teenage Head, The Ramones, and Chris Spedding. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Core_Logo#Soundtrack_albums

sorry folks, back to the thread. I could talk about these guys all day. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

shit, I probably have an easier time ranking PJ albums than Headstones. I love them all for different reasons. And I probably listen to them all equally. If I had to rank them, it would be:

1) Picture of Health
    2) Teeth and Tissue (one of my favourite bass riffs of all time-Unsound)
    3) Love + Fury (their reunion record-I played it so much my car cd player won't play it anymore)
    4) Little Army
    5) The Oracle of Hi Fi
    6) Smile and Wave (many people have this as their #1, the title track is almost always their last song of every show)
    7) Nickels For Your Nightmares

honourable mention: One In The Chamber Music. It's a record of acoustic renditions of classic songs and two new ones. I love acoustic records, but I don't listen to this that much. it's just....different. a punk band doing acoustic versions? it works for some songs, not so much for others. 

their greatest hits (called The Greatest Fits) is actually really good, as it has two songs that were new at the time, both of them explosive rockers. And the liner notes is the band and crew telling stories about each track. it's a really cool package. 
    Cool, thanks!

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    brianlux said:
    hrd2imgn said:

"My Favorite Band" Pearl Jam
    Singer: enya

"The band I feel Most Loyal Toward"
    Pearl Jam and Metallica
    Singer: Steve Goodman

"The band that you've been a fan of for the Longest Time"
    Def Leppard
    Singer:  Burl Ives
    Very cool, the variety here, hrd2imgn.  From Enja to De Leppard to Burl Ives.  Nice!
    Burl got me hooked at 4, 41 years  later  I still have my original Lollipop Tree Lp, and  my kids love  it too.   I still know it by heart.

Enya is just damn  angelic

Def is my first rock band love, pyromania all  day long

Metallica was my first non Michael Jackson holy shit moment
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:
    brianlux said:
    hrd2imgn said:

"My Favorite Band" Pearl Jam
    Singer: enya

"The band I feel Most Loyal Toward"
    Pearl Jam and Metallica
    Singer: Steve Goodman

"The band that you've been a fan of for the Longest Time"
    Def Leppard
    Singer:  Burl Ives
    Very cool, the variety here, hrd2imgn.  From Enja to De Leppard to Burl Ives.  Nice!
    Burl got me hooked at 4, 41 years  later  I still have my original Lollipop Tree Lp, and  my kids love  it too.   I still know it by heart.

Enya is just damn  angelic

Def is my first rock band love, pyromania all  day long

Metallica was my first non Michael Jackson holy shit moment
    Early on I thought Enya (sorry for the previous misspelling!) was pure low-cal whipped cream fluff until I saw her on a late night show once and was dumbstruck by how sincere and real her music felt.  One of those unexpectedly pleasant surprises.