Poll--The Weakest Link: Michael Jackson's 'Bad' 1st Round

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
We have now crowned 8 Champions and now will move onto another critically acclaimed album.
'Back In Black' Champion - Hells Bells
'Led Zeppelin IV' Champion - When the Levee Breaks
'Second Helping' Champion - The Needle and the Spoon
'Sports' Champion - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
'Slippery When Wet' Champion - Wanted Dead or Alive
'Dark Side of the Moon' Champion - Time
'The Stranger' - Scenes From An Italian Restaurant
'Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975' - Take It Easy

We will play this time to determine the GREATEST song on the ONLY greatest hits album on my list. 'Bad' by Michael Jackson.
For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 3 days I remove the three (3) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to Round 2. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Lets have fun with this. Remember debating and discussing why your right and others are wrong is always fun.  

Poll--The Weakest Link: Michael Jackson's 'Bad' 1st Round 24 votes

Bad
0%
The Way You Make Me Feel
0%
Speed Demon
29%
dr. MowinckelgoldrushOf The AggieRP112579mrussel1tempo_n_groovePJ_Soul 7 votes
Liberian Girl
50%
jeffbrcutzBIGDaddyWilpledgeagrievanceFlying MXZjoberschlakeHesCalledDyerBLACK35hauntingfamiliarHobbesJojoRiceSmsmartins18 12 votes
Just Good Friends
8%
LukinFanSmallestOceans 2 votes
Another Part Of Me
4%
Black,red,yellow 1 vote
Man In The Mirror
0%
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
8%
DewieCoxnjnancy 2 votes
Dirty Diana
0%
Smooth Criminal
0%

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2019

Bad is the seventh studio album by Michael Jackson. It was released on August 31, 1987. Jackson co-produced the album and composed all but two tracks. Nine songs were released as singles. Seven charted in the top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100. It is one of the best-selling albums of all time, with an estimated 35 million copies sold worldwide. In 2017, the album was certified Diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for sales of over ten million copies in the United States.

"Leave Me Alone" was not included on the original vinyl or cassette releases but was included on the CD release and now is included in all releases
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Liberian Girl
    I never liked this song.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I wish this piece of filth never existed.

The love he receives is the love that is saved

Bad, not his best piece of work, but I guess to each his own.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    MedozK said:

Bad, not his best piece of work, but I guess to each his own.
    Hahaha.  Sarcasm?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Not a Michael fan.  I'll sit this one out.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Liberian Girl
    Was Man in the Mirror really on Bad? It seems like the MTV video came a few years later. That's the first time I heard that song. Probably one of my top three, along with Smooth Criminal and Dirty Diana.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Was Man in the Mirror really on Bad? It seems like the MTV video came a few years later. That's the first time I heard that song. Probably one of my top three, along with Smooth Criminal and Dirty Diana.
    Shhhh - don't let 'em know what you like! It'll go in the first round!!!! :lol: (I don't know who 'them' is, but ya know...  :mrgreen: )

This is an interesting one to drop - did not expect a Michael Jackson album. I'm going to have to listen to some of the lesser known tracks. You have really done a great job spanning across genres @MedozK  Interesting selection so far! :clap:
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Liberian Girl
    Yess! Oops, cat's out of the bag ;)  And  I didnt know 4 of the tracks. I had to go back and listen to them tonight.
    Yess! Oops, cat's out of the bag ;)  And  I didnt know 4 of the tracks. I had to go back and listen to them tonight.
    Yeah, I'm not completely MJ literate so I have some listening to do. Tomorrow. 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Speed Demon
    I was never an MJ fan, but my brother had Bad on vinyl. I was almost 11 when it came out, and at the age where I listened to the whole Top 40 countdown on the radio every week. The singles were everywhere so it was hard to escape it.

I can’t really remember the non-single tracks though so they’ll get the first votes.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Olivavu said:
    What’s next...a Gary Glitter thread?
    Possibly, Rock and Roll part 2 is legendary.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Yeah I'll be skipping this one too.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    Speed Demon
    Dirt Diana had better win.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Liberian Girl
    Easy first choice. But you’re missing Leave Me Alone, track 11.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Speed Demon
    Good album choice!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    MedozK said:
    Olivavu said:
    What’s next...a Gary Glitter thread?
    Possibly, Rock and Roll part 2 is legendary.
    Sure, what the heck!

:lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This came out around the end of college, but I wasn't partying to Michael Jackson, at all. 

Knew the radio songs.  I had an ick factor after seeing the documentary but tried to put it aside. I know my favorite song.

Was going to vote for Liberian Girl but the beginning of this song just killed it for me. 
    I think the 1st couple rounds are easy, the last two... the final four will be a "which greatest hit is worse".
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

edited May 2019
    Speed Demon
    MedozK said:
    I think the 1st couple rounds are easy, the last two... the final four will be a "which greatest hit is worse".
    Not me, I love the hits on this album! I still spin this album actually. That and Thriller, and if I see an old copy of Off The Wall at the record store, I'll definitely buy it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    MedozK said:
    Not me, I love the hits on this album! I still spin this album actually. That and Thriller, and if I see an old copy of Off The Wall at the record store, I'll definitely buy it.
    I listened to the album yesterday before voting and I realize that I know more song titles than I actually know songs . I recognize 5 titles but only know 3 songs.  I probably know more from previous albums, though I've never bought an MJ album, so I'm just guessing. 

My best friend in high school had an MJ album, it had to be Off The Wall or Thriller cause Wikipedia says it's the right time frame (I never realized he was in Pippin, I love that soundtrack.That was when he was little and not creepy at all. ). . 
    If he had included Eddie Van Halen on more songs, I would have shown more interest... :tongue:
    edited May 2019
    Speed Demon
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    MedozK said:
    I listened to the album yesterday before voting and I realize that I know more song titles than I actually know songs . I recognize 5 titles but only know 3 songs.  I probably know more from previous albums, though I've never bought an MJ album, so I'm just guessing. 

My best friend in high school had an MJ album, it had to be Off The Wall or Thriller cause Wikipedia says it's the right time frame (I never realized he was in Pippin, I love that soundtrack.That was when he was little and not creepy at all. ). . 
    If he had included Eddie Van Halen on more songs, I would have shown more interest... :tongue:
    The very first album I ever owned was Thriller. I got it on vinyl with my saved up allowance when I was 6, and that is still the copy I spin today ... I used to play it relentlessly, and I'd dance around the living room with puppets on both hands and make them sing all the songs. :lol: His was also the first poster I ever hung in my room, lol. PLUS I owned an MJ glove, haha! MJ was super duper important to my development as a huge music fan in general - his was the first music I ever LOVED. So his earlier albums are very special to me. :)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    edited May 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    njnancy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    MedozK said:

The very first album I ever owned was Thriller. I got it on vinyl with my saved up allowance when I was 6, and that is still the copy I spin today ... I used to play it relentlessly, and I'd dance around the living room with puppets on both hands and make them sing all the songs. :lol: His was also the first poster I ever hung in my room, lol. PLUS I owned an MJ glove, haha! MJ was super duper important to my development as a huge music fan in general - his was the first music I ever LOVED. So his earlier albums are very special to me. :)

They were very special to Wade Robson and James Safechuck as well. 
    Post edited by Olivavu on
    lol, and with that we have ended Round 1 
    Liberian Girl, Speed Demon, with Just Good Friends and I Just Can't Stop Loving You (tied with 2) eliminated
This discussion has been closed.