Options

psst...4/19/19

Comments

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    on2legs said:
    jeffbr said:
    Easy pass. Didn't buy on RSD, and if this is the same limited song selection/partial playlist, there's nothing particularly special about these tunes that I need this on a colored vinyl when I already have the CD...and from comments I've seen, it's not properly mixed. Have at it flippers.
    Yup. I passed by stacks and stacks of these on RSD. I don't understand the band's current infatuation with releasing incomplete shows on vinyl. We've seen it with recent vaults and with this and I'll pass each time. Put the full show on vinyl and I'm all over it.
    There was a video/thread for RSD on here with Kevin Cole and the owner of Easy Street where they talked about why it’s only seven songs instead of the full show.  Allegedly, something went wrong with the live recording so the entire show can’t (or won’t) be released.  The video is below it’s at the six minute mark or so.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4283MtGyBS4
    Hey! Don’t try to interject facts into people’s complaining!  =)
    LOL!
    Not sure what the LOL was about. On2legs comment was stupid considering this is likely new information - at least it was to me. So thanks to you for providing that. That helps in this instance (although doesn't make me want to spend $25 - $30 on a vinyl EP when I already have the CD).  I know the band can't make any wrong decision in the minds of the sycophants, but for discerning consumers it is helpful to have complete information, so thanks again. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,468
    jeffbr said:
    on2legs said:
    jeffbr said:
    Easy pass. Didn't buy on RSD, and if this is the same limited song selection/partial playlist, there's nothing particularly special about these tunes that I need this on a colored vinyl when I already have the CD...and from comments I've seen, it's not properly mixed. Have at it flippers.
    Yup. I passed by stacks and stacks of these on RSD. I don't understand the band's current infatuation with releasing incomplete shows on vinyl. We've seen it with recent vaults and with this and I'll pass each time. Put the full show on vinyl and I'm all over it.
    There was a video/thread for RSD on here with Kevin Cole and the owner of Easy Street where they talked about why it’s only seven songs instead of the full show.  Allegedly, something went wrong with the live recording so the entire show can’t (or won’t) be released.  The video is below it’s at the six minute mark or so.  

LOL!
    Not sure what the LOL was about. On2legs comment was stupid considering this is likely new information - at least it was to me. So thanks to you for providing that. That helps in this instance (although doesn't make me want to spend $25 - $30 on a vinyl EP when I already have the CD).  I know the band can't make any wrong decision in the minds of the sycophants, but for discerning consumers it is helpful to have complete information, so thanks again. 
    Eh... people were calling the band lazy for putting out incomplete shows when in fact there was a very good reason for it.  I’ll patiently wait for those people to post that they were off base but I won’t hold my breath too long.  

And on a a side note... you should lighten up a bit.  This is a rock band and it’s supposed to be fun.  Have a great day! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,780
    on2legs said:
    jeffbr said:
    on2legs said:
    jeffbr said:

LOL!
    Eh... people were calling the band lazy for putting out incomplete shows when in fact there was a very good reason for it.  I’ll patiently wait for those people to post that they were off base but I won’t hold my breath too long.  

And on a a side note... you should lighten up a bit.  This is a rock band and it’s supposed to be fun.  Have a great day! =)
    Image result for slam dunk gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    on2legs said:

My initial statement was: "Easy pass. Didn't buy on RSD, and if this is the same limited song selection/partial playlist, there's nothing particularly special about these tunes that I need this on a colored vinyl when I already have the CD...and from comments I've seen, it's not properly mixed. Have at it flippers."

jeffbr then replied: Yup. I passed by stacks and stacks of these on RSD. I don't understand the band's current infatuation with releasing incomplete shows on vinyl. We've seen it with recent vaults and with this and I'll pass each time. Put the full show on vinyl and I'm all over it.

I'm not sure if you're referring to another member's post, but neither of used the word "lazy." Also, I can't speak for jeffbr, but I wasn't aware, and it seems he wasn't either, that that there had been an issue with the recording preventing the complete show from being released - but regardless of that fact, it's still the same recording from the same source from over a decade ago, with the same cover art, and releasing it as such on RSD was more gimmick than substance. Again, still not calling them "lazy", but not going to say this took much effort either. And if they can turn around something so quickly, no reason something can't be pulled from the archives and pressed for the fan club singles just as quickly.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    on2legs said:

My initial statement was: "Easy pass. Didn't buy on RSD, and if this is the same limited song selection/partial playlist, there's nothing particularly special about these tunes that I need this on a colored vinyl when I already have the CD...and from comments I've seen, it's not properly mixed. Have at it flippers."

jeffbr then replied: Yup. I passed by stacks and stacks of these on RSD. I don't understand the band's current infatuation with releasing incomplete shows on vinyl. We've seen it with recent vaults and with this and I'll pass each time. Put the full show on vinyl and I'm all over it.

I'm not sure if you're referring to another member's post, but neither of used the word "lazy." Also, I can't speak for jeffbr, but I wasn't aware, and it seems he wasn't either, that that there had been an issue with the recording preventing the complete show from being released - but regardless of that fact, it's still the same recording from the same source from over a decade ago, with the same cover art, and releasing it as such on RSD was more gimmick than substance. Again, still not calling them "lazy", but not going to say this took much effort either. And if they can turn around something so quickly, no reason something can't be pulled from the archives and pressed for the fan club singles just as quickly.
    I would never think that either of you guys would make negative assumptions about the band.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,990
    1 day left!
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,780
    Vault 6 arrived.  Gonna give it a spin hopefully tonight.  Here is to more 1998 shows and hopefully some 1996 shows sneaking out of the vault.

Thanks @Santos L. Halper

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    I know it's for charity and tax-deductible and all that goodness, but $800+ for a record with a wide release later on?

I'm glad some of you have that kind of money to burn.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    demetrios said:
    Did I miss out this ítem from the shop? Or wans't it available yet?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    demetrios said:
    It hasn’t been offered for sale yet.  

• Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    on2legs said:
    demetrios said:
    It hasn’t been offered for sale yet.  
    Thanks mate
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    3 day's left. Current bid $610.00.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    I know it's for charity and tax-deductible and all that goodness, but $800+ for a record with a wide release later on?

I'm glad some of you have that kind of money to burn.
    Give to their organizations and they hope that it will lead to meeting the band?

It's for charity so spend spend people!!!
  • Options
    1 day left.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    demetrios said:
    I confidently bid $600 knowing I wasn't going to win.. and sure enough, someone already got their max way up there. This is incredible for VF
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,647
    If everyone really wanted the red ones released anytime soon no one would bid higher than $30 :lol:

(the charity part is awesome tho)
  • Options
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,911
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    edited May 2019
    Understand the color ones being drip fed to eBay for charity. 

On the standard black ones were the ones released here different to the record store versions on RSD? Or are they one and the same?

Meaning did we as 10c members get a special release vs public?
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,062
    Understand the color ones being drip fed to eBay for charity. 

On the standard black ones were the ones released here different to the record store versions on RSD? Or are they one and the same?

Meaning did we as 10c members get a special release vs public?
    Santos hinted that there will be a 10C release in July. Reading the EBay listing, it seems that the red vinyl will be the 10C version, but they are selling them first on Ebay as a charity fundraiser.