Comments

• sdavissdavis Posts: 959
    😁
  • toolfan2305toolfan2305 Posts: 351
    I got one for this clown i know.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067

• TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    I got one - and I'm spinning it.  F the flippers
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Missed it
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Missed it but would love a copy if anyone wants to sell or trade?? 
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    edited April 2019
    Got one,which is nice, because I actually went to the show.
    Post edited by Guy Dudebro on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Had it in my cart & let it go. Trying to stay away from impulsive purchases!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Got one. Stoked to add this to the collection, 
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Scored one
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    mfc2006 said:
    Same. It would sit on the shelf. Is rather listen to Live at the Moore
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    mfc2006 said:
    Same. It would sit on the shelf. Is rather listen to Live at the Moore
    Me too. That'a  much better album in my opinion.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Sonic evolution is a terrible sounding record.  I bought it when it first was offered a few years ago, listened to it once, it’s sat on the shelf since.  The only reason folks want the splatter is to sit on it for a year and sell it or use it for trades.

Except for the completist. Theirs will sit on a shelf until they die and their heirs will throw it in the trash, or drop it off at the Goodwill in 35 years. 
  • toolfan2305toolfan2305 Posts: 351
    Cheery guy =)
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Sonic evolution is a terrible sounding record.  I bought it when it first was offered a few years ago, listened to it once, it’s sat on the shelf since.  The only reason folks want the splatter is to sit on it for a year and sell it or use it for trades.

Except for the completist. Theirs will sit on a shelf until they die and their heirs will throw it in the trash, or drop it off at the Goodwill in 35 years. 
    That’s some truth right there.  after the mortician cuts off my shitty ass pants and wipes me all off and pulls my organs out and chucks em in a trash can I assume my kids will just answer the phone and tell my wife “all that old shit?! Nah, fuck it, throw it out, Ma.”
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Question for the Mad Splatter owners:  I have a sealed copy that i bought when the very first sale was on.   It's still sealed, and for the life of me i have always "known" it was a purple vinyl edition.   Just for kicks i was looking through my order history and saw this:

MAD SEASON / SEATTLE SYMPHONY / SONIC EVOLUTION RED/BLACK SPLATTER VINYL LP

SKU: 6440-COLOR

Is there any real way of knowing without opening the record?  I don't really have a good reason to NOT open it, i play vinyl every day at home, i just haven't gotten to this one. Probably because of all the "sounds terrible" posts i saw when it first came out.

Escape is never the safest path....

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
  • As far as I know there is no way to knwo without opening them.  The copies that 10c sold last year came with stickers to identify the splatters and purple copies, there is no way to know once those stickers are gone.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    As far as I remember, the original sale was for either the black or purple.  I’m not sure if the purple was marked with sticker or not, but I think not.  The black orders had random mad splatters instead of black, so there was no way of knowing unless you cut the seal.  The last round of splatters from the shop are labeled with sticker to note splatter.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PP193448 said:
    As far as I remember, the original sale was for either the black or purple.  I’m not sure if the purple was marked with sticker or not, but I think not.  The black orders had random mad splatters instead of black, so there was no way of knowing unless you cut the seal.  The last round of splatters from the shop are labeled with sticker to note splatter.
    Thank you, guys.  I guess the moment of truth will be when i get home tonight.   Kind of excited about the prospect of owning one of the rarer versions.   I had a red lightning bolt for a little while, but i sold it to purchase the Ten deluxe box.  

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    I got a splatter in the first sale. No way to tell. Had to open to see.
  • All's well that ends well.  Despite the order confirmation in my order history saying Red Splatter, the records are a beautiful Purple.  Will be doing their maiden spin tonight.  

Atlanta 9.1.98
    Dallas 11.15.13
    Ft. Worth 9.15.23
    Can anyone who owns both the purple and the splatter help me and tell me which is which if you still have them sealed?  I have one with a round orange sticker that 10c had stuck on it and not sure what it means.

and I don’t know which is which :(

thanks!!
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Can anyone who owns both the purple and the splatter help me and tell me which is which if you still have them sealed?  I have one with a round orange sticker that 10c had stuck on it and not sure what it means.

and I don’t know which is which :(

thanks!!
    The ones that went up most recently for sale with the 10c had colored stickers on the outside to help determine the color and edition. 
    Orange sticker is the splatter color edition (not the purple). Hope this helps. 
    Yeah that helps a lot, thank you!