Options

Kevin Durant repping tonight!

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    If they want in on the NY market they’ll go to the Nets if they’re smart. 

Even their practice facility is beautiful.  
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,433
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:
    Don’t take my word for it... Tracy Morgan has all the inside info on the Knicks plans this summer =)

https://youtu.be/mtWx-FnDiTY
    Dude is wrong. "We sell no wine before its time" wasn't Asti Spumante, it was Paul Masson.
    That part was pretty funny. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    on2legs said:
    Poncier said:
    on2legs said:
    Don’t take my word for it... Tracy Morgan has all the inside info on the Knicks plans this summer =)

https://youtu.be/mtWx-FnDiTY
    Dude is wrong. "We sell no wine before its time" wasn't Asti Spumante, it was Paul Masson.
    That part was pretty funny. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

The NYC market isn't really a selling point anymore though. LBJ did fine in Cleveland.  Russ is, and KD was doing ok in freaking Oklahoma. AD in New Orleans. These guys don't really find the need to play in NYC to benefit their side gigs. 
  • Options

The NYC market isn't really a selling point anymore though. LBJ did fine in Cleveland.  Russ is, and KD was doing ok in freaking Oklahoma. AD in New Orleans. These guys don't really find the need to play in NYC to benefit their side gigs. 
    Most of these guys have gears turning besides basketball. LeBrons move to LA had little to do with basketball and everything to do with his brand.  If KD and Kyrie come to NY it’s to boost their brands.  Plus the west is jammed with great teams and it’s an easier path to the finals from the east.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    igotid88 said:
    LeBron was always going to Miami. And the Suns didn't want to give Amar'e the years he wanted. What hurts the Knicks is that their chances to get the #1 pick is lower than previous teams with the worse record.
    Also yes the Knicks have been bad for a long time. But teams get better. All you need is 2 great players and you're a playoff team.
    Suns were smart because Amare had a bum knee and they knew it.

He played one full season for the knicks... one.

Davis isn't coming to the Knicks.

Kyrie isn't coming.

Durant isn't coming.
    I didn't say the Suns were wrong. I was just saying that was the Knicks last hope after LeBron dissed everyone. I wasn't happy with the signing. But we had our best year
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    LeBron was always going to Miami. And the Suns didn't want to give Amar'e the years he wanted. What hurts the Knicks is that their chances to get the #1 pick is lower than previous teams with the worse record.
    Also yes the Knicks have been bad for a long time. But teams get better. All you need is 2 great players and you're a playoff team.

Kyrie isn't coming.

Durant isn't coming.
    I didn't say the Suns were wrong. I was just saying that was the Knicks last hope after LeBron dissed everyone. I wasn't happy with the signing. But we had our best year
    Pretty sure the Knicks signed Amare before Lebron's "The Decision". That's why us Knicks fans were super salty.  It was rumored than Lebron asked for Amare and ditched. He's always wanted Amare even after he got injured in Phoenix. Cleveland was actually looking to trade for him the season before to keep Lebron in Cleveland
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Kyrie isn't coming.

Durant isn't coming.
    Pretty sure the Knicks signed Amare before Lebron's "The Decision". That's why us Knicks fans were super salty.  It was rumored than Lebron asked for Amare and ditched. He's always wanted Amare even after he got injured in Phoenix. Cleveland was actually looking to trade for him the season before to keep Lebron in Cleveland
    I remember they had to spend the money since LeBron didn't come
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Kyrie isn't coming.

Durant isn't coming.
    Wasn't that on Melo later that year?
  • Options
    They signed Amare before LeBron announced he was taking his talents to South Beach. 

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Kyrie isn't coming.

Durant isn't coming.
    They traded for Melo
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    I wish Capela or Harden would sport a PJ t-shirt!

Golden Hate ‘19
  • Options

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Kyrie isn't coming.

Durant isn't coming.
    They traded for Melo
    And then signed him to a big fat deal.  I thought they did that sooner rather than later, I forget now.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    on2legs said:

This is not meant anything to you on2legs, but i'm already tired of hearing these speculations abut the upcoming Free Agents. We've almost  heard more about what players may or may not do next season, then we've have about the Playoffs. How about these hoop-heads let the playoffs play out, and then lets talk about the pending Free Agents?  
  • Options
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:

This is not meant anything to you on2legs, but i'm already tired of hearing these speculations abut the upcoming Free Agents. We've almost  heard more about what players may or may not do next season, then we've have about the Playoffs. How about these hoop-heads let the playoffs play out, and then lets talk about the pending Free Agents?  
    Glad you mentioned that.  Other people are starting to report/complain about it too.  The regular season literally means nothing now.  It's all about the playoffs and free agency!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    The NBA is a joke there is no parity tell me when was the last time a total underdog won the championship? To me it’s unwatchable I’m done with contributing to mega millionaires salary by buying their products or buying tickets to their games ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    The NBA is a joke there is no parity tell me when was the last time a total underdog won the championship? To me it’s unwatchable I’m done with contributing to mega millionaires salary by buying their products or buying tickets to their games ..
    2004 Pistons probably.  

The game is still great. The rules are different, the players are more annoying and everyone has a brand BUT....the athleticism has never been better.  The fundamentals are great.  The greatest shooter ever is in his prime.  Big men shoot better than guards did back then lol.  It’s always been a top heavy league because of how the Playoff format is.  Shorten it and you’ll see a lot more upsets.  Its not a tournament so your cinderella teams cant really exist. 

I grew up going to games in the 80s and watching Jordan, Barkley, Stockton, etc.  The talent today is still off the charts.  Just in a different style.  
  • Options
    cutz said:
    on2legs said:

Glad you mentioned that.  Other people are starting to report/complain about it too.  The regular season literally means nothing now.  It's all about the playoffs and free agency!!
    The NBA has always been about the playoffs. 

• Options
    edited May 2019
    The Cavs in 2016.  You could also argue the Mavs in 2011 and the Spurs in 2014. 
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    There's the economic anxiety I'm used to seeing online.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Let’s go DUBS!!!!  Back in Oakland tonight, please don’t let this be the last game in Oakland!  
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    What makes you happy? You seem to hate a lot of stuff. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Let’s go DUBS!!!!  Back in Oakland tonight, please don’t let this be the last game in Oakland!  
    If we’re doing throwback warriors I’m more of a Chris Weber guy but I’m all in on the Dubs.  Hope they win tonight!

• Options
    jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    on2legs said:
    If we’re doing throwback warriors I’m more of a Chris Weber guy but I’m all in on the Dubs.  Hope they win tonight!
    Yasss!  This guy went to my church, was the only thing that made me excited about going to church.  Would watch him play at roaracle with my dad when i was a kid :-)

IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    Queens legend
  • Options
    Durant!  Don’t let it be the Achilles!?!!

• Options
    BREAKING NEWS: Kevin Durant Opts-in for the final year of his contract with GSW
  • Options
    Just a calf strain.  Whew!