Options

Article - NY Daily News - Fan finds Jill's iPhone, returns to Ed, gets $500 and Zippo

VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,918
edited July 2008 in The Porch
GOSSIP
BILLIONAIRE'S BIG MOVE
GEORGE RUSH AND JOANNA RUSH MOLLOY WITH SEAN EVANS AND SHALLON LESTER
9 July 2008
New York Daily News
SPORTS FINAL

[Veddernarian: I deleted a lot of unrelated stuff from the article which covered many topics and only left the section on Eddie.]

-One rock fan thought he was dreaming last week when he got into a cab and found an iPhone filled with pictures of Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder, his girlfriend, Jill McCormick, and their family. "Suddenly, the phone started ringing," says a source. "The caller ID said 'Eddie.'" After chatting with the rocker himself, the fan dropped off McCormick's phone at Vedder's midtown hotel. Vedder was appreciative, handing the do-gooder an envelope with a note of gratitude, one of his engraved Zippo lighters and $500.
Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Fucking Sick!!!!!!
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I've read about three different threads on this today, and what I don't understand throughout is how did this make news? Did the person who found the phone require national attention? Just odd.

Is it just me? Or is EVERYTHING public in this day and age.. Just look at the MySpace surveys people fill out and then send out as a bulletin to all their "friends" on their lists. I wonder how many of the people on your MySpace list you actually know. For me, it's a good 99%.. One percent shy of wanting to just send out answers to in depth surveys about my life. I think I'll make one of my own and send it out and see what response I get:

1. Which of your credit cards has the highest line of credit?
    2. What is the number?
    3. The three digit code?
    4. The name exactly as it appears on your card?
    5. The expiration date.

Fill this out and pass it on to 22 "friends" or your dog will lose all of it's hair and gypsies will eat your baby!

It's mind boggling.
    Just me
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,514